IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Hello

New problem...

Just received the 2.5 update SD card from Vortexbox here in Aus. Shut down the mr via sonicorbiter, replaced the SD card and heard it click started up DAC again but sonicorbiter isn't finidng it now. If put the 2.3 back in everything is fine. 

Any ideas?

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

11 hours ago, bunno77 said:

Hello

New problem...

Just received the 2.5 update SD card from Vortexbox here in Aus. Shut down the mr via sonicorbiter, replaced the SD card and heard it click started up DAC again but sonicorbiter isn't finidng it now. If put the 2.3 back in everything is fine. 

Any ideas?

Contact VortexboxAU so they can update the units firmware.

6 hours ago, Kilauea50 said:

I am still showing 2.5 as the current version in both the uR and i7. How is everybody getting 2.6?

Edit: I just clicked on update and it did update to 2.6 but the STi7 still shows 2.5

Sonicorbiter on the sonicTransporter series has not been updated yet.

17 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Contact VortexboxAU so they can update the units firmware.

Hi mate,

Spoke with Peter today. He was very nice to deal with but only asked what I was doing and said for me to post the SD card back to him so he can look at it. The only reason I bought from Vortexbox is I thought it would be quicker. I am regretting not buying direct.

Is there anything I can do to try to fix this rather than wait another 2 weeks for a new card?

Thank you

2 hours ago, bunno77 said:

Hi mate,

Spoke with Peter today. He was very nice to deal with but only asked what I was doing and said for me to post the SD card back to him so he can look at it. The only reason I bought from Vortexbox is I thought it would be quicker. I am regretting not buying direct.

Is there anything I can do to try to fix this rather than wait another 2 weeks for a new card?

Thank you

The software is likely fine....send it in for them to update the firmware.

32 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The software is likely fine....send it in for them to update the firmware.

The microrendu? He only asked for the sd card. 
If it is fine then why when I reinsert the 2.3 software everything is fine? I have done this 3 or 4 times rotating between the 2 cards.  With the 2.5 card in I can see the rendu on the network via My Computer but the web interface isn't seeing it nor is Roon.

I really don't want to send anything away. I am more inclined to send the SD card back for a refund and purchase a new one via http://www.sonore.us/SonicorbiterOS.html

1 minute ago, bunno77 said:

The microrendu? He only asked for the sd card. 
If it is fine then why when I reinsert the 2.3 software everything is fine? I have done this 3 or 4 times rotating between the 2 cards.  With the 2.5 card in I can see the rendu on the network via My Computer but the web interface isn't seeing it.

I really don't want to send anything away. I am more inclined to send the SD card back for a refund and purchase a new one via http://www.sonore.us/SonicorbiterOS.html

Your going to delay this further...just send him to the unit. 

6 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Your going to delay this further...just send him to the unit. 

So I'm not inserting a card correctly? That's all that is required for the update yes? 

Hi, installed 2.6 last night and only had a chance to try tonight.

pleased to report that Spotify connect is better than ever but have now got an issue with  squeezelite. 

MR just crashes as soon as track is played, initially thought it was due to HD track but is the same with FLAC.

Have tried reboot but only works again after mains disconnect. 

Equipment. Chord 2qute and Vortexbox running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 0.107.20151223git1450801618 @ Mon Jan 4 17:58:53 EST 2016

MR 1.3 

11 hours ago, bunno77 said:

Have there been heaps of functioning units sent back to have an sd card inserted? Common issue? 

No. Like I said it appears to need a firmware update to accept the 2.5 update and if it needs anything alse we would take care of it. 

undertook upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 on my cherished ultrarendu....... update proceeded normally with no error messages. only message was pls reboot...... gui showed 2.6. I rebooted as instructed and now device can't be found on network. Can't ping device. LED on rear remains red.

What to do??

1 hour ago, msherman said:

undertook upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 on my cherished ultrarendu....... update proceeded normally with no error messages. only message was pls reboot...... gui showed 2.6. I rebooted as instructed and now device can't be found on network. Can't ping device. LED on rear remains red.

What to do??

Shut down the unit and restart (disconnect power). Reboot through web page doesn't seem to always work. 

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond