IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

On 3/14/2018 at 5:03 PM, vortecjr said:

Steve’s unit is coming in for a look under the hood. Let’s see what we see...

I've tested both microRendu units separately.  On their own connected to at least 2 of my DACs they work fine.  Issues I've run into are usually due to failing to unplug the power to the Audio Alchemy (not just turning off the unit via remote -- it's still "caching" status with the microRendu -- and then plugging the unit in after the microRendu is up and connected to the Audio Alchemy).  If this isn't done properly the microRendu simply won't see the Audio Alchemy.  And using Roon with either the Roon or Squeezelite app running works.  So, the problem of using both microRendu units concurrently in my network still remains to be found.  I've put one microRendu aside while I bring in another Roon Ready network player for audition.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

I'll be sending my microRendu in for a 1.4 upgrade on Monday.  I'm in CA, and it ships to Florida.

Any advice on which carrier to use?  Sonore warns that USPS may cause delays.  But their small flat-fee priority box is likely the value winner.

Has anyone used UPS, DHL, or FedEx without spending another $25 or more?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, sockpit said:

Sonore warns that USPS may cause delays.  But their small flat-fee priority box is likely the value winner.

I'm not sure why Sonore has a problem with USPS.  I used USPS and had no problem, but I live very close to Sonore.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

30 minutes ago, sockpit said:

I'll be sending my microRendu in for a 1.4 upgrade on Monday.  I'm in CA, and it ships to Florida.

Any advice on which carrier to use?  Sonore warns that USPS may cause delays.  But their small flat-fee priority box is likely the value winner.

Has anyone used UPS, DHL, or FedEx without spending another $25 or more?

Thanks.

I shipped mine Fed Ex last week from Minnesota $17 with Insurance. 3 day delivery.

They sent it back yesterday

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

Hi,

I have an ultraRendu which requires rebooting between every listening session (generally daily). The system is as follows:-

Mac mini/Audirvana 3+ ->gs108 -> ultraRendu-> Chord Hugo. It is all left powered 24/7 and the Mac mini is set 'Not to sleep'

Between listenings, Audirvana switches to 'computer output'. The ultra keeps its connection to the Hugo but is not recognised by Audirvana until i reboot- very frustrating.

Can any body suggest a fix?

3 hours ago, Frojo said:

Hi,

I have an ultraRendu which requires rebooting between every listening session (generally daily). The system is as follows:-

Mac mini/Audirvana 3+ ->gs108 -> ultraRendu-> Chord Hugo. It is all left powered 24/7 and the Mac mini is set 'Not to sleep'

Between listenings, Audirvana switches to 'computer output'. The ultra keeps its connection to the Hugo but is not recognised by Audirvana until i reboot- very frustrating.

Can any body suggest a fix?

If the DAC is listed in Apps / DAC Diagnostics try just going to Apps / App Switcher and press MPD/DLNA instead of rebooting the unit.   

Thanks vortecjr- MPD/DLNA activated re-connects,rather than rebooting. Is there anyway i can stop it de-activating?

I run the Mac mini headless and therefore have to log in with VNC everytime. Up until recently i could simply use Audirvanas remote to start and stop playback.I don't understand what has changed..

41 minutes ago, Frojo said:

Thanks vortecjr- MPD/DLNA activated re-connects,rather than rebooting. Is there anyway i can stop it de-activating?

I run the Mac mini headless and therefore have to log in with VNC everytime. Up until recently i could simply use Audirvanas remote to start and stop playback.I don't understand what has changed..

I'm not aware of any way to prevent it...some devices work that way. None of mine behave that way so I can't even test it. 

Hello,

I have finally hooked up my microrendu from the 2016 Black Friday deals.

When I first connected it I was able to find it, set it to Roon Ready and select it as a zone in Roon. When trying to play any music though it skips through all selected tracks whether they are straight from Tidal or local. 

I then updated it but still on V2.3 software, now it shows on my network etc but is no longer available as a device in Roon. 2 other airplay devices are selectable and working via Roon.

Any help on how to get it working with Roon is greatly appreciated

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

Update......

I don't know what I did but the microrendu is now visable in Roon but skipping every track again.

8 hours ago, bunno77 said:

Update......

I don't know what I did but the microrendu is now visable in Roon but skipping every track again.

what dac are you using with the microrendu and what tracks are you trying to play (local or tidal)?  did you check the playback settings in roon to make sure they're appropriate for your dac?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
5 hours ago, jcn3 said:

what dac are you using with the microrendu and what tracks are you trying to play (local or tidal)?  did you check the playback settings in roon to make sure they're appropriate for your dac?

I'm using a lh labs geek pulse that is being recognised by the microrendu. Both local and tidal seem to be skipping. 

No I haven't looked at playback settings inside Roon. The microrendu has since disappeared from Roon again.... 

Hi,

I bought a ultrarendu today and connected with router via Ethernet and dac(hugo2) via USB. But the network is not determining ultrarendu. Tried with 2 different cables. Powered off and on - still same issue. Same Ethernet cable is working in my TV/AV receiver. Any advice would be greatly helpful.

Thanks

Hi folks,

Hoping someone can help me out; I'm suddenly having problems with my uRendu again.  In mysonicorbiter it is not showing up as a network player, although my router is saying the LAN connection is fine. I've tried powering off the rendu, unplugging the network cable, and same result... I'm getting a little frustrated; first up version 2.5 won't recognise my DAC, and now the whole thing has vanished off my network so is completely unusable! This thing sounds great when it's working, but it's just not reliable! My 10yo SBT on the other hand is rock solid. The urendu is not a cheap unit; surely these sorts of bugs shouldn't exist by this stage?

Hopefully someone can help!

Cheers, Steve

22 hours ago, vortecjr said:

For piece of mind please go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save.  

In the Sonicorbitor setup page? Yep have done that numerous times and reboots and power offs. I can still see the rendu on my network and sonicorbitor page but nothing in Roon

3 hours ago, Ashok Choutry said:

Hi,

I bought a ultrarendu today and connected with router via Ethernet and dac(hugo2) via USB. But the network is not determining ultrarendu. Tried with 2 different cables. Powered off and on - still same issue. Same Ethernet cable is working in my TV/AV receiver. Any advice would be greatly helpful.

Thanks

Power down the unit. Remove and reinsert the SD card making sure it clicks in. Power it up and test.

1 hour ago, Wiffle said:

Hi folks,

Hoping someone can help me out; I'm suddenly having problems with my uRendu again.  In mysonicorbiter it is not showing up as a network player, although my router is saying the LAN connection is fine. I've tried powering off the rendu, unplugging the network cable, and same result... I'm getting a little frustrated; first up version 2.5 won't recognise my DAC, and now the whole thing has vanished off my network so is completely unusable! This thing sounds great when it's working, but it's just not reliable! My 10yo SBT on the other hand is rock solid. The urendu is not a cheap unit; surely these sorts of bugs shouldn't exist by this stage?

Hopefully someone can help!

Cheers, Steve

I understand your frustration. However, this is a project that is under constant development and we are providing bug fixes, new features, security updates, etc. Naturally I can't speak for your other gear and have no objection to you using it. Anyway, while it may not be working if the OS has become corrupt it's easy fix with a new SD card. You can obtain a new SD from our website here: http://www.sonore.us

1 hour ago, bunno77 said:

In the Sonicorbitor setup page? Yep have done that numerous times and reboots and power offs. I can still see the rendu on my network and sonicorbitor page but nothing in Roon

A couple of things:

1. The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. 

2. I have a customer who has a computer on a 192.168.1.x IP address and the unit on a 10.0.0.x IP address. Needless to say this will not work. You may want to rule this out as well if the above does not work. 

27 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

A couple of things:

1. The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. 

2. I have a customer who has a computer on a 192.168.1.x IP address and the unit on a 10.0.0.x IP address. Needless to say this will not work. You may want to rule this out as well if the above does not work. 

Thanks for getting back to me...

The DAC is seen

DAC description: Geek Pulse X Infinity 1V5      2522:0009

Diagnostic information for this DAC

/proc/asound/card0/stream0
no setup
amixer: Mixer hw:0 load error: Protocol error

Is this what you mean with the IP?

Currently the rendu is seen in Roon but skipping all tracks

Network players 1

Version: 2.3
Model: microRendu
IP Address: 192.168.0.23
MAC: D0:63:B4:01:02:E3

That doesn't look good at all. This is what mine looks like:

iFi (by AMR) iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: SPECIAL DSD_U32_BE
Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)
Simple mixer control 'iFi (by AMR) Internal Clock Validity',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

That is the IP of the Rendu on your network, but since Roon sees the unit I would not worry about it.

3 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

That doesn't look good at all. This is what mine looks like:

iFi (by AMR) iFi (by AMR) HD USB Audio at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: SPECIAL DSD_U32_BE

Simple mixer control 'iFi (by AMR) Internal Clock Validity',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Mono: Playback [on]

That is the IP of the Rendu on your network now compare it to the computer's IP address. 

Did a reboot of the DAC and came up with this which looks like it was a day or 2 ago

Simple mixer control 'LH Labs Clock Selector',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 127
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'LH Labs Clock Selector',1
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Mono: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]

Yep the PCs IP is 192.168.1.29 so that should be ok

Tried playing again and we have music!

Sounds relaxed and bass is good.

Thank you very much. I'll be looking to order the 2.5 update soon

7 minutes ago, bunno77 said:

Did a reboot of the DAC and came up with this which looks like it was a day or 2 ago

Simple mixer control 'LH Labs Clock Selector',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
Simple mixer control 'LH Labs Clock Selector',1
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Mono: Playback 127 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]

Yep the PCs IP is 192.168.1.29 so that should be ok

Tried playing again and we have music!

Sounds relaxed and bass is good.

Thank you very much. I'll be looking to order the 2.5 update soon

Cool. At this point wait for the 2.6 update card to pop up on our website. 

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

Will do

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Is there a way to sign up and get emails when these update cards become available?

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.