IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Where are you located?  Did you sign up for the Qobuz trial from a country (or VPN server) where Qobuz operates?

When you have a Qobuz account you can stream it almost anywhere. A UK account will stream in the US, for example. You only need VPN to sign up. (They're officially launching in the US this year though. CA thread: link.)

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

1 hour ago, left channel said:

When you have a Qobuz account you can stream it almost anywhere. A UK account will stream in the US, for example. You only need VPN to sign up. (They're officially launching in the US this year though. CA thread: link.)

Thanks for all replys, It works now after restarting the LMS in the settings menu. Iam located in the Netherlands and I realy like the Ultrarendu (together with the iso regen and the lps 1.2).

I hope the sq is better with Qobuz, I tried Tidal, sounds great but not like my local stored music.

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

5 hours ago, Chrakker said:

Sorry that last post may be a bit vague, the problem is the mrendu usually appears as a device on the network in roon , but since the upgrade it is not there. Other devices  eg sonos  are there. and operating. 

Can you access the MicroRendu though your webinterface ?

Are you sure your MicroRendu sees the DCC or DAC connected to it ?

Go to DAC diagnostics and verify. 

5 hours ago, Chrakker said:

Hi , wondering if anyone has same issue , I have a microrendu and upgraded to sonicorbiter V 2.6 the other day, since then Roon does not see it . Perhaps a Roon issue,  ???  Or the new 2.6 . Any advice greatfully accepted 

thanks

Go to Settings / Roon Ready and press Save. Then make sure the DAC is listed in Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

8 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Tidal HiFi ?

Yes Tidal hifi. In my setup local stored music was sounding better. Now I can try qobuz.

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

15 minutes ago, simonp said:

Yes Tidal hifi. In my setup local stored music was sounding better. Now I can try qobuz.

Very interesting. One time it was opposite in my system. Now equal.

You may consider try Roon, but I have no idea if that will change anything in your case. And I suppose that mean to use another computer as well.

I think the Red pill, Blue pill tread address the issue about same track sounds differently locally vs streaming. I only read 3 pages of more than 80, so not sure what direction that thread is going.

I've notice you probably have a quite good system to test with, as that Kii Three has everything built in :-)

I will be very surprised if Qubuz will sound differently from Tidal.

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Go to Settings / Roon Ready and press Save. Then make sure the DAC is listed in Apps / DAC Diagnostics.

Thanks Vortecjr,    I pulled the  power and it came up all good.   I had rebooted a few times earlier but did not help.  

BTW thank you for a wonderful device , I love it .

Chris 

australia

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Can you access the MicroRendu though your webinterface ?

Are you sure your MicroRendu sees the DCC or DAC connected to it ?

Go to DAC diagnostics and verify. 

R1200CL

thanks so much, it’s going good now ,  not sure why , I pulled the power on the mrendu and when it powered up it came up in Roon.    Thank you for taking the time to answer my post 

regards Chris 

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Very interesting. One time it was opposite in my system. Now equal.

You may consider try Roon, but I have no idea if that will change anything in your case. And I suppose that mean to use another computer as well.

I think the Red pill, Blue pill tread address the issue about same track sounds differently locally vs streaming. I only read 3 pages of more than 80, so not sure what direction that thread is going.

I've notice you probably have a quite good system to test with, as that Kii Three has everything built in :-)

I will be very surprised if Qubuz will sound differently from Tidal.

I will let you know. No qobuz and roon so I will test it with lms. Tidal was also with lms.

SonicOrbiter 2.5 no longer boots correctly it seems. 

I did a routine update check two weeks ago. Some packages were found so the system updated. To be clear, this is not the update to 2.6! After the reboot, I couldn't reach the device anymore. There is no ping even. I have no idea how to debug this?

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

7 hours ago, Pepsican said:

SonicOrbiter 2.5 no longer boots correctly it seems. 

I did a routine update check two weeks ago. Some packages were found so the system updated. To be clear, this is not the update to 2.6! After the reboot, I couldn't reach the device anymore. There is no ping even. I have no idea how to debug this?

Probably best to pick up a replacement uSD card from our website. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Probably best to pick up a replacement uSD card from our website. 

There seem to be quite a few reports of this issue.  Do they share a common cause?  I'm getting kind of nervous about updating my ultraRendu.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

There seem to be quite a few reports of this issue.  Do they share a common cause?  I'm getting kind of nervous about updating my ultraRendu.

If you knew the total number of updates thus far you would realize that there is no issue with updating. If you are concerend buy an SD card as a back up. However, there isn’t anything really drastic about the 2.6 update on the micro/ultra. It’s the same Linux Kernel with patches for new native DSD devices. Some of the apps have been updated, but this has occurred over many months.    

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, vortecjr said:

If you knew the total number of updates thus far you would realize that there is no issue with updating. If you are concerend buy an SD card as a back up. However, there isn’t anything really drastic about the 2.6 update on the micro/ultra. It’s the same Linux Kernel with patches for new native DSD devices. Some of the apps have been updated, but this has occurred over many months.    

To be clear, my issue did not happen with the UPGRADE (from 2.5 to 2.6), but with a simple UPDATE (the usual package updating because of bug fixes in Linux). I stayed on version 2.5.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

1 hour ago, Pepsican said:

To be clear, my issue did not happen with the UPGRADE (from 2.5 to 2.6), but with a simple UPDATE (the usual package updating because of bug fixes in Linux). I stayed on version 2.5.

Your uSD card was probably corrupted during the update. Unfortunately, this is always a risk (no matter how small) with any update. Are uSD cards more prone to problems? I don't know, but I wish they had used a regular SD card instead of these tiny things. A back-up image of a working card would get you up and running again while you waited for a new card from Sonore.

I am assuming that you did a power-down and restart on your mR and didn't just rely on the reboot selection from the web browser? When I did the same update as you on my ultraRendu, the reboot did not work and I had to pull the plug and restart to get my unit working again.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

I upgraded 2.5 to 2.6 for my microRendu over the web interface. All seemed to go well, except my Win7/64 does not pick  up the mR on the LAN any more. The web GUI sees it without issue. Back to 2.2 and all is well! Back to 2.6 and no! Any help is very welcome.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:01 AM, Pepsican said:

Hold on. So, something breaks and I need to pay for that?!? If something goes wrong with my Naim firmware, I'm supported in trying to determine the root cause and there is a way to recover back to a working situation. I know that $20 is not much, but I already paid it once and I'd like to think there are other ways to recover from this without having to fork out.

There is no way to trouble shoot a unit that does not boot. 

On 4/17/2018 at 6:04 AM, Pepsican said:

Just know if you press update from a 2.5 unit you will get 2.6. 

On 4/17/2018 at 1:01 PM, bit01 said:

I upgraded 2.5 to 2.6 for my microRendu over the web interface. All seemed to go well, except my Win7/64 does not pick  up the mR on the LAN any more. The web GUI sees it without issue. Back to 2.2 and all is well! Back to 2.6 and no! Any help is very welcome.

Go to Settings and then from whatever output mode you are using press Save.