IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

On 13-4-2018 at 1:42 PM, R1200CL said:

Very interesting. One time it was opposite in my system. Now equal.

You may consider try Roon, but I have no idea if that will change anything in your case. And I suppose that mean to use another computer as well.

I think the Red pill, Blue pill tread address the issue about same track sounds differently locally vs streaming. I only read 3 pages of more than 80, so not sure what direction that thread is going.

I've notice you probably have a quite good system to test with, as that Kii Three has everything built in :-)

I will be very surprised if Qubuz will sound differently from Tidal.

To answer your question, I tried Qobuz and Tidal both with LMS. And the same conclusion; in my system my local files sound more detailed and less harchness. The last week I tried this comperison and everytime the same conclusion. 

It's hard to say wich is best because my trial of Tidal has ended. So a direct comparison between Tidal and Qobuz was not possible. 

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

Hi,

My mrendu currently connects to my router at 1GBit  speed. I am starting to experience connectivity problems, and would like to see if reducing the speed of the ethernet connection could solve the issue, or at least help me diagnose the problem cause. My question is thus: is it possible to force the mrendu to connect at 100mbs through a setting of some sort ? Unfortunately, my router does not allow setting the connect speed on its ethernet ports.

Any help greatly appreciated

André

21 minutes ago, André Gosselin said:

Hi,

My mrendu currently connects to my router at 1GBit  speed. I am starting to experience connectivity problems, and would like to see if reducing the speed of the ethernet connection could solve the issue, or at least help me diagnose the problem cause. My question is thus: is it possible to force the mrendu to connect at 100mbs through a setting of some sort ? Unfortunately, my router does not allow setting the connect speed on its ethernet ports.

Any help greatly appreciated

André

I am quite sure you don’t have to reduce the signal-speed to solve this problem. I guess you have an interference problem of some kind.

4 minutes ago, jos said:

I am quite sure you don’t have to reduce the signal-speed to solve this problem. I guess you have an interference problem of some kind.

Also try to reduce the datastream, so no oversampling or upsampling. Some DAC’s can’t handle to much data, or they have upsampling inside, like my Chord Qutest DAC.

Purchased ultrarendu and sonictransporter i7 1.5 months ago. Facing issues with ultrarendu one by one.

1. No sd card provided in the package. Had to understand that the sd card is required with pre installed OS. Had to send multiple mails to get it clarified. Then a sd card has been shipped to my address.

2. Received the sd card today after 1.5 months. It worked for less than 10 minutes. Again, playback stopped and ultrarendu is not shown in sonicorbiter page. Tried basic debugging steps. Nothing helps. Had to reach out to sonore again. They are asking me to send it for repair. I am from india and again had to face all the unnecessary import and export fees along with the shipping cost.

50 minutes ago, Ashok Choutry said:

2. Received the sd card today after 1.5 months. It worked for less than 10 minutes. Again, playback stopped and ultrarendu is not shown in sonicorbiter page. Tried basic debugging steps. Nothing helps. Had to reach out to sonore again. They are asking me to send it for repair. I am from india and again had to face all the unnecessary import and export fees along with the shipping cost.

I think it’s worth trying another SD card. 

I’m also thinking you probably better served continue your dialogue with Jesus on email ?

22 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I think it’s worth trying another SD card. 

I’m also thinking you probably better served continue your dialogue with Jesus on email ?

Yes, i am syncing with them separately via mail. But wanted to avoid shipping and get some suggestions from other folks in terms of debugging. Thanks

Power down the unit and remove the SD card. Reinsert the SD card making sure it clicks in and power it up again. Wait about 45 seconds and see if it shows up on your network. If that does not work...we can send you another SD card or you have send the unit to the US / UK for service.   

Looks like Roon 1.5 has MQA support.

Here is one of the features:

"We have also covered some new ground with MQA: Roon will not only be able to perform DSP on unfolded MQA content, it will do so without destroying the MQA Signalling information–meaning: it is now possible to use features like EQ, Room Correction, and Volume Leveling while still taking advantage of the rendering capabilities of your MQA DAC." 

So had a quick question on this.

So, is the Roon Endpoint is the Sonore device not able to undertake further unfolding of MQA stream beyond the 1st unfold undertaken in Roon Core?

The Sonore device is interfacing between the Roon Core and the DAC, could not it present/emulate the DAC profiles required for the further MQA decoding beyond the 24/96 capabilities for 24/192 encoded material?

It would be great if the combination of Roon 1.5 and Sonore products could provide a full MQA decide path, with only the custom DAC filters coming from the individual DAC profile of a compliant MQA DAC, a complete MQA system say with a Meridian system.

That would be sweet, and as I understood Sonore’s Press Release from earlier in the year, this is what was going to be delivered.

If not, was what was the functionality?
Does Roon 1.5 nullify that release?
and is there nothing more that Sonore can add to the MQA Playback path?

Thanks,

Simon

20 minutes ago, simon_pepper said:

So had a quick question on this.

So, is the Roon Endpoint is the Sonore device not able to undertake further unfolding of MQA stream beyond the 1st unfold undertaken in Roon Core?

The Sonore device is interfacing between the Roon Core and the DAC, could not it present/emulate the DAC profiles required for the further MQA decoding beyond the 24/96 capabilities for 24/192 encoded material?

It would be great if the combination of Roon 1.5 and Sonore products could provide a full MQA decide path, with only the custom DAC filters coming from the individual DAC profile of a compliant MQA DAC, a complete MQA system say with a Meridian system.

That would be sweet, and as I understood Sonore’s Press Release from earlier in the year, this is what was going to be delivered.

If not, was what was the functionality?
Does Roon 1.5 nullify that release?

Thanks,

Simon

What you are asking for is not allowed by MQA. Roon or Audrivana Plus is all that is needed for MQA support. These do software decoding or send MQA to the DAC for hardware decoding. The Rendu just needs to pass the data along.

1 hour ago, simon_pepper said:

By adding the UltraRendu you should expect a much better sq ?

Do you have a SonicTransporter already, and are in for the Rendu maybe?

Hi,

Earlier my ultrarendu was not detected in sonicorbiter.com page. After few days of time, when I power it on, it was detected and played music. Again the next day, when I tried to power it on, it stays in red color led. Not detected in sonicorbiter.com page. Usually, it will go to orange/green I think. I am using ultracap lps 1.2 power supply. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

My MicroRendu 1.4 fails to update to 2.6. It runs through the update process, I reboot and it stays at 2.5.

Tried several times, removed power, still the same.

Help?

PS Audio DirectStream DSD Bridge -> Classe CA-2200 - >B&W 803-D2, Nordost Tyr cabled. Synology NAS, MinimServer, BubbleDS.

49 minutes ago, xsajohn said:

Tried several times, removed power, still the same.

Have you only pressed update, or have you done according to the instructons. ?

Edit:

That was a wrong statsment. It was only relevant for the SonicTransporter. 

You should probably email Jesus, as this should work as you do without problems as long as you have the 2.5 version. 

@Ashok Choutry

Asume your LPS-1.2 is set to 7 VDC and is working correctly?

How do you switch of and on power ?

Does your switch indicatce that there is a connection ?

You may also reboot your switch and dhcp server (router).

May I suggest you leave both devices powered on when they hopefully soon will start working.

If still problems, and assuming you don’t have a power issue, I think Jesus would like to know more about your network, in order to assist you better. 

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@Ashok Choutry

Asume your LPS-1.2 is set to 7 VDC and is working correctly?

How do you switch of and on power ?

Does your switch indicatce that there is a connection ?

You may also reboot your switch and dhcp server (router).

May I suggest you leave both devices powered on when they hopefully soon will start working.

If still problems, and assuming you don’t have a power issue, I think Jesus would like to know more about your network, in order to assist you better. 

Yes. LPS 1.2 set to 7 V.

I was using the Web UI interface to shutting it down. Now, it is not detected in sonicorbiter page, I have to switch off and on the power supply.

Tried rebooting the router.

Left the devices powered on for a while - Not working.

Reached out to Jesus. Suggested for new micro sd card which I had already tried once. Will try to buy one more and see if this problem continues. If it continues, then I had to ship this item from India to US.

Thanks for your help.

Is there a problem with not completely powering down the power to the MR? I usually always completely power down. Last night I forgot and the power was going to the MR for over 14 hr's. This noon I tried to listen to some tunes and it skipped and stuttered until it wouldn't play.

Problem with getting my dac to be read by the ultrarendu - having just put my gear back together after selling the house! Prior to that worked well since purchase last year.
It’s an ifi idsd micro dac - ultrarendu & roon all good, sonicorbiter.com connects well - but no connection to dac, despite various power down & up combinations. Dac connected directly to macmini usb out works fine, but not from ultrarendu, which is recently updated: idsd just flashes green, ie no usb connection.

Setup is 
modem ethernet - netgear switch - ultrarendu - idsd dac
+ netgear switch - macmini - hd

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

On 5/11/2018 at 10:04 AM, Ashok Choutry said:

Yes. LPS 1.2 set to 7 V.

I was using the Web UI interface to shutting it down. Now, it is not detected in sonicorbiter page, I have to switch off and on the power supply.

Tried rebooting the router.

Left the devices powered on for a while - Not working.

Reached out to Jesus. Suggested for new micro sd card which I had already tried once. Will try to buy one more and see if this problem continues. If it continues, then I had to ship this item from India to US.

Thanks for your help.

Another option for service would be London. 

Hi,

I see there was a point release of SonicorbiterOS and also the Roon Ready module during the week, as they were updated within the Update process.

Is there any where describing the reason for the release, or any form of Release Notes covering the contents of the update, or Announcement that the update is available?

Thanks, Simon