IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Pick up a replacement SD card from our website.

I reluctantly ordered one, doesn't seem correct that I have to spring for new card because update process failed. And then of course my worry is that when I update the new image same will take place. Is there a way to ref ash the existing card with a new image, or edit the error causing the system not to boot

22 minutes ago, msherman said:

I reluctantly ordered one, doesn't seem correct that I have to spring for new card because update process failed. And then of course my worry is that when I update the new image same will take place. Is there a way to ref ash the existing card with a new image, or edit the error causing the system not to boot

Jesus,

Your answer to msherman really scares me, and I fully understand his worries. As an owner of one ultrarendu and two microrendus, may I simply ask this simple question:  Is it safe to upgrade now to version 2.6 from the sonicorbiter web interface, or is it better to wait ? The previous upgrade to 2.5 coud not be done through the web interface and required the purchase of an updated SD card from Sonore. Should it not be the same for 2.6, and would it not be safer for Sonore to offer this upgrade path ?

On 04/04/2018 at 9:22 PM, andyb said:

Hi, installed 2.6 last night and only had a chance to try tonight.

pleased to report that Spotify connect is better than ever but have now got an issue with  squeezelite. 

MR just crashes as soon as track is played, initially thought it was due to HD track but is the same with FLAC.

Have tried reboot but only works again after mains disconnect. 

Equipment. Chord 2qute and Vortexbox running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 0.107.20151223git1450801618 @ Mon Jan 4 17:58:53 EST 2016

MR 1.3 

Hi 

I’ve now tried connecting directly between Vortexbox and 2qute dac and have no issues.

when re inserting microrendu back into system Spotify works better than ever but when switching to squeezelite and especially when selecting higher bit rate tracks I’ve discovered it is the 2qute that is falling over. 

It seems to be something the 2qute does not like coming from the microrendu output.

please help.

7 hours ago, andyb said:

Hi 

I’ve now tried connecting directly between Vortexbox and 2qute dac and have no issues.

when re inserting microrendu back into system Spotify works better than ever but when switching to squeezelite and especially when selecting higher bit rate tracks I’ve discovered it is the 2qute that is falling over. 

It seems to be something the 2qute does not like coming from the microrendu output.

please help.

Post an image of DAC Diagnostics.

On 4/8/2018 at 1:07 PM, vortecjr said:

Post an image of DAC Diagnostics.

Hi, images attached showing a few examples. 

Then I take it up a notch and the Rendu crashes taking the Chord with it. 

If I power down dac, Rendu, and Vortex, leave for a while, power up and all comes back on line. But as soon as I go over 96k file it falls over and need to power down again. 

As soon as crash happens there is no connection to the diagnostics. 

Rendu is warm to touch but not hot. 

14FDE416-DAB2-43E0-9B43-1F8D35EBC7F4.png

3AFBF590-CEA7-4119-BEF5-79671344770D.png

00FB324D-DA59-4255-A541-D22E22969916.png

On 4/7/2018 at 6:46 PM, André Gosselin said:

Jesus,

Your answer to msherman really scares me, and I fully understand his worries. As an owner of one ultrarendu and two microrendus, may I simply ask this simple question:  Is it safe to upgrade now to version 2.6 from the sonicorbiter web interface, or is it better to wait ? The previous upgrade to 2.5 coud not be done through the web interface and required the purchase of an updated SD card from Sonore. Should it not be the same for 2.6, and would it not be safer for Sonore to offer this upgrade path ?

Its always been safe to update your unit via the web GUI. However, should something go wrong it’s not the end of the world and we can help you out. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Its always been safe to update your unit via the web GUI. However, should something go wrong it’s not the end of the world and we can help you out. 

As a real good customer (2 microrendus and one ultrarendu), my understanding is that, if the unit is still under warranty, everything has been tried to solve an update issue, and the conclusion is to have the SD card replaced, then Sonore will ship a new SD card updated to 2.6, free of charge.  Am I naive ?

23 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Shut down LMS and try streaming from Roon to the Squeezelite output mode. You have to enable SqueezeBox support in Roon Settings / Setup and also enable to the SqueezeLite output in Roon Settings / Audio. 

I think I know roughly what you’re saying but A lot of this goes over my head, I’m also not on Roon. 

Having shut down all, tried again after an hour and all worked so have left on and will try again today. 

What Im fairly sure of:

Spotify good (better sound, if that’s poss.)

LMS - squeezelite. Working/Intermittent @ 44k up-to 88k anything above mostly crash. 

When crashes, Rendu comes back and is selectable via Spotify connect but DAC not receiving output from Rendu..

I am using 9v ifi  psu, as all works from cold could it be overheating ?

Will continue testing. 

3EE74235-E232-4F56-A6E1-6A0EE9676B09.png

12 hours ago, andyb said:

I think I know roughly what you’re saying but A lot of this goes over my head, I’m also not on Roon. 

Having shut down all, tried again after an hour and all worked so have left on and will try again today. 

What Im fairly sure of:

Spotify good (better sound, if that’s poss.)

LMS - squeezelite. Working/Intermittent @ 44k up-to 88k anything above mostly crash. 

When crashes, Rendu comes back and is selectable via Spotify connect but DAC not receiving output from Rendu..

I am using 9v ifi  psu, as all works from cold could it be overheating ?

Will continue testing. 

I just tried it here on 2.6 with SqueezeLite at 176.4 and I'm not having any issues.

There is a power-on green light on the ultraRendu if you’ve got the 2.6 upgrade? 

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Hi all, I have a question about Qobuz over the ultrarendu. Well Roon is not an option so I tried the plugin with logitech media server (with squeezlite) but unfortunately it only plays mp3 output. Also when I select flac or hirez output. I have a Qobuz hifi trial for two weeks . 

What wrong here? Should be nice to play at least flac quality...  

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

1 hour ago, simonp said:

Hi all, I have a question about Qobuz over the ultrarendu. Well Roon is not an option so I tried the plugin with logitech media server (with squeezlite) but unfortunately it only plays mp3 output. Also when I select flac or hirez output. I have a Qobuz hifi trial for two weeks . 

What wrong here? Should be nice to play at least flac quality...  

In LMS go into the Settings > Advanced tab, select Qobuz in the menu, and change your preferred format from "MP3 320 kbps" to "FLAC 16/44.1". (The next option on that list, "FLAC Hi-Res", is only available with a Sublime+ subscription; the Hi-Fi tier tops out at 16/44.1.)

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

3 hours ago, left channel said:

In LMS go into the Settings > Advanced tab, select Qobuz in the menu, and change your preferred format from "MP3 320 kbps" to "FLAC 16/44.1". (The next option on that list, "FLAC Hi-Res", is only available with a Sublime+ subscription; the Hi-Fi tier tops out at 16/44.1.)

This seems right to me as well. 

8 hours ago, simonp said:

I have a Qobuz hifi trial for two weeks . 

Where are you located?  Did you sign up for the Qobuz trial from a country (or VPN server) where Qobuz operates?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's