IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

20 minutes ago, rhanson739 said:

This should be an easy one:

I just successfully installed a new opticalRendu in my system, replacing an ultraRendu. The ultraRendu is powered down and off the rack.

MySonicOrbiter reports both devices. I'd like to remove the ultraRendu from the list, but when I click Manage, of course it cannot find the device.

Is there a way to remove the ultra from MSO without hooking it back up, or do I need to make it accessible to the network and then Manage > Remove it?

Just a guess: have you tried rebooting your router since you disconnected the uR? Routers will sometimes continue to show a device as conneted, even when it isn't. If that's the problem, a reboot of the router should solve it. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

38 minutes ago, rhanson739 said:

This should be an easy one:

You can, (and should) assign a fixed IP address to your Rendu from your router. 

I never had this issue you’re reporting, but then again I always use the same IP every time I upgraded. 

I would expect if you use a different browser, or cleared your browser, you probably have the issue vanish.

I also agree with firedog. 

Well, I rebooted the modem and router, to no avail. The old uRendu still shows up in MSO.

I'll shut everything down tomorrow and try again. Also will try to assign an IP to the oR.

It doesn't look like there's a function to hook the uR back up and say, "remove this device". 

At the end of the day, it's not a big deal.  Just this:

200369018_ScreenShot2020-07-16at4_01_32PM.png.f8ee4b7b61cbb49ecdbbb23fd42eba73.png

• 4 weeks later...

I am ready to give up on my microrendu 1.4.  It continually drops out of my network and I have to unplug and plug it back in.  And then it drops out again at varying times.  At the moment I can't get any of my control points to connect.  This has been happening since I installed 2.8.  I would like to send it in for service.  Can I get a RMA?

Thanks.

Jim

1 hour ago, JHG said:

I am ready to give up on my microrendu 1.4.  It continually drops out of my network and I have to unplug and plug it back in.  And then it drops out again at varying times.  At the moment I can't get any of my control points to connect.  This has been happening since I installed 2.8.  I would like to send it in for service.  Can I get a RMA?

Thanks.

Jim

For the most part Sonore has moved all of their support over to their new forum.

Might want to post something over there.

1 hour ago, JHG said:

Thanks.

Jim

I have had issues with 2.8. I had no problems with 2.7. One issue was solved simply by pressing Update (even though it’s already theoretically updated). Mine seems stable now but every time I make any network changes, I can’t communicate with the Rendu. If your issue is solved please report back. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

1 hour ago, Ultrarunner said:

I have had issues with 2.8. I had no problems with 2.7. One issue was solved simply by pressing Update (even though it’s already theoretically updated). Mine seems stable now but every time I make any network changes, I can’t communicate with the Rendu. If your issue is solved please report back. 

I am unable to connect to the mR even after power cycling. Looks like it needs to go back to Sonore.  Going to start looking for an alternative to Sonore...

17 hours ago, JHG said:

I am unable to connect to the mR even after power cycling. Looks like it needs to go back to Sonore.  Going to start looking for an alternative to Sonore...

Does the lights shows correctly ?

You may need a new card. What happens when 2.7 goes back in ?

I assume you can’t access it’s web interface ?

Sorry, looks like I spoke too soon. The problem was the LPS 1.2 (even though the LPS light was green) not the mR.  The mR went cold so I tried an iFi PS which seems to have fixed the problem.  I have contacted Alex.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 7/2/2019 at 6:38 AM, vortecjr said:

We can try something simple. 1. Power cycle the DAC and Rendu. 2. Shut down Roon. 3. Go to Settings / SqueezeLite and for Sample Rate select "32" from the drop down menu and press Save. 4. From LMS select the unit for as the output device and play something. 5. If no sound, of go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and post an image. This page needs to be refreshed to get updated data from it.   

Same problem here Jesus. ‘32’ is a magic number. It is working now! 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

I tried to register and post this on the Sonore forum but I cannot find the POST button once I logged in. So I am asking this question here.

I have a new DAC with USB C input. It is the Matrix Mini-i 3 Pro. It is not ROON Certified yet (soon) so I wanted to try and use my microRendu with a USB C cable. It seems the old microRendu does not support USB C. Is there any way to connect to his DAC with my existing microRendu.

Version: 2.7
Model: microRendu

8 minutes ago, yyz said:

I tried to register and post this on the Sonore forum but I cannot find the POST button once I logged in. So I am asking this question here.

I have a new DAC with USB C input. It is the Matrix Mini-i 3 Pro. It is not ROON Certified yet (soon) so I wanted to try and use my microRendu with a USB C cable. It seems the old microRendu does not support USB C. Is there any way to connect to his DAC with my existing microRendu.

Version: 2.7
Model: microRendu

Perhaps a USB A to USB C cable or adaptor? Not sure if there are any 'audiophile' ones but plenty of inexpensive ones on Amazon. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

That USB-C to USB-A cable worked like a charm with the microsrRendu

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I would expect you get better sound adding an EtherRegen or an opticalModule upfront the DAC’s own network interface. Looks like a nice DAC. 

I am keeping this DAC system simple. It has a few connectivity options, such as Wifi, Ethernet, ApplePlay2, and others. I want a little bit of portability with this DAC within different rooms of the house. I will have it connected with a Topping A90 headphone amp. Just 2 pieces + my Meze Empy headphone.

My frame of reference is the incredible Benchmark HPA4 preamp/headphone amp and the Benchmark DAC3B. For a headphone only setup (no preamp needed) the A90 and Matrix are amazing (combined cost is $1400 MSRP, I paid a little under $1200).  It sounds almost like the Benchmark pair, just amazing what audio gear you can get for low $$ these days.

The Matrix connected to my microRendu in the office system (likely burning in) sounds like my DAC3B. Just love this little DAC.

@yyz That Matrix DAC looks great. I have a spare mR 1.4 just using Bridge to my Naim UQ in the office - might have to consider doing a bit of shuffling/upgrade. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

It also sounds very good. I have been listening for most of the day streaming via the microRendu. I am very happy with the quality of this DAC. I just need ROON Certification to get completed. The Matrix guy on ASR says that is imminent. All their other DAC's are ROON READY.

When ROON Certification happens I will connect direct either Wifi or most likely RJ45.

@yyz Funny, I was just going to ask why not stream directly but you just answered it! 

@yyz Curious why you also go to the Topping for headphones and not use the headphone amp on the Matrix? Also wondering if it can act as a preamp out to an amp for speakers? 

The Matrix can act as a preamp. I only use 4 pin XLR for headphones, A WyWire Platinum for my Meze Empy. The Topping A90 is also supposed to be much better headphone wise than the Matrix, almost Benchmark HPA4 level. I have been burning in the A90 with about 100 hours now. I need to stop that today. I have a tuner hooked up to it now and I will move the Matrrx to it once I get ROON READY. Until then I will listen to the Matrix on my office system.

Take a look at this web site for reviews on the gear I got. I like this site because the reviewer, Sandu,  raves about the Benchmark HPA4. I also think it is the best component I ever bought so I give this reviewers opinion much consideration. His reviews on the Topping A90 and Matrix Mini-i 3 Pro seem right on the money.

https://soundnews.net/

I sold my Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp because it was a little noisy and gave me fatigue for about $1100. On Black Friday I got the Topping A90 and Matrix for that $1100. I think the $424 Topping A90  sounds better than the $2K Bryston BHA-1 so I am very happy. The feature set was what attracted me to the Matrix DAC but the sound I am hearing is great. My bedroom headphone system will be rocking.