IGNORED

Double Blind Testing Prices All Power Cords Have An Effect On Audio!!!!!

25 minutes ago, sandyk said:

It has NOTHING whatsoever to do with our "individual" universes.  That is complete and utter fanciful bullshit.

Actually, we are treating it as a funny, but it is also a very serious thing Alex. People live in their own self-contained reality, and interact with other people only so far as their "realities" interact. The constant struggle is to understand what someone else sees, or in this case, hears. Doesn't mean it isn't real, but - well - think of explaining purple to a blind person. It isn't impossible, you can exactly and precisely describe the wavelength range that denotes purple. Even a specific shade of purple. But do you think that the blind person actually sees purple the way a sighted person will? The answer is obviously no, and it is not a "strike against" the blind person either. It just *is*. What that blind person hears will forever be a mystery to you and I, since most blind people enjoy a rich auditory environment that is nigh on impossible to describe to us. 

Or the old classic, what makes you think that what I see as purple is the same thing as you see as purple?  My wife and I certainly see purple a bit differently. But then, she can pretty much name every shade of ever color detectable by the human eyeball. Instantly, and without detectable effort. Me?  I struggle with Purple or Pink. 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

39 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

That’s where our universes diverge, Alex. In mine, digital file download is exactly equivalent to physical media transfer of the same file, as long as the bits in the result are the same. No ifs ands or buts. Apparently that’s not true in yours. Thankfully, that is all explained by the quantum mechanics experiment I linked earlier :)

Diverging Universes, is as I said previously, fanciful BS/Science Fiction , that is no more able to be conclusively confirmed than the existence of a Supreme being and life after death . (No, I am not an Atheist )

I have way better things to do than further respond to your dogmatic claims, when it is so damn easy for me to prove they are incorrect

by way of direct demonstrations as I did previously for 2 qualified local E.E.s .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

3 hours ago, Allan F said:

And, of course, you reject out of hand the possibility that what you "ignore as a figment of my imagination" is, in fact, real. Your bias, IMO, stems from the assumption that any audible differences that can be heard must necessarily be measurable with current knowledge, technology and techniques.

It’s not an assumption. It’s really quite simple. There is no way that something like a coaxial interconnect, for instance, can affect an audio signal, as low a frequency that it is without affecting signals - some of which could be life and death critical at higher frequencies. In which case they would have been studied and the reason for the anomalies would have long sense been found and either corrected or compensated for. That’s only common sense. 

George

57 minutes ago, Paul R said:

People live in their own self-contained reality

Reality, YES, separate UNIVERSES, NO !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

41 minutes ago, mansr said:

doghouse_color_wheel_altered.png.feff08fa57ece0d04cabf2b0967143e5.png

As a lifelong misogynist, I’d say that somebody has hit the nail squarely on the head!

As a wise man once stated: “If they didn’t have p*******, we would hunt them down and kill them!” Fortunately for them and us guys, they do.

George

1 minute ago, gmgraves said:

It’s not an assumption. It’s really quite simple. There is no way that something like a coaxial interconnect, for instance, can affect an audio signal, as low a frequency that it is without affecting signals - some of which could be life and death critical at higher frequencies. In which case they would have been studied and the reason for the anomalies would have long sense been found and either corrected or compensated for. That’s only common sense. 

That may be your personal reality George, but it isn't the personal reality of many other people.

These days the equipment is usually way more revealing than back then.

You only need to look at many older TV series compared with recent TV  series , or look at Music DVDs from the 80s and 90s compared even with modern .mp4 LOW Bit Rate YouTube videos

55 minutes ago, mansr said:

doghouse_color_wheel_altered.png.feff08fa57ece0d04cabf2b0967143e5.png

I don't see your colour names on the list for guys.

Where are Black and White ? :D 

31 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

A classical case of the the logical fallacy that is correctly called 'begging the question'. You assume as a given the point that is in issue.  IMO, "what would have been" is hardly the basis for defining what is common sense. By that reasoning, for a very long time it was common sense that the sun revolved around the earth. That is, until Copernicus came along. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I don't see your colour names on the list for guys.

Where are Black and White ? :D 

Black and White are not colors.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

Black and White are not colors.

Tell that to Mansr. as that is all that he appears to see, just like yourself .

They are the Binary equivalent of turning an electric light on and off in the darkness . :D

7 minutes ago, Allan F said:

A classical case of the the logical fallacy that is correctly called 'begging the question'. You assume as a given the point that is in issue.  IMO, it is not common sense to rely on "what would have been". By that reasoning, for a very long time it was common sense that the sun revolved around the earth. That is, until Copernicus came along. :)

It is not a logical fallacy. My point is that if such an anomaly in conductors were found in mission critical applications, that anomaly would have been studied. That it hasn't (as far as I know), says that this anomaly has not been noticed and that there have been no incidents (that I know of, and I've searched extensively) that would bring such a an anomaly to light in the mainstream technological world.

George

1 minute ago, gmgraves said:

it is naive (or arrogant) in the extreme to believe that some "unknown anomalies" would only affect a lowly audio signal and not affect anything in MegaHertz range and therefor possibly pose a potential danger in critical systems

George

My BR comparison discs show that some "unknown anomaly" does just that .

This anomaly affects both Digital Audio and Video.

Alex

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

George

Alex

I like the way you and Alan F ignored the bulk of my post outlining the experiment which showed that there is absolutely no difference between the mains transmitted through a garden-variety IEC cable and an expensive Furutech DPS-4.1 cable. I wasn't discussing interconnects or USB cables, just these nonsense boutique mains cables.

George

10 minutes ago, sandyk said:

George

Alex

Interesting, but irrelevant. We are talking about  boutique mains cables. I know nothing about anomalies in digital audio and can't comment on them,  and I couldn't care less about video. So,  I have no beef with you on those accounts.

George

4 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

I like the way you and Alan F ignored the bulk of my post outlining the experiment which showed that there is absolutely no difference between the mains transmitted through a garden-variety IEC cable and an expensive Furutech DPS-4.1 cable. I wasn't discussing interconnects or USB cables, just these nonsense boutique mains cables.

George

We will both undoubtedly keep ignoring them as there is nothing in them that we haven't seen from you before, and disagreed with too.

I repeat that it was being unfair to test them using a low current device such as a headphone amplifier, instead of the much higher current devices they are designed to work with .

Alexi

12 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

I like the way you and Alan F ignored the bulk of my post...

Can you at least try to spell my name correctly, Gorge. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

George

We will both undoubtedly keep ignoring them as there is nothing in them that we haven't seen from you before, and disagreed with too.

I repeat that it was being unfair to test them using a low current device such as a headphone amplifier, instead of the much higher current devices they are designed to work with .

Alexi

Well, denial isn’t just a river in Africa, as they say. Unless the power amp in question is pulling close to the rated mains maximum, the size of the amp is irrelevant. No noise on the line (and no RFI) means no noise or RFI on the line. So there is nothing for the boutique mains cable to do, assuming that at its short length, it can do anything (which is a huge assumption). So your retort about the headphone amp being “a low current device” has no meaning in this context.

George