IGNORED

Double Blind Testing Prices All Power Cords Have An Effect On Audio!!!!!

some reading... both articles are relevant and the second follows up on the first.

https://www.edn.com/design/consumer/4419643/Select-your-USB-audio-MCU-with-care--Scary-stories-from-the-test-bench

https://www.edn.com/design/consumer/4424103/USB-audio--Asynchronous-is-the-only-choice-for-compromise-free-audio-

I have some further comments on USB implementations on a wide variety of designs, but going shopping with the Missus now!!!!

On 4/26/2019 at 8:15 AM, Allan F said:

When will people like you and mansr get it? We don't post to prove anything to you. We share experiences with others who may be interested in them. Audio is a hobby to us, not a scientific journal. People are free to consider or ignore our experiences as they see fit.

Why argue then? 

@marce has his own personal experience as well as a vast body of work corroborated by the personal observations of many thousands if not millions of people for well over a century now. 

You are free and should be free free to post your personal observations but why argue?

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

3 hours ago, Allan F said:

Maybe you consider it arguing. I don't. Rather, it is a statement to objectivists like him that we who share our experiences neither need nor appreciate the continual snide remarks and demands for proof. As to @marce 's experience, it would make no difference if he was the co-author of Ohm's law. He has only two ears, the same as you and me. :)

I agree completely.  There is no way science and engineering can match your experiences

4 hours ago, Allan F said:

Maybe you consider it arguing. I don't. Rather, it is a statement to objectivists like him that we who share our experiences neither need nor appreciate the continual snide remarks and demands for proof. As to @marce 's experience, it would make no difference if he was the co-author of Ohm's law. He has only two ears, the same as you and me. :)

Surely as a retired lawyer you must know how unreliable earwitness testimony can be...

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I agree completely.  There is no way science and engineering can match your experiences

Especially in quite a few areas such as taste, where you appear to be lacking, and smell where a human being is able to identify numerous types of odours.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

2 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

I’m going to have to upgrade the power cord and the fuse, at the very least.

Don't forget the IEC mains socket too. :D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

23 minutes ago, Allan F said:

While I am fully aware of the frailties of eyewitness testimony, most especially with regard to identification, I fail to see any parallel with focused, repeated and consistent audible observations. Far rarer "earwitness" testimony, usually related to voice identification, also has no parallels IMO as it is not based on observations made under similar conditions. One factor affecting voice identification is that the observation is often made while attention is divided between face and voice, thus reducing the reliability of both.

if you were to bother learning a bit about cognitive psychology, you would see the parallel 

4 minutes ago, Paul R said:

As joke, it is funny. As an absolute truth, it does not deserve a hearing.  :() 

-Paul 

Care to elaborate?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

What the SQ that I talk of features are very clearcut auditory behaviours - these are completely independent of mood, expectation bias, alcohol levels, etc, etc. They occurred 35 years ago, and they still occur now, when a rig is in sufficient tune - one is that it becomes impossible to locate the speaker drivers, that is, if a curtain were lowered directly in front of the baffles, and you were allowed to go anywhere right up to the curtain, you would not be able to point to the drivers' location; and another is that a mono recording follows one laterally across the room - this could easily be tested using strict experimental procedures, taking it completely out of the handwaving arena.