IGNORED

Double Blind Testing Prices All Power Cords Have An Effect On Audio!!!!!

1 minute ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

If there was noticeable variance between source files and destination files while copying, this would have been seen in other industries.  I would have a very hard time believing this is isolated SOLELY to video and audio.  Court and other legal docs could not be trusted, financial transactions would be invalid, it would be chaos.  That's not bias but evidence.

You are of course, quite correct. 

George

1 minute ago, Allan F said:

To the many who have heard the clearly and repeatedly identifiable audible differences that power cables can make, your denials are completely meaningless.

I wouldn’t call something that is not quantifiable or even measurable and is in the middle of a circuit that has weak links on either end of it, (the mains wiring in the wall, and the tiny wires going from the IEC connector inside the audio component, not to mention the tiny fuse conductor in the line between the mains input and the primary of the transformer) meaningless. Only neurotic audiophiles would ignore the reality of the facts, and continue to insist that their imaginations are telling them the truth.

George

5 minutes ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

If there was noticeable variance between source files and destination files while copying, this would have been seen in other industries.  I would have a very hard time believing this is isolated SOLELY to video and audio.  Court and other legal docs could not be trusted, financial transactions would be invalid, it would be chaos.  That's not bias just evidence.

Yeah, planes would fall out of the sky, and cars pile up at traffic lights too. What a load of crap from you  that I have heard on numerous times already.

All that I am saying is that checksums are not always able to reveal small audible and visual differences between files, and the same applies to digital photographs too unless the software such as Photoshop has a reference and self calibrates.(it does)

Audio has no reference to calibrate to with playback.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

32 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

ostrich head in sand.gif

Where did you have your photo taken, near Area 51 perhaps ?

I am not surprised that your neck is that long, and probably coloured red too.:D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 minute ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

How can you prove it?

I already have, with the results of 6 separate correctly performed DBTs performed by a well qualified E.E. , with the  findings published in Hi Fi Critic Vol.6 No.1

The attached is from the 6th separate session as posted in HFC forum.

I will not be replying further to you on this subject, unless via a PM.

HFC - 6th Session.jpg

39 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Well, denial isn’t just a river in Africa, as they say. Unless the power amp in question is pulling close to the rated mains maximum, the size of the amp is irrelevant. No noise on the line (and no RFI) means no noise or RFI on the line. So there is nothing for the boutique mains cable to do, assuming that at its short length, it can do anything (which is a huge assumption). So your retort about the headphone amp being “a low current device” has no meaning in this context.

I am surprised that you of all people are unable to see how unfair that test is.

It certainly would not be accepted by the cable manufacturer either.

Note that I am NOT saying that there are any audible differences, just that your test methodology is flawed

Reading comprehension.

I asked you to prove how what you wrote to me is what I read and I'm still waiting.  I've asked how other industries never see this, and was told i'm spewing crap.

Please lose the hostility.  It is pointless and immature.

I am stating facts being backed up by others.  I'm sorry that bothers you so much.

29 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

There is no way to prove anybody or anything ever exist outside the subject's mind. 

Post #162 says otherwise. Unless of course you believe that the DBTs demanded by most E.E.s are a useless tool, and that 6 separate  sessions, all positive, and not all having the same participants, with 8 repeats in each session are statistically worthless  !

This is MANY more than with the Mani and Mansr session , where many members believe that Mani DID hear differences.

BTW, this thread IS about Double Blind Testing, so my replies are not off topic

5 hours ago, sandyk said:

Reality, YES, separate UNIVERSES, NO !

LOL!  Relax Alex, if there is a multi-verse out there, there are certainly ones where you win this argument every time. Better a multiverse than blasted Branes I think.  The math is more elegant. :)

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

1 hour ago, Paul R said:

there are certainly ones where you win this argument every time.

Paul

I may not be winning this argument anywhere near every time, but I sure as hell have a great deal more of member support than I did originally 10 years ago ¬¬

You can see many members now think ( and experiment ) for themselves, instead of blindly accepting everything the "Experts" insist is correct.  This is way more obvious in areas other than the General Forum area. 

Even Ralf11 has conceded that I have made quite a few worthwhile contributions in the important Power Supply area, as well as the Analogue area.

Alex

3 hours ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

I took a class in college called Light and Vision that explored this concept in full.

I understand. You have an idea you took the class. The moment this idea will vanish from you mind you will not know you took this class. If you stop knowing it will not be relevant anymore, did you or didn't you ever attend such a class.

3 hours ago, sandyk said:

Post #162 says otherwise. Unless of course you believe that the DBTs demanded by most E.E.s are a useless tool, and that 6 separate  sessions, all positive, and not all having the same participants, with 8 repeats in each session are statistically worthless  !

This is MANY more than with the Mani and Mansr session , where many members believe that Mani DID hear differences.

BTW, this thread IS about Double Blind Testing, so my replies are not off topic

It is not difficult at all. I could imagine someone imagined he/she was present at certain sessions.

14 minutes ago, marce said:

Pure hearsay, no data to back it up...

Different cable shielding methods can affect RF pickup/radiation? Maybe this RF interference can affect nearby analogue electronics?

I'm not making a claim but just asking about potential technical mechanism for cables sounding different?

Different doesn't always mean objectively better of course...