IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

On 6/11/2019 at 10:40 PM, Andrey said:

After a period of no problems. I have 2 drives today on Manual that cannot set on AUTO. 

Did you see the first message?

And the second?

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

3 hours ago, damien78 said:

Thank you for all the reports on memory consumption in the recent versions.

This is now fixed in the just released 3.5.12

And BTW, 3.5.12 brings the updates for complete compatibility with upcoming macOS 10.15 Catalina :)

Apple Music app library synchronisation, drag and drop of tracks/albums, and even the legacy iTunesMusic integrated mode works !

You'll continue to enjoy your great music!

Damien

I’ve been having an odd quirk with Tidal and the A+ remote.  If I have a Tidal playlist set on shuffle, and its playing along, but I see a song several songs ahead on the remote’s rendition of the playlist, and I tap that song in order to play it, A+ plays some random song instead.  It doesn’t play the song I tapped to play.  If I go to my Mac, all works like normal, so its just a remote quirk.

Hi, I am new here but actually a long-time reader of audiophilestyle (computer audiophile) and also longtime user of audirvana (since its  first commercial product).

I just migrated to ver. 3.5  (now 3.5.12) and notice that in this new version I can export playlist but cannot import playlist... I would like to know if any of the other users experience the same problem or just me... Sorry if this issue is already mentioned before and I miss to read it...

Regards,

BG

On 6/12/2019 at 9:18 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

i can import all my playlists at once in Audirvana... File Menu... Import Playlists

or by clicking the + sign right of playlist name in the left menu bar of Audirvana window...

if they were in folders like mine, to this day, you have to recreate the folders but all the playlists will be listed one under the other...

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 21.14.03.png

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

16 hours ago, Betty said:

I just migrated to ver. 3.5  (now 3.5.12) and notice that in this new version I can export playlist but cannot import playlist... I would like to know if any of the other users experience the same problem or just me

All my Smart Playlists imported correctly, but my one and only regular (dumb?) Playlist did not. I tried that one by itself a number of times, with no success. No error message, just nothing happened at all.

That was with an early version of 3.5, but I just now tried again with 3.5.12 and Audirvana still doesn't import it's own exported playlist.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:40 PM, Andrey said:

it was offline? But the music was playing.

In earlier versions (earlier than 3.2, I think) I frequently had my sync folders disappear from the list in Preferences, but the music was always available to play. For me this hasn't happened in 3.5

I suspect that Audirvana is using a MAC address or some other computer ID for the actual functionality of playing, searching, displaying lists and covers and so forth. It's only the display in the Preferences panel (where you add or delete discs/folders) that is wonky, and probably confused by multiple discs with the same name.

2 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

All my Smart Playlists imported correctly, but my one and only regular (dumb?) Playlist did not. I tried that one by itself a number of times, with no success. No error message, just nothing happened at all.

That was with an early version of 3.5, but I just now tried again with 3.5.12 and Audirvana still doesn't import it's own exported playlist.

I have experimented to export a test playlist in 3.5.13, it can create playlist m3u file. Then I delete the test playlist and try to import the created m3u file, however it cannot import and just doesn't do anything.

Furthermore, I tried to import the same m3u file in the previous audirvana plus (before 3.5) and it can successfully import the test playlist. So my problem is only with 3.5 (3.5.12).

23 hours ago, Betty said:

Hi, I am new here but actually a long-time reader of audiophilestyle (computer audiophile) and also longtime user of audirvana (since its  first commercial product).

I just migrated to ver. 3.5  (now 3.5.12) and notice that in this new version I can export playlist but cannot import playlist... I would like to know if any of the other users experience the same problem or just me... Sorry if this issue is already mentioned before and I miss to read it...

Regards,

BG

Did you have a playlist selected when you tried to export? I am also on 3.5.12 and "Export Playlist" is grayed out when no play lists are selected, but was available when I selected a playlist. The import also worked just fine for me.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 6.26.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 6.30.29 PM.png

No electron left behind.

38 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Did you have a playlist selected when you tried to export? I am also on 3.5.12 and "Export Playlist" is grayed out when no play lists are selected, but was available when I selected a playlist. The import also worked just fine for me.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 6.26.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 6.30.29 PM.png

Hi, yes I did export successfully under 3.5.12. but couldn't import.

When I try to import, after selecting the m3u file and click open to import, it just closed the import screen and did nothing.

I have tried importing the same m3u file with audirvana plus (last version before 3.5) and it worked just fine.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:09 AM, Betty said:

.... I can export playlist but cannot import playlist... I would like to know if any of the other users experience the same problem or just me... 

Regards,

BG

I have had similar issues - I think with all 3.5x versions. Some smart playlists import, whilst others don’t. Some were saved as m3u and others m3u8 - but some of each import, whilst others don’t. Even new smart playlists that I create in 3.5.12 are not importing. 

Due to an increasing number of duplicates, I have just created a new library file. I am able to import a little under half of all my playlists. (I have about ~50-odd, grouped into about 8 folders... some with extensive criteria.) 

3.5.12 was initially crashing repeatedly upon waking up. Perhaps my old library was corrupted (I had used all the maintenance tools). Fingers crossed with the new library. (I’ll send crash reports if that doesn’t fix it). 

Thanks for the updates Damien. I can’t wait for updates to the IOS remote 🙂

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

3 hours ago, odelay said:

I have had similar issues - I think with all 3.5x versions. Some smart playlists import, whilst others don’t. Some were saved as m3u and others m3u8 - but some of each import, whilst others don’t. Even new smart playlists that I create in 3.5.12 are not importing. 

Due to an increasing number of duplicates, I have just created a new library file. I am able to import a little under half of all my playlists. (I have about ~50-odd, grouped into about 8 folders... some with extensive criteria.) 

3.5.12 was initially crashing repeatedly upon waking up. Perhaps my old library was corrupted (I had used all the maintenance tools). Fingers crossed with the new library. (I’ll send crash reports if that doesn’t fix it). 

Thanks for the updates Damien. I can’t wait for updates to the IOS remote 🙂

I too have recently been playing with a new library on my primary setup seeking to correct issues.  As things stand, no duplicate files (primary reason for this); no deleted tracks listed (an added bonus); no playlists - expected.  As previously mentioned when I started this process I created a new playlist; added all my music to it; exported it; deleted then sought to import it using the two options. No errors; no playlist; nadah. 

I tried a couple more things with my new and existing playlist exports.  Seeking to import them using 3.2.16 yields that several thousand files cannot be found but no details.  I found that VLC allows the import of .M3U8 files.  The growing list of errors shows a list of files:

which end up being false positives:

Prior to writing this I deleted my preferences from Terminal Damien and others recommended.  I have a way back that I can live with without too much bother.  Just looking for a way forward with all good things above - no duplicates, etc. with my playlists intact. 

9460192D-CB01-4BF9-B6D6-7CAF80181ED9.jpeg

D7E713F1-9E32-47F2-95FC-B1EEF14FC9FE.jpeg

86F3F338-4517-4857-9C93-9D7D72C006A5.jpeg

On 5/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, Giacomino said:

It also happens to me that after a few tracks it stops 8 seconds from the end and I have to manually advance the next track.

This still happens quite often to me, as well. Today it happened a few times while streaming. Both with short (20 sec) and long (9 min) tracks.  I'll try and find out if it also happens with local files. I'm on version 3.5.11

The biggest bug for me is still present and it this a dangerous one for speaker tweeters and an  annoying one...

When any PCM song is playing and i click to change the song to any DSD one i have, a loud switching sound burst for a fraction if a second. This sound can damage for sure tweeters if i listen very loud. It does not do that with JRiver nor HQPlayer. It is repeatable always... there must be something Audirvana is not doing with that transition from PCM to DSD while playing ?

I play my song as regular as they are, no plugins, no upsampling... it just do that with Audirvana, it was happening also in 3.2.x version but i can’t remember when it switch doing that, was not happening in older version i think.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

The biggest bug for me is still present and it this a dangerous one for speaker tweeters and an  annoying one...

When any PCM song is playing and i click to change the song to any DSD one i have, a loud switching sound burst for a fraction if a second. This sound can damage for sure tweeters if i listen very loud. It does not do that with JRiver nor HQPlayer. It is repeatable always... there must be something Audirvana is not doing with that transition from PCM to DSD while playing ?

I play my song as regular as they are, no plugins, no upsampling... it just do that with Audirvana, it was happening also in 3.2.x version but i can’t remember when it switch doing that, was not happening in older version i think.

I gather you have Mute During Sample Rate Change under Low Level Playback Options enabled?

On 6/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, Betty said:

Regards,

BG

Hi.

Just doing some experimenting with playlists.  I can save new playlists and then import these back into Audirvana.  However if a track has any accented or special characters (e.g., Caisleán Óir, Dúlamán, ä, ö, é, etc.) in the name the track will not import.

Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.12 (3542)
macOS 10.14.5

MacBook Pro (w/Audirvana) > ifi micro iUSB3.0 > Chord Qutest > Violectric HPA V280 > Ether C Flow 1.1 

8 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I am also experiencing this bug. My primary configuration uses Audirvana 3.5.12, running on a MacBook Pro (Retina 15", late 2013), with OS X 10.14.5.  The MacBook Pro connects to the USB DAC port of an Oppo UDP-205, with its analog stereo outputs directly driving a power amp and speakers. When I change from a PCM to a DSD song, the Oppo produces a large positive going pulse on the analog outputs, strong enough to trigger the speaker protection relay in my power amp.  Changing from a DSD to PCM song generates a negative going pulse of the same size.

Here's where it gets complicated. If I replace the MacBook Pro with an iMac running OS X 10.12.6 and the same version of Audirvana, same USB connection, everything else the same... then I don't get the killer pulses.

More information: I have run earlier versions of Audirvana on the MacBook Pro which did not produce the pulses.  In the past, this MacBook Pro has been configured with the "Direct Mode" hack and the El Capitan KEXT. For a while it ran great, with no killer pulses,  I think the pulses started when I updated to Audirvana 3.5.  After the last OS X update, I did not bother to run the hack again, so it is currently using the correct KEXT for 10.14.5, and still making the pulses.  The iMac, which does not pulse, has never had the hack done.  So here's a potentially important question: has anyone experienced the killer pulses on a Mac that has NOT had the "Direct Mode" hack?  Is it possible that this hack is a cause of the problem?

10 hours ago, Serpieri said:

I gather you have Mute During Sample Rate Change under Low Level Playback Options enabled?

Yes tried everything

3 hours ago, couchfungus said:

I am also experiencing this bug. My primary configuration uses Audirvana 3.5.12, running on a MacBook Pro (Retina 15", late 2013), with OS X 10.14.5.  The MacBook Pro connects to the USB DAC port of an Oppo UDP-205, with its analog stereo outputs directly driving a power amp and speakers. When I change from a PCM to a DSD song, the Oppo produces a large positive going pulse on the analog outputs, strong enough to trigger the speaker protection relay in my power amp.  Changing from a DSD to PCM song generates a negative going pulse of the same size.

Here's where it gets complicated. If I replace the MacBook Pro with an iMac running OS X 10.12.6 and the same version of Audirvana, same USB connection, everything else the same... then I don't get the killer pulses.

More information: I have run earlier versions of Audirvana on the MacBook Pro which did not produce the pulses.  In the past, this MacBook Pro has been configured with the "Direct Mode" hack and the El Capitan KEXT. For a while it ran great, with no killer pulses,  I think the pulses started when I updated to Audirvana 3.5.  After the last OS X update, I did not bother to run the hack again, so it is currently using the correct KEXT for 10.14.5, and still making the pulses.  The iMac, which does not pulse, has never had the hack done.  So here's a potentially important question: has anyone experienced the killer pulses on a Mac that has NOT had the "Direct Mode" hack?  Is it possible that this hack is a cause of the problem?

Hack or no hack it does it for me, not in jriver or hqplayer...

18 minutes ago, CoolHand said:

To prevent glitches during sample rate changes (which occur irrespective of Mute During Sample Rate Change setting), do not activate Integer Mode.

I don't see a Preferences selection for Integer Mode in Audirvana 3.5. Am I missing something?

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

7 hours ago, Musicophile said:

...I believe you are working on an update of the iOS remote app. Can you give us a sneak peak of any new features/changes coming?...

+1

iOS Remote is my only interface to Audirvana 3.5. As a classical music listener, I would love to read the full track titles in my Play Queue (Left side of app). Dynamic font sizes, that change as needed would be a welcome feature. I got used to this feature with the Lumin app and sorely miss it.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.