IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Your problem is they are formatted as ExFat...  

If you have a backup, and at this point its a huge IF...

then what you need to do is open disk utility and reformat the entire drive as APFS, NAME THEM SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER, then copy your music back to them and then erase the current drives from Audirvana and add in the newly formatted drives. Voila, zero problems...

But then you can't blame Apple and Damien so you probably shouldn't do that.

And lose the ability to connect them to a laptop with Windows.

Good idea.👍

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

36 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

So you acknowledge that the problem isn't with Apple and Audirvana? You were here just to complain about your own inability to come up with a better solution?

Answer the question:

I gave you directions on how to fix your problem.

I solved my problem yesterday. Without your "advice".

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

I am on the verge of starting my Audirvana Library from scratch.  I have long since broken the connection to iTunes and been an A+ library user since this option became available.  I am a big playlist user - the primary source of my Play Queue.  I just did a quick test of creating a test playlist; copied my entire library over into it; exported the playlist; deleted the playlist from the Playlists section; sought to do an import of the exported playlist and received nothing.  No errors of an kind and, even after closing out of  Audirvana and opening it again nothing.

The content of my library is once again without days (9) of duplicate/ghost tracks.  If I could only import my playlists without having to re-create them from scratch, as I was about to do before this failed test.  Any ideas/suggestions to move forward?

3 hours ago, Andrey said:

Send claims to Timothy Cook and Satya Nadella, as Finder and Explorer can't rename Samsung SSD drives.😀

You may well be able to in the Disk Utility in MacOS and the Disk Management utility in Windows, which are their utilities for managing disks. So I think Satya and Tim are safe.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Another possibility with two drives and two computers: Use one with MacOS and one with Windows.

I sync the music folders on the two drives. I've used ChronoSync on Mac and rsync on Linux for this purpose, but there are plenty of other apps available that can do it.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

33 minutes ago, Jud said:

You may well be able to in the Disk Utility in MacOS and the Disk Management utility

It is possible, no more than 11 characters.

For MS-DOS (FAT) and ExFAT volumes, the name must be eleven characters or less.

Audirvana named the second disc Samsung_T5 1, can therefore after reset in the name of a disk there was a sign (?) and it was offline? But the music was playing.

263819132_2019-06-0916_35_57.png.b03cab57073a91be1d5d016e6b3a111f.png

Just give the disks different names, each eleven letters or fewer. That leaves an approximately infinite number of disk naming options.

1 hour ago, Serpieri said:

I am on the verge of starting my Audirvana Library from scratch.  I have long since broken the connection to iTunes and been an A+ library user since this option became available.  I am a big playlist user - the primary source of my Play Queue.  I just did a quick test of creating a test playlist; copied my entire library over into it; exported the playlist; deleted the playlist from the Playlists section; sought to do an import of the exported playlist and received nothing.  No errors of an kind and, even after closing out of  Audirvana and opening it again nothing.

The content of my library is once again without days (9) of duplicate/ghost tracks.  If I could only import my playlists without having to re-create them from scratch, as I was about to do before this failed test.  Any ideas/suggestions to move forward?

i can import all my playlists at once in Audirvana... File Menu... Import Playlists

or by clicking the + sign right of playlist name in the left menu bar of Audirvana window...

if they were in folders like mine, to this day, you have to recreate the folders but all the playlists will be listed one under the other...

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 21.14.03.png

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Just give the disks different names, each eleven letters or fewer.

So I previously did so, you read my message. 

I have said several times that the problem no longer exists.

No one answered the question why the music was played when the discs were offline, back to where we started.

Audio Doctor answered. You did something strange, Audirvana reacted by showing some anomalous UI indications. That's all that happened, and it is certainly not a problem with Audirvana. There might well be other applications that would react strangely to the very odd practice of giving two different discs identical names. It's possible you might have experienced far worse problems than anything you saw with Audirvana. You were lucky.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Audio Doctor answered.

He did not say anything reasonable, except the proposal to format the disks in APFS.🤣

1 hour ago, Jud said:

You did something strange

I connected the second T5 to the Mac Mini, do you find that strange?

And then added it to the Audirvana library, does that seem weird, too?

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Audirvana reacted by showing some anomalous UI indications.

Audirvana he was named T5 1,  I added the music files and she played them back.

Which of the above do you find strange?

On 5/6/2019 at 9:01 PM, Borealis said:

I too enjoy Audirvana for a fair few years now and the new 3.5 as well.
As previously mentioned in this thread, many UI elements are way too big so that you loose information, but I still can satisfy myself with. However a major bug could make me stick to good (not so) old 3.2, at least for my headphone listening sessions.

There indeed must be something broken in the management of AudioUnits. I generally apply a slight amount of crossfeed when I use headphones (just to ease that sometimes fatiguing "stretched inside your head" feeling and absolutely not to try to emulate real speakers) and cannot use my usual plugin anymore. (A pretty simple BS2B plugin that I found there. BTW, does anyone know a good sounding crossfeed AU that can be used with Audirvana?) The plugin window just doesn't appear and you cannot make any setting.

I experimented a bit to figure out whether the problem was delimited to this specific plugin (it is not) and I even discovered a way to reproducibly crash the whole software!
1. Select "Apple: AUGraphicEQ" and proceed to the settings (I just used it randomly for testing purposes as I was looking for a plugin with a UI).
2. Use the drop down menu to change the 31 bands EQ to the one with only 10 bands and... oh wait, where is everything gone?
It seems that the whole AU section needs a fix...

Did you figure out how to use the crossfeed plugin in Audirvana? Thx.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics