IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

The disk is formatted in exFat.

I also have a Windows laptop, it is impossible to rename this SSD on it at all.

Why is what you can't do in Windows relevant?

When the drives are connected, choose to have Audirvana stop monitoring both.  Or with Audirvana off, delete the database files.

Then with Audirvana off, rename the drives in Disk Utility.

Then with the drives connected and Audirvana on, either choose to have Audirvana monitor them or let it rebuild the database, depending on what you did before.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

20 minutes ago, Jud said:

Then with Audirvana off, rename the drives in Disk Utility.

I suspect the SSD will turn into a pumpkin after that.😉

Later, I will try to do it with the help of Samsung's proprietary utility.

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

12 minutes ago, KnockKnock said:

Non riesco a caricare Audirvana (MacosX), e nel Force Quit Applications posso vederlo ma non posso chiuderlo anche quando non è caricato ... Strana cosa ... Roon e tutto il resto funziona alla grande ... .

Schermata 2019-06-12 at 15.23.10.jpg

The same thing happened to me yesterday, I had to shut down and restart the imac.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

2 hours ago, Andrey said:

I suspect the SSD will turn into a pumpkin after that.😉

Later, I will try to do it with the help of Samsung's proprietary utility.

Not unless you rename it to Pumpkin. 😀  (It could be our little joke. 😉)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

be sure to have a backup before doing anything .....

When set to "Sort by Name", the third inclusion went without a problem, Audirvana shows the disks are online.

But, just in case renamed one disk in the Samsung utility to T5'.

All thanks.

Снимок экрана 2019-06-12 в 19.06.02.png

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

16 hours ago, Andrey said:

You have different names of disks, unlike mine.

I hope, you noticed it?

Actually, I didn't because I am unable to imagine a reason someone would have for doing that. It seems to me that all of your problems are self inflicted. Damien should refund your money and pull your license so he doesn't have to deal with you any more.

No electron left behind.

50 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Damien should refund your money and pull your license so he doesn't have to deal with you any more.

Only after you convincingly explain, why Audirvana plays music from discs that are offline.😀

So I did a small experiment...

Here I unmounted the music drive, as seen in the first pic. I opened Audirvana and verified it was intact offline, as you can see in the second pic. Then, I tried to play music from my library, as you can see in the third pic, that also failed. Then, I remounted the drive, the fourth pic, then I opened Audirvana again and verified it was showing up, then to be sure, I manually synced the drive, fifth pic. Then finally I tried to play a song from my library and wow imagine that, it played normally...  sixth pic.

Your problems are your own.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 2.36.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 2.36.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 2.36.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 2.37.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 2.37.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 2.37.35 PM.png

No electron left behind.

11 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

That's easy. They're not.

Are you trying to accuse me of cheating? Explain the motivational goal.

I didn't see two discs with the same name in your pictures.

14 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

No, I am trying to make it clear that the only thing you need to do is operate your computer in the logical fashion it is intended to be used in and it will then function in the logical way you expect it to.

Send claims to Timothy Cook and Satya Nadella, as Finder and Explorer can't rename Samsung SSD drives.😀

Your problem is they are formatted as ExFat...  

If you have a backup, and at this point its a huge IF...

then what you need to do is open disk utility and reformat the entire drive as APFS, NAME THEM SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER, then copy your music back to them and then erase the current drives from Audirvana and add in the newly formatted drives. Voila, zero problems...

But then you can't blame Apple and Damien so you probably shouldn't do that.

No electron left behind.

18 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Thats because I am smart enough to not do that...

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

Alright, Damien, you heard the man. Give him a refund and be done with him!

You didn't answer the question.

44 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Only after you convincingly explain, why Audirvana plays music from discs that are offline.😀