IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

An interesting feature of version 3.5.11, the library shows that both drives are off. However, the music sounds as if nothing had happened.

Снимок экрана 2019-06-09 в 16.35.57.png

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

21 hours ago, Andrey said:

An interesting feature of version 3.5.11, the library shows that both drives are off. However, the music sounds as if nothing had happened.

I experienced the same thing. The music played fine even though my music drive was off and had been disconnected for 2 days.

5 hours ago, johnnystar said:

I experienced the same thing. The music played fine even though my music drive was off and had been disconnected for 2 days.

Music is playing, but new albums are not added to the library.

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

On 6/9/2019 at 8:41 AM, Andrey said:

Had you restarted the computer? I ask because is it possible the album was still in RAM? This is really weird.

No electron left behind.

28 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Had you restarted the computer?

Sorting was not enabled on the desktop, disks were placed in random order when rebooting. Can the reason in this?

46 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Why not leave the disks connected?

They were always on, but since there was no sorting, after rebooting, the disks were displayed on the desktop in random order.

Audirvana sometimes showed disks online sometimes offline, but always played music.

12 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

regarding the syncing problem, have you tried manually syncing to see if the new albums are added?

When Audirvana showed that the disks were offline, no synchronization was possible.

Music from these discs was played.

34 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Did you try turning Audirvana off, ejecting the disks, then plugging the disks back in, and restarting Audirvana?

I have two SSD drives permanently connected to my Mac mini, sorting was not enabled.

Probably because of this Audirvana put them online or offline status when you turn on Mac mini.

Music played regardless of status.

Снимок экрана 2019-06-11 в 3.32.53.png

desktop-items-sort-by.png

3 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

ok...

Are you trolling us?

Did you see the first message?

And the second?

On 6/10/2019 at 2:38 PM, johnnystar said:

11 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Here are my drives,

You have different names of disks, unlike mine.

I hope, you noticed it?

34 minutes ago, Andrey said:

You have different names of disks, unlike mine.

I hope, you noticed it?

Can’t remember or want to go back for more info right now, but why twice the same name? Looking for trouble, not just for Audirvana but even for the finder 😀 need some help for finding a different 2nd name? 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

5 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Can’t remember or want to go back for more info right now, but why twice the same name? Looking for trouble, not just for Audirvana but even for the finder 😀 need some help for finding a different 2nd name? 😀

I tried to name one of them by another name T_5 (2), after rebooting there was a sign [?] and Audirvana didn't see him.

I think the SSD firmware did not allow to change the name.

So both disks were left as T5, and index 1 was assigned to one of them by Audirvana, not me.

1 minute ago, Andrey said:

I tried to name one of them by another name T_5 (2), after rebooting there was a sign (?) and Audirvana didn't see him.

I think the SSD firmware did not allow to change the name.

Thus, both disks were left as T5, and index 1 was assigned to one of them by Audirvana.

.... rename one SSD, you'll find that Audirvana will not see the old one, delete it from Audirvana and insert in Audirvana the SSD new name. Quite simple

Stefano

My audio system

19 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

rename one SSD,

When you try to rename, after you restart, the sign (?) appears next to the disk on the desktop.

Audirvana does not see this SSD.

15 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

... can you rename it from disk utility? how is it formatted?

The disk is formatted in exFat.

I also have a Windows laptop, it is impossible to rename this SSD on it at all.

2 minutes ago, Andrey said:

The disk is formatted in exFat.

I also have a Windows laptop, it is impossible to rename this SSD on it at all.

I've found on the web this: "If you’re interested in taking advantage of the drive’s encryption abilities, Samsung includes a Portable SSD Driver on the disk. After the driver software is installed, you can use Samsung’s software to enable encryption, check for updates, and rename the drive."

Stefano

My audio system

15 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

If you’re interested in taking advantage of the drive’s encryption abilities

I deleted this folder on both drives because I wasn't interested in encryption.

They are intended only for music.