IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

2 minutes ago, lucretius said:

A Chinese Wall seems unreasonable.  JA would have to refrain from picking up Stereophile for fear of discovering the advertisers and he'd have to refrain from talking to folks in the industry for fear they may be advertisers, and he'd have to refrain from talking to subscribers and "audiophiles", etc. This is absurd.

That's why third-party ad brokers, like Google, are a good idea.

5 minutes ago, adamdea said:

Ok so to summarise these tracks tell us 

- that MQA master tracks may only be upsampled 44.1

A lot of MQA tracks are made from 44.1/48 kHz masters. When I checked over 100 tracks on Tidal last year, nearly were thus.

- that the upsampling is quasi noise with little or no filtering of images

Right.

-(semble) in these instances there is no deblurring of the 44.1 files as the impulse response of the original anti alias filter at 20-22 kHz is undisturbed (or has it been apodised and replaced with a minimum phase brick wall?) 

That's impossible to tell without access to the original.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If it only worked that way. Advertisers can target specific phone numbers / people, zip codes etc...

This is targeting an audience, regardless of which pages they are visiting. Does Google allow advertisers to blacklist specific sites?

15 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I do not follow.  Where the ads are displayed is of fundamental importance.

The broker chooses when to show your ad based on your indicated target demographic. If I slip up with cookie blocking, I quickly start seeing ads for obscure Analog Devices components on totally unrelated sites.

4 minutes ago, beetlemania said:

Ridiculous to request that Marjorie Baumert apologize to CC. None of this is on her.

Although it's not her fault, she should still make it clear that such behaviour is unacceptable at her events. There is nothing remotely controversial about this. Has anyone made sure she is aware of what happened?