IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a time I ranted a bit more about the big holes Qobuz has in its catalogue. I kind of accepted it plus I see items showing up from time to time. Tonight AMA bit flabbergasted. Dave Matthews Band - pretty known artist. Nothing. Only one album. Switch to Deezer and a massive amount of albums pop up. Come on!! 

4 minutes ago, al2813 said:

There used to be a time I ranted a bit more about the big holes Qobuz has in its catalogue. I kind of accepted it plus I see items showing up from time to time. Tonight AMA bit flabbergasted. Dave Matthews Band - pretty known artist. Nothing. Only one album. Switch to Deezer and a massive amount of albums pop up. Come on!! 

This Dave Matthews Band?

F47046FC-548D-4A7A-AA59-6A264A895CBC.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

20 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...that's to save server space. All DM albums sound the same, so you only need one. 😉

Lol - he does have a few good songs here and there. 

This is what I see over here in little Europe. None of the albums shown above exist over here. 

1177268231_Screenshot2021-03-20at21_47_38.thumb.png.f201ff5854ef5d72a87fd8be7f94ba36.png

Since the last upgrade for the past month neither the app or web player works ( rev 5.8.0-b020). I've had many emails with Qobuz answering questions and supplying screen shots. I have 5,000 favorites and I can no longer play them, the app goes to a white screen and the web player takes about 10 mins to load and then can play no more than 10-15 seconds at a time, the iphone app seems to play just fine. Happens on multiple i7 machines and I have 200mb internet speeds - Tidal runs smooth. It appears this new rev cannot handle the number of favorites. I can go in and play individual tracks accessing them thru releases or artist under favorites but trying to do this under favorites>tracks always fails. I've asked to role back to the last rev while they work this out but they say no. Qobuz says they are working on it and they are "not like the big guys". Jeez I thought they were they seem to be the second largest and have better audio than Tidal. Its great that they have added a dark mode, etc. but if it can no longer play my favorites (in shuffle or not) I'm done. I'm cancelling my subscription at the end of the month and hope they push an update that addresses this problem. Would be great if Qobuz would notify me and let me know when the next rev comes out so I can test it. I continue to ask them if I come back will my favorites still be there or do I have to start all over again - they never answer that question. I have bragged about the sound quality to others and have had several friends join on my recommendation. 

New Topic??--check out this-- "The Best of 192mKz"(HiRes Audio) playlist about 9 hours worth in new Qobuz playlists.

I have been alternating between my Schiit Yggdrasil GS which shows 4x and my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC shows all WHITE LEDs indicating NO MQA despite what some people say that Qobuz 'sneaks' MQA into their offerings.

Would appreciate what others think also and about SQ from ROON(which says 192k lossless) vs Qobuz desktop vs Audirvana A+3. I THINK subjectively speaking ROON sounds best. Posted most of this on Music Downloads and Streaming also-didn't ask for/about SQ quality.

I fortunately have never had ANY issues with Qobuz(with my former French address or my USA account) except I ask @dmacktaand @the other Qubuz person WHAT HAPPENED TO WON-TON-TON and Bea Van Der Maat ??

5 hours ago, livepinkfloyd said:

I have 5,000 favorites and I can no longer play them,

Tragic. For fear of this happening, I have been wanting to use Soundiiz to backup my Qobuz playlists and favourites. But Soundiiz seems only interested in "syncing". I do not want syncing - I do not want Soundiiz to be writing anything back to or modifying my Qobuz account. I want "copying" or "backing up", not "syncing". In fact, in their help, they say "For legal reasons, Soundiiz is not creating any backup datas for third party music services connected."

Anyone familiar with Soundiiz who knows what's going on? If I delete stuff in my Qobuz account, and then sync Soundiiz, will it put back all the stuff I have deleted from Qobuz but which I can still see in Soundiiz? Anyone found a way to use Soundiiz to take a simple snapshot copy of Qobuz?

11 hours ago, livepinkfloyd said:

So you are having the same problem? Not so funny they sent me a marketing email the other day trying to get me to do the annual subscription. Sorry to hear that...

No no sorry, it was just to say that having an annual subscription I cannot leave for another service.

My only problem is with volume on Chromecast: it doesn't work, neither from web app not from android app.

17 hours ago, livepinkfloyd said:

Since the last upgrade for the past month neither the app or web player works ( rev 5.8.0-b020). I've had many emails with Qobuz answering questions and supplying screen shots. I have 5,000 favorites and I can no longer play them, the app goes to a white screen and the web player takes about 10 mins to load and then can play no more than 10-15 seconds at a time, the iphone app seems to play just fine. Happens on multiple i7 machines and I have 200mb internet speeds - Tidal runs smooth. It appears this new rev cannot handle the number of favorites. I can go in and play individual tracks accessing them thru releases or artist under favorites but trying to do this under favorites>tracks always fails. I've asked to role back to the last rev while they work this out but they say no. Qobuz says they are working on it and they are "not like the big guys". Jeez I thought they were they seem to be the second largest and have better audio than Tidal. Its great that they have added a dark mode, etc. but if it can no longer play my favorites (in shuffle or not) I'm done. I'm cancelling my subscription at the end of the month and hope they push an update that addresses this problem. Would be great if Qobuz would notify me and let me know when the next rev comes out so I can test it. I continue to ask them if I come back will my favorites still be there or do I have to start all over again - they never answer that question. I have bragged about the sound quality to others and have had several friends join on my recommendation. 

Thanks for this feedback. I will check that and try to fix it asap.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

9 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Yes I work for Qobuz.

I can tell you that every app Android iOS PC/Mac will migrate soon to a new Chromecast Receiver.

the upgrade to windows app and to android app I got two days ago did not solve this problem: I understand you are talking about even newer versions?

57 minutes ago, David Craff said:

I can tell you that every app Android iOS PC/Mac will migrate soon to a new Chromecast Receiver.

Will this solve the problem of the song playing on my phone and the device? It has been extremely frustrating. I have tried this in 3 diff devices and same issue so the problem is with Qobuz and Chromecast and not the device. 

8 hours ago, BrownMagic said:

Will this solve the problem of the song playing on my phone and the device? It has been extremely frustrating. I have tried this in 3 diff devices and same issue so the problem is with Qobuz and Chromecast and not the device. 

Which devices have you tried with?

8 hours ago, thegios said:

Which devices have you tried with?

Chromecast Puck, Primare NP5 and Arcam SA30. The problem is only with Qobuz. After 3 songs, the connection drops out. Music plays on the speakers and also on the remote in my case an iPhone. I have no issues with volume. I in fact prefer that volume control is done via the device rather than the app. And in IOS app, volume doesn't change even if you want to. My friend who uses android app on the arcam is able to change the volume but there is a BIG bug. The moment he changes the volume on the app, the Arcam plays it at 100% volume. A few more times and I am sure the speaker will blow. 

I was hoping that Chromecast with Qobuz will help me ditch roon completely but I think that time has not come yet. 

Actually, I do usually not like to join the club of people ranting about specific albums as released on Qobuz. But today ...

Neil Young, Young Shakespeare (Live)

released today

Looking at the album in Album View, second page, on both the Qobuz Android and iOS Apps: 24/44.1

Playing with the Qobuz Android App on Cayin N6ii Android DAP: 96 kHz shown on Now Playing screen

Playing with UAPP on Cayin N6ii Android DAP: 24/192 on Now Playing screen

Playing with Qobuz iOS App on iPhone XR: 192 kHz on Now Playing screen

All apps updated to their latest releases thru Google Play and Apple AppStore, resp.

On the NYA (Neil Young Archives) Download Store this album is listed as 24/192.

Looks like quite some mess, calling for rectification.

1 hour ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Actually, I do usually not like to join the club of people ranting about specific albums as released on Qobuz. But today ...

Neil Young, Young Shakespeare (Live)

released today

Looking at the album in Album View, second page, on both the Qobuz Android and iOS Apps: 24/44.1

Playing with the Qobuz Android App on Cayin N6ii Android DAP: 96 kHz shown on Now Playing screen

Playing with UAPP on Cayin N6ii Android DAP: 24/192 on Now Playing screen

Playing with Qobuz iOS App on iPhone XR: 192 kHz on Now Playing screen

All apps updated to their latest releases thru Google Play and Apple AppStore, resp.

On the NYA (Neil Young Archives) Download Store this album is listed as 24/192.

Looks like quite some mess, calling for rectification.

I favorited in Qobuz app, where it is listed as 24/44.1; but in Roon (Qobuz window) it shows up as "mixed formats". Apparently the streaming version is mixed formats and not a single uniform one. That might account for what you are seeing.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I guess Qobuz have been busy with the Sonos thing, which is a good thing because it's sad for recorded music that so few people know that Qobuz exists - typically for less money, for essentially very similar catalogue, for no compression, and avoiding MQA palaver. Sonos is popular and will promote what Qobuz has to offer.

Here is a review of streaming services by a fairly respectable magazine - Wired - and Qobuz doesn't even get a mention as an also-ran! Tragedy.