IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 minute ago, athegn said:

In Google I find this:-

https://www.qobuz.com/ie-en/album/symphonies-igor-stravinski/5099920763251

I cannot find it in  your UK Qobuz app.

Any advice please?

Looks like an Irish link. If you switch the "ie"to UK it isn't found. But, switching it to US, it is found. Probably not available in the UK due to rights issues. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Anyone else experiencing random launching of the Qobuz Android app? This appears to be caused by actions in my Accuweather and NY Times apps. It is not set to "open links by default", and it is set to "ask every time" but it does not ask. It just opens to the last place I was in the app. The actions that launch it seem unrelated and inconsistent, so I am unable to reproduce the problem when I try, but I regularly find myself closing the Qobuz app as it launches while I'm trying to do something else. Version 5.15.0.0.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

18 hours ago, athegn said:

In Google I find this:-

https://www.qobuz.com/ie-en/album/symphonies-igor-stravinski/5099920763251

I cannot find it in  your UK Qobuz app.

Any advice please?

Hi,

I check this release, and they are right for GB and IE. Try to find them in our app with the id in query (5099920763251)

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

I check this release, and they are right for GB and IE. Try to find them in our app with the id in query (5099920763251)

Regards

I am not sure what you mean. If I open the app and paste either the full URL or just the number you quote, in search,  I still get "No result for your search"

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

What is the country linked to your Qobuz subscription?

Uk

I have now got it as  a playlist and downloaded as MP3. My confusion was that I expected it to open up in my app, not on a page offering my to buy. However when I tried to listen to it it opened up my app and I took my normal route to add to playlist and download as MP3.

Thank you.

On 2/23/2021 at 7:14 AM, left channel said:

Anyone else experiencing random launching of the Qobuz Android app? This appears to be caused by actions in my Accuweather and NY Times apps. It is not set to "open links by default", and it is set to "ask every time" but it does not ask. It just opens to the last place I was in the app. The actions that launch it seem unrelated and inconsistent, so I am unable to reproduce the problem when I try, but I regularly find myself closing the Qobuz app as it launches while I'm trying to do something else. Version 5.15.0.0.

An update on the above: I uninstalled and reinstalled the Qobuz app. That may have worked. This was weird and getting weirder: last night when I opened the weather app, Qobuz launched. Even weirder: I just realized I've owned Android phones for ten years now, starting with the Nexus One. Never had a problem like this before though.

This is something that a Qobuz rep or someone here might be able to answer. I find it puzzling that in a given album release (for example, one that shows up high on the list when I click on Qobuz Taste in my Audirvana player is the deluxe 2-disc edition of Liege & Lief by Fairport Convention) some tracks are streamable and some tracks are greyed out and cannot be played. I have some idea of how music licensing works, and I get that for some releases, particularly a compilation album where the original recordings were associated with different labels and publishing companies, the present label may have the rights to manufacture and sell a collection of songs on a CD, but might not have the license to sell them as downloads or distribute them for streaming, and that music licensing can be complicated. But for an album like Liege & Lief, where the recording of the songs for the proper album came out on one label, why do only three of the eight songs on the album get to be streamed on my Qobuz account, while all the songs on the bonus disc can be played, and on a different version of the same album on Qobuz (not the deluxe edition, but an earlier reissue with two bonus tracks), all those songs that are greyed out on the deluxe version are playable. I am curious and if you can explain why this is so, on many albums that show up on the Qobuz streaming library...?

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

30 minutes ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

This is something that a Qobuz rep or someone here might be able to answer. I find it puzzling that in a given album release (for example, one that shows up high on the list when I click on Qobuz Taste in my Audirvana player is the deluxe 2-disc edition of Liege & Lief by Fairport Convention) some tracks are streamable and some tracks are greyed out and cannot be played. I have some idea of how music licensing works, and I get that for some releases, particularly a compilation album where the original recordings were associated with different labels and publishing companies, the present label may have the rights to manufacture and sell a collection of songs on a CD, but might not have the license to sell them as downloads or distribute them for streaming, and that music licensing can be complicated. But for an album like Liege & Lief, where the recording of the songs for the proper album came out on one label, why do only three of the eight songs on the album get to be streamed on my Qobuz account, while all the songs on the bonus disc can be played, and on a different version of the same album on Qobuz (not the deluxe edition, but an earlier reissue with two bonus tracks), all those songs that are greyed out on the deluxe version are playable. I am curious and if you can explain why this is so, on many albums that show up on the Qobuz streaming library...?

Different albums, even with the same songs and on the same label, can have different rights for streaming. It may be some kind of complicated rights issue, or it could be a marketing thing for the album in question.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Like Firedog said, it's most likely a matter of licensing in some case, and in others limiting the release so people to buy a physical or download copy. I've seen this often, both on Tidal and Qobuz, where the one main track that's expounded upon in the review isn't available for streaming.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

6 hours ago, left channel said:

An update on the above: I uninstalled and reinstalled the Qobuz app. That may have worked. This was weird and getting weirder: last night when I opened the weather app, Qobuz launched. Even weirder: I just realized I've owned Android phones for ten years now, starting with the Nexus One. Never had a problem like this before though.

No joy, it's still happening. I open the weather app, look away, and when I look back it's the Qobuz app. I may just uninstall Qobuz; I mostly use it via UAPP anyway. Too bad, as the Qobuz app offers a lot of content and curation, although I'm not mobile much lately.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, David Craff said:

Hi Mark Dirac

1. the release are available, but you need to scroll down to load the rest of content. We know this is not the best way to discover or find content for a artist.

We are working on a new artist page, with filter, clean content (discography) etc. And in the next release you can search in the loaded page, that can help you.

2. Peter Gabriel is very well known. And as we display content where he was only composer, you can see lot's of release in addition to his official discography. As I say for the first point, we are working on a new artist page that must fix this issue.

3. Same as other point. It's indeed the case with popular artists.

Regards

For me, the biggest issue with Qobuz is the way it includes other artists' recordings in addition to a popular artist's official discography. I understand that with its classical music roots it makes sense for Qobuz to order discography by composer but it is completely inappropriate for all other music genres. 

Paul McCartney's latest release according to Qobuz is something called 'My Valentine' by David Nicholls. David Bowie's is latest release is 'Sound and Vision' by Halado Negro. That's ridiculous!

I really want Qobuz to succeed but you're never going to appeal to the broader market if you can't get the basics right. I'm signed up for twelve months but I will be looking elsewhere come renewal time if you can't get this sorted soon.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 13.58.23.png

Looking to possibly move to Qobuz but first wanted to know how many devices in my home can use the service simultaneously ? If I want to listen to music while the wife is listening to something different in another room through another device is that possible? 

iMac > NAD C388 Integrated with BluOS module > Linn Keilidh

39 minutes ago, John H said:

Looking to possibly move to Qobuz but first wanted to know how many devices in my home can use the service simultaneously ? If I want to listen to music while the wife is listening to something different in another room through another device is that possible? 

Yes. It means you have to have a playback program that supports Qobuz and does independent zones in multi room playback, or have individual playback devices with Qobuz in each location. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, John H said:

With the Qobuz apps, to use more than one device at a time you need a Family account. That allows up to six individual sub-accounts. Otherwise you're limited to only one device at a time, and I think three devices total. But as @firedog says above, third-party apps like Roon, Audirvana, or LMS/Squeezebox can stream to more than one endpoint at the same time.

At this very moment I'm playing different albums via the Qobuz plugin for LMS to two endpoints: the Squeezelite-X app on my home office PC and a Squeezebox Touch device in the basement. Qobuz sees the server as one client, so I always expected it to play the same thing at the same time to multiple endpoints in my house. I was pleasantly surprised to find we can also play different music the same way.

I had fun setting that stuff up. But it would be cheaper and easier to just get a Family account and let everyone in the house use their own phones.

2 hours ago, firedog said:

Yes. It means you have to have a playback program that supports Qobuz and does independent zones in multi room playback, or have individual playback devices with Qobuz in each location. 

Thank you for your help. It’s appreciated. 

2 hours ago, left channel said:

With the Qobuz apps, to use more than one device at a time you need a Family account. That allows up to six individual sub-accounts. Otherwise you're limited to only one device at a time, and I think three devices total. But as @firedog says above, third-party apps like Roon, Audirvana, or LMS/Squeezebox can stream to more than one endpoint at the same time.

At this very moment I'm playing different albums via the Qobuz plugin for LMS to two endpoints: the Squeezelite-X app on my home office PC and a Squeezebox Touch device in the basement. Qobuz sees the server as one client, so I always expected it to play the same thing at the same time to multiple endpoints in my house. I was pleasantly surprised to find we can also play different music the same way.

I had fun setting that stuff up. But it would be cheaper and easier to just get a Family account and let everyone in the house use their own phones.

Appreciate the help. Thanks 

15 hours ago, John H said:

I have an individual Qobuz account while the rest of the family prefers to use a Family Apple Music account on their devices. However, my wife sometimes plays a Qobuz playlist on our Sonos while I’m listening to an album on Qobuz through my laptop and there’s no issue. I think the only time I’ve seen a block on Qobuz playing on a device was when I mistakenly started playing something on my laptop while my phone was still streaming from Qobuz. 
The solution is to pay for the Family sub. 
BTW, when I trialled Amazon Music HD it was frequently claiming it was playing on too many devices for my account even when it was only on the laptop...

New here and to Qobuz generally.  And no, I haven't looked through the 140 previous pages, and I can't come up with a helpful search term.🤷‍♂️

I do not have a Qobuz subscription, but yesterday I tried purchasing two albums of music by Morton Feldman.  The first purchase went OK (by good fortune, I later discovered).  The second one, not so much: the files kept disappearing.  The Qobuz app would say the download was complete, I would see them in the appropriate folder on my computer and a few minutes later they were gone.  See screenshots below.  After over an hour of frustration, I figured out what was going on - they disappeared the moment I logged out of Qobuz.  In the case of my first purchase, I had copied them to another location where they remained.  I of course have now done this with the second purchase and I have listened to portions of both purchases.  So problem avoided, but mystery remains.2083195325_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.3525e78616139cb8c85fdbbd573c8ea3.png1349132674_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.d16376725a17a4ca0ab3d6468a888cd1.png594392861_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.b5ca7d99141f95b06e81ca2889d52180.png

Anyone know what's going on?

Using Windows 10.  My browser is Chrome, but I did the download using only the Qobuz app.

Follow up - it has been pointed out to me that the highlighted page in the Qobuz app is the offline library page.  I don't know why that should be the case.  What I did was go to the Purchases page within the app, right-click on the album I wanted to download and select Download.  See first screenshot below.  The other possible choice was Import, but when I tested that choice, the app advised that it would become part of my offline library, which was not what I wanted.

Someone suggested I use the website instead.  I did so and went to my purchases page.  Again I selected the album I wanted to download and hit the Download button.  That gave me two options: download using the app or a TAR file.  As I was testing the app, that's what I chose.  Again the files downloaded; I could see them in their appropriate folder.  But once I logged out of Qobuz they disappeared.

728807887_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.4861d5a67ba7674d1fb9adc45452e255.png1447659777_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.33a81d4d31ad53896c65c98eff27199c.png

Screenshot (7).png

5 hours ago, jegreenwood said:

Follow up - it has been pointed out to me that the highlighted page in the Qobuz app is the offline library page.  I don't know why that should be the case.  What I did was go to the Purchases page within the app, right-click on the album I wanted to download and select Download.  See first screenshot below.  The other possible choice was Import, but when I tested that choice, the app advised that it would become part of my offline library, which was not what I wanted.

Someone suggested I use the website instead.  I did so and went to my purchases page.  Again I selected the album I wanted to download and hit the Download button.  That gave me two options: download using the app or a TAR file.  As I was testing the app, that's what I chose.  Again the files downloaded; I could see them in their appropriate folder.  But once I logged out of Qobuz they disappeared.

728807887_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.4861d5a67ba7674d1fb9adc45452e255.png1447659777_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.33a81d4d31ad53896c65c98eff27199c.png

Screenshot (7).png

Do you have a Music/Qobuz directory? What's in it?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

26 minutes ago, Jud said:

Do you have a Music/Qobuz directory? What's in it?

No.  I changed that in my Qobuz account settings to a folder on my external USB self-powered G:\ drive.  See the 2nd and 3rd screenshots in my first post.  That’s the directory to which the files are downloaded and from which they disappear.

1 minute ago, jegreenwood said:

No.  I changed that in my Qobuz account settings to a folder on my external USB self-powered G:\ drive.  See the 2nd and 3rd screenshots in my first post.  That’s the directory to which the files are downloaded and from which they disappear.

If you plan to use the files outside of the Qobuz app, then you should download the TAR file from the website, unzip, and enjoy. 

https://www.loom.com/share/f809b292b68842c994482078c41b1238