IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

2 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

I guess Qobuz have been busy with the Sonos thing, which is a good thing because it's sad for recorded music that so few people know that Qobuz exists - typically for less money, for essentially very similar catalogue, for no compression, and avoiding MQA palaver. Sonos is popular and will promote what Qobuz has to offer.

Here is a review of streaming services by a fairly respectable magazine - Wired - and Qobuz doesn't even get a mention as an also-ran! Tragedy.

Fine and I'll eventually buy a Sonos speaker for my home office, but I still want Chromecast issues fixed 🙃

1 hour ago, firedog said:

I favorited in Qobuz app, where it is listed as 24/44.1; but in Roon (Qobuz window) it shows up as "mixed formats". Apparently the streaming version is mixed formats and not a single uniform one. That might account for what you are seeing.

Thanks for pointing this out. Indeed, there is one track at 24/44.1, while all others are 24/192. I checked all tracks now: The Qobuz iOS App and UAPP with integrated Q do it all correctly. The Qobuz Android App stubbornly does 96 kHz for all but one tracks, and 44.1 for that outlier.

So I guess the Qobuz Android App fails on this mixed sample rate album - no idea why. Of course, I checked that it does the correct sampling rate for any 192-only album.

6 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Actually, I do usually not like to join the club of people ranting about specific albums as released on Qobuz. But today ...

Neil Young, Young Shakespeare (Live)

released today

Looking at the album in Album View, second page, on both the Qobuz Android and iOS Apps: 24/44.1

Playing with the Qobuz Android App on Cayin N6ii Android DAP: 96 kHz shown on Now Playing screen

Playing with UAPP on Cayin N6ii Android DAP: 24/192 on Now Playing screen

Playing with Qobuz iOS App on iPhone XR: 192 kHz on Now Playing screen

All apps updated to their latest releases thru Google Play and Apple AppStore, resp.

On the NYA (Neil Young Archives) Download Store this album is listed as 24/192.

Looks like quite some mess, calling for rectification.

Track 7 is in 44.1. If one track of an album is different than the other, we display the lowest quality.

Generally customers will complain that we display 192 when a track is not in this quality and not the opposite :D

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

7 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Track 7 is in 44.1. If one track of an album is different than the other, we display the lowest quality.

Generally customers will complain that we display 192 when a track is not in this quality and not the opposite :D

Regards

Thank you! That’s fine. But ... please take a look also at the later posts regarding this album, in particular with respect to the Q Android App playing at 96k instead of 192k for all tracks except the 44.1 of that particular album.

8 minutes ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Thank you! That’s fine. But ... please take a look also at the later posts regarding this album, in particular with respect to the Q Android App playing at 96k instead of 192k for all tracks except the 44.1 of that particular album.

The Q Android App has an issue with the track metadata quality. This will be fixed soon.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Qobuz for Mac now launches only a blank white screen, although Qobuz works perfectly in Roon and on iPads. I reported this a week ago, had an acknowledgment e-mail, and have followed up twice but heard nothing further. I cannot download my purchases because also the tar archive, after lengthy download, has 0 bytes. Downloaded, reinstalled, same result. I'm a longtime subscriber, Sublime, still via French subscription. Any suggestions, since Qobuz support seems non-existent?

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

2 minutes ago, livepinkfloyd said:

So after several attempts to get Qobuz to answer my question both publicly (on this forum) and privately (support emails back and forth and a private message to David Craff)) no one has the courtesy or guts. Given the service no longer works for people who have 5,000 favorites like myself I have no choice but cancel the acct. Has anyone ever cancelled and then come back - if so did you lose all your favorite selections or were they still there? Trying to understand if the amount of time I've spent building my library is now a complete waste? I see thru LinkedIn that they are a REALLY small company - and yet they have managed to build the best sounding library on the net. Feels like if they had a better DevOps org I wouldn't be in this position. They don't seem to understand that this service is so far superior to the runner up Tidal that they could easy charge more than Tidal. Audiophiles and music lovers are willing to pay for what they want and as playback gear gets better more folks are catching on to the differences in quality btw 24/192 and 96k mp3. If they did they could afford to enhance the DevOps group and not push a rev that fails there most active users. Cheap services allow 10,000+ selections with no problem. The fact they will not allow users who are now essentially shut down the ability to role back to a pervious version until they fix the production one is poor judgment. At least for me it will be difficult to come back if I lose all my work to date. With tactics like these Amazon will come and eat there lunch. Am I alone in this view? 

I'm with you bro

1 hour ago, livepinkfloyd said:

So after several attempts to get Qobuz to answer my question both publicly (on this forum) and privately (support emails back and forth and a private message to David Craff)) no one has the courtesy or guts. Given the service no longer works for people who have 5,000 favorites like myself I have no choice but cancel the acct. Has anyone ever cancelled and then come back - if so did you lose all your favorite selections or were they still there? Trying to understand if the amount of time I've spent building my library is now a complete waste? I see thru LinkedIn that they are a REALLY small company - and yet they have managed to build the best sounding library on the net. Feels like if they had a better DevOps org I wouldn't be in this position. They don't seem to understand that this service is so far superior to the runner up Tidal that they could easy charge more than Tidal. Audiophiles and music lovers are willing to pay for what they want and as playback gear gets better more folks are catching on to the differences in quality btw 24/192 and 96k mp3. If they did they could afford to enhance the DevOps group and not push a rev that fails there most active users. Cheap services allow 10,000+ selections with no problem. The fact they will not allow users who are now essentially shut down the ability to role back to a pervious version until they fix the production one is poor judgment. At least for me it will be difficult to come back if I lose all my work to date. With tactics like these Amazon will come and eat there lunch. Am I alone in this view? 

I completely agree with you on this. They tout themselves as the music lovers yet limit you? Ridiculous!! Spotify let’s you have UNLIMITED FAVORITES. Yet they still cap the number of songs you can have within a single playlist at 10,000 which sucks. At least Apple Music caps it at 100,000 individual tracks within a single playlist from what I’ve read. Yet it still should be unlimited. Qobuz and Deezer still limits them at 1000 tracks in a single playlist and that sucks. There are power users out there. There is no good reason for these services to not offer customization that way a user could use it as simply as they want or as meticulously outrageous as they want. They should be catering to all types not just the simpletons. Their communication is also terrible. There has been a glitch in my account for a year now where I can no longer reorder my playlists. One of two things happen either they don’t save to the new order or they choose to completely and randomly reorder themselves when I try. I have tried dozens of times and through multiple means over the past year to get someone to fix this and I have gotten no response or follow through from anyone. They have less than 100 employees and about only 6 of them in the USA. Communication should not be that difficult!! They need to invest in their infrastructure and development for sure. Of course Spotify also has sucked in a request I’ve had of them about fixing a simple metadata issue for almost a year and multiple contacts with them and they admit I am right yet still not fixed and it’s on an album every other service shows the correct metadata for. Pathetic!! There is no reason Qobuz can’t have both the best sound quality and user interface/features if they wanted to. It’s just a matter of programming as the other services offer features but they don’t care about the files sound quality. This is just plain stupid thinking especially in an age as technically advanced as today. Tidal shot themselves in the foot so Qobuz should take the opportunity to eat their lunch. They just don’t get it. Deezer is being dumb as well. Qobuz better wake up soon before the others do. They know Spotify HiFi is coming so they need to do something. Sound quality only gets you so far. Content and features is what most people will care about the most. But like I said no reason you can’t have all three.

5 minutes ago, livepinkfloyd said:

Those are some good points there. Today I emailed several execs thru LinkedIn to see if they have any idea what is happening in the field.  MQA turns out was a bad decision and that has slowed Tidal down. Qobuz has an opportunity, hope they recognize it and hit the gas - will post if I get anything back from LinkedIn. 

The Qobuz team reads all the posts here. 

What evidence do you have that MQA “has slowed Tidal down?”

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

If Tidal had gone the FLAC route and not MQA there would be no need for me to make an additional investment in a MQA DAC to get the SQ of Qobuz. If that was the case I wouldn't have spent the time and effort posting my experience and I would have just cancelled and continued my Tidal subscription and never looked back. I get that when Tidal made the MQA decision MQA was the new shiny object in streaming but we have learned since then. Yes files are smaller but it is not a lossless technology and you can clearly hear the difference played on top flight gear. If Qobuz can get it right I won't need Tidal - if Tidal would go FLAC and not MQA I don't need Qobuz. In short, had Tidal made a different decision you wouldn't be reading this and I wouldn't have searched out Qobuz. Tidal could have headed Qobuz off at the pass and I would have spent more $ with them - that is the slow down I'm referring to. I'm not making a market analysis statement - I'm just reflecting on one man's experience. 

2 minutes ago, livepinkfloyd said:

If Tidal had gone the FLAC route and not MQA there would be no need for me to make an additional investment in a MQA DAC to get the SQ of Qobuz. If that was the case I wouldn't have spent the time and effort posting my experience and I would have just cancelled and continued my Tidal subscription and never looked back. I get that when Tidal made the MQA decision MQA was the new shiny object in streaming but we have learned since then. Yes files are smaller but it is not a lossless technology and you can clearly hear the difference played on top flight gear. If Qobuz can get it right I won't need Tidal - if Tidal would go FLAC and not MQA I don't need Qobuz. In short, had Tidal made a different decision you wouldn't be reading this and I wouldn't have searched out Qobuz. Tidal could have headed Qobuz off at the pass and I would have spent more $ with them - that is the slow down I'm referring to. I'm not making a market analysis statement - I'm just reflecting on one man's experience. 

It’s not all about you. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, livepinkfloyd said:

If you don't understand it is all about the customer you lose. Should I consider you the spokesperson for Qobuz? That was a really childish response as the founder...

I only speak for myself. I just asked what facts you had that MQA slowed down Tidal. The only response I got was more about you. You’ve reached out to Qobuz through Linked in as if you are their only customer.

It’s just a taste I get in my mouth when people don’t seem to see beyond their own interest and importance. 

Do you have any facts that Tidal had X momentum, implemented MQA, then has X-Y momentum? 

11 minutes ago, maramara said:

They are asking perfectly reasonable questions that can affect anyone, why are you accusing them of "not seeing beyond their own interest and importance". It's not like the request is "I bought this specific XYZ player and now you must support it"...?

I am also concerned by the ability to export the favourites list as a backup in case something happens.

I have around 2k in my list and the Mac desktop app can barely be used when I scroll down in order to show all of them (100% cpu and becomes unresponsive).

Here, you can backup your favorites.

https://soundiiz.com

Also, if you use Roon I think Roon will remember them as well. You have good backups, right?

No electron left behind.

13 minutes ago, maramara said:

They are asking perfectly reasonable questions that can affect anyone, why are you accusing them of "not seeing beyond their own interest and importance". It's not like the request is "I bought this specific XYZ player and now you must support it"...?

I am also concerned by the ability to export the favourites list as a backup in case something happens.

I have around 2k in my list and the Mac desktop app can barely be used when I scroll down in order to show all of them (100% cpu and becomes unresponsive).

I have no issues with his questions. 

The expectation that things get done and the over inflated sense of self importance is annoying to me. I asked a simple question based on his statement and the only thing he could talk about was himself. 

This false believe that the customer is always right is another one. Catering to a single customer will drive you out of business. Customers (plural) are always right is a bit better but you still need to be very careful. 

I’m sure Qobuz can look to see how many people have near or over 5,000 favorite tracks. If it’s only a few people, then it’s tough luck for them. What does Qobuz make per user per month, $4 to $5? Not worth bending over backwards for that in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, maramara said:

Expectations of what things to be done? He asked a simple question: why 5k favs brick the app and what happens to the list if I leave. And apparently the question was asked many times in different places without an answer.

Also, I see you embrace the worst capitalist rule that you're only worth if we can make money out of it.

Things are different here in Europe, consumers have more rights than in the US, Qobuz should clearly state if 5k favs is a limit and the app should work flawlessly and then prevent any more to be added.

Anyway, I am not interested in what your vision of the world is and I will also wait for David to reply.

Wow. Read into things much?

A company that loses money goes out of business unless it’s a Government program or MQA Ltd. 

Who pays the employees in Europe when there’s no money to give out? 

9 minutes ago, maramara said:

Anyway, I am not interested in what your vision of the world is and I will also wait for David to reply.

Im actually interested in everyone’s view of the world. I don’t have an inflated sense of self importance. Perhaps this is a discussion for a different thread, but you appear to love echo chambers, so maybe not. 

livepinkfloyd isn’t completely alone in his wishes for unlimited likes. Took 6 years and 542 pages of comments and nearly 13,000 votes by customers/potential customers before Spotify did something about it. See here:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs-allowed-in/idi-p/733759

And this is only from those that new where to go and ask for the feature. Imagine if more of their users knew about it. Plenty of comments of users getting frustrated and leaving which isn’t good for business either. A good point made by a few posters in saying normal users could (and have hit these limits) just by liking songs over time. Some are young kids/teenagers that are new to music and haven’t built up a collection yet and not every user is an old man with a big collection just getting into streaming for the first time but both are customers that count and should be accommodated for. As the young will collect over time then what happens?

It also took Spotify the same length of time and prodding by customers to implement a HiFi tier. Users want these things. Spotify posted somewhere how they were able to lift the limit and not have it big their system down and I believe they stated they would share how they did it if other services were interested.  Unfortunately I can’t remember where I found that info. as it was a while ago. Customers aren’t always wrong unless they are overbearing and demeaning of course. Listen to your customers they want to help because there is something they like that your company provides in the first place and they want to see you improve and therefore survive. You can’t be in business if you don’t have any or enough of them to pay the bills at least.