IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Screenshot just as an example. I've seen this more than once. Why is my preferred music service usually (not just in this example) missing in the list of options? In this particular case I admit I haven't checked yet if the song(s) are offered by Qobuz, but at least in some other cases, Qobuz offers the music and yet they're not part of the list of music services.

Edited to add that this particular track is also available on Qobuz. </edit>

I'm not going anywhere else for my music anytime soon, really enjoy the Qobuz experience, but this does make me wonder if I did "bet on the right horse". If it is just a matter of buying yourself in into the list of possible music providers, I would really suggest to just do so.

Anyway, I guess it is more of a suggestion or question than an actual issue. Still, I'm curious to find out where Qobuz stands in this. 

Screenshot_20201101-004147.jpg

34 minutes ago, leafy said:

Recently I find it happening more often that some super long tracks cannot finish playing and jumps right off to the next track.

Originally I thought it was to do with BubbleUPnP but it is now happening more often even with Qobuz Mac application.

One of the tracks that often breaks off around 15:00 to 20:00 of playback is https://open.qobuz.com/track/32957567

Yes, I have this happening with Qobuz while playing classical on Aurender N100H. No rhyme or reason or very often, perhaps two tracks out of 10 hours. Replay the same track and it plays fine. Started in the last month or so.

On 11/1/2020 at 12:49 AM, Argopo said:

Nope. The last track will start to play then playback stops/pauses for a second or two then playback resumes.

Note that it occurs on the last track of the currently playing album. It is not a pause between albums. The final track just stops playing. As I stated above, I am assuming the queued album is being loaded or saved to cache which is causing the stoppage/pausing of playback.

Hi,

I will made some test to reproduce your issues and come back to you after. I will do that asap.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

4 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

I will made some test to reproduce your issues and come back to you after. I will do that asap.

Regards

Thank you for looking into this. Greatly appreciated.

Software: HQPlayer | JRiver | Fidelizer Pro | Roon | Qobuz

Music Server: i7 6700K (Windows 10) | DAC: T+A DAC8 DSD, Marantz SA 14S-1, Schitt Yggdrasil | Preamp: DIY AMB alpha24 Fully-differential line amp | Amp: DIY M3 Balanced or DIY Tube Amp (2A3-300B) | Headphone: Shure SRH-1840, Audeze LCD-X, AKG K-501, Sennheiser HD600, HD800 | Speakers: Klipsch Heresey III

!!!!

Very surprised nobody has raised that issue yet.

I have a small Roon setup at the office.

My albums from Qobuz disappeared this AM.

Just got home:

SAME ISSUE. Missing 3,000 albums.

Please help. 

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

Was wondering if there could be a user comment section while listening to John Prine Crooked Pieces Of Time...

Before it occurred to me that that useful information would end up buried in the comments.

On second thought and more importantly, is there an option to make personal notes on a recording?

Back to John Prine's Crooked Pieces, in my world, inverting the polarity is a huge improvement to the entire album.  Everything pops better.  The sound stage jumps out into the room instead of Prine's voice being recessed.  If there was a global comment section the note would be lost in the universe of unending inane comments and I wouldn't remember until a few songs in.

Is there a chance at making local personal comments on a singular release tied to each account?

Btw, try inverting the polarity of this release.  It's pretty spectacular (read: more intimate) when it pops.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:49 PM, jacques_racine said:

!!!!

Very surprised nobody has raised that issue yet.

I have a small Roon setup at the office.

My albums from Qobuz disappeared this AM.

Just got home:

SAME ISSUE. Missing 3,000 albums.

Please help. 

Well, all of sudden everything is back to normal on my two servers. Have no idea what happened. Albums simply reappeared one bu one. Strange....

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

@David Craff

Any chance of getting Pi Recordings on Qobuz? They have some great Jazz/World music.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi,  

using the FiiO M11 and the HiBy R6 Pro I am encountering problems. 

I am using the latest Qobuz beta on both players. Only appox .1/3 of the SD cards are full. The screenshot function for sending the Qobuz android app team does not work any longer

With the HiBy R6 Pro I have the 1 second stops in almost all tracks, a problem I had formerly exclusively on the FiiO M11, which led me to buy the HiBy R6 Pro. 
Also quite often Qobuz on the HiBy wouldn’t start playing songs for about 10 minutes after restarting the app. 

With the FiiO M11 I have now the problem not downloading/importing tracks. They are shown with 0 kB of 0 kB in the download window. I had this before and all I could do was resetting the FiiO and formatting the SSD card. I believe that maybe your local database on the FiiO breaks and there should be a little repair and diagnostic from time to time.

On 10/30/2020 at 5:21 PM, Argopo said:

David,

Please see attached screenshot.

1. Start playing an album.

2. Click on Discover or Favourites tab. Select another album.

3. Click on the More "..." menu item. Click on "Add to queue."

4. Wait until the last track starts to play. Playback will pause/stop for a couple of seconds at the beginning of the track. (I assume while the next album loads, or is saved to the cache?)

20201030_qobuz_addtoqueue.thumb.png.9cf20e9b4f08babf1d09f54cd7c0f14e.png

HI

I think I know where this issue come from. Can you try to do the same scenario but be sure that the two albums are available in the same quality if listening in HI-Res or do your test by forcing the listening quality to CD.

Thanks a lot

On 11/7/2020 at 11:10 PM, Richter Di said:

Hi,  

using the FiiO M11 and the HiBy R6 Pro I am encountering problems. 

I am using the latest Qobuz beta on both players. Only appox .1/3 of the SD cards are full. The screenshot function for sending the Qobuz android app team does not work any longer

With the HiBy R6 Pro I have the 1 second stops in almost all tracks, a problem I had formerly exclusively on the FiiO M11, which led me to buy the HiBy R6 Pro. 
Also quite often Qobuz on the HiBy wouldn’t start playing songs for about 10 minutes after restarting the app. 

With the FiiO M11 I have now the problem not downloading/importing tracks. They are shown with 0 kB of 0 kB in the download window. I had this before and all I could do was resetting the FiiO and formatting the SSD card. I believe that maybe your local database on the FiiO breaks and there should be a little repair and diagnostic from time to time.

Hi,

The mobile team inform me that they are aware about that and try to correct this.

Regards

14 hours ago, David Craff said:

HI

I think I know where this issue come from. Can you try to do the same scenario but be sure that the two albums are available in the same quality if listening in HI-Res or do your test by forcing the listening quality to CD.

Thanks a lot

David,

Good catch. When adding to the queue, making sure the resolution matches, there is no pause or stoppage of playback on the last track of the currently playing album.

So, the stoppage of playback only occurs when resolution doesn’t match between albums.

Can this be fixed? Many thanks for your attention to this issue.

Software: HQPlayer | JRiver | Fidelizer Pro | Roon | Qobuz

Music Server: i7 6700K (Windows 10) | DAC: T+A DAC8 DSD, Marantz SA 14S-1, Schitt Yggdrasil | Preamp: DIY AMB alpha24 Fully-differential line amp | Amp: DIY M3 Balanced or DIY Tube Amp (2A3-300B) | Headphone: Shure SRH-1840, Audeze LCD-X, AKG K-501, Sennheiser HD600, HD800 | Speakers: Klipsch Heresey III

6 hours ago, Argopo said:

David,

Good catch. When adding to the queue, making sure the resolution matches, there is no pause or stoppage of playback on the last track of the currently playing album.

So, the stoppage of playback only occurs when resolution doesn’t match between albums.

Can this be fixed? Many thanks for your attention to this issue.

Yes it will be. I know where the problem is. Ticket is done for the next sprint.

I'm astonished to see that Henry Cow albums are now available for streaming and download purchase for the first time ever. I guess Chris Cutler at ReR Megacorp finally decided to adapt to 21 Century music delivery technology... maybe more recordings from that great label will follow the Cow into the streaming world.

I feel compelled to point out here that somebody screwed up the track titles for this release, however:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/john-peel-session-24th-april-1973-henry-cow/5099960601353

Track 1 is actually Nine Funerals, Track 2 is Nirvana For Mice and Track 3 is Guider Tells...

I already own all these recordings on disc from the mammoth CD box set, but it's great to see them available to a wider audience via streaming (not planning on paying for the 24-bit downloads but they sound great on Qobuz)...

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

On 6/3/2019 at 12:30 AM, dmackta said:

@mourip It is because CarPlay is still in beta. Access to streaming music will be added in an upcoming update. 

It's almost one and a half years later now. Any progress with the streaming capability? I would understand if 2020 and all its problems have prevented working on it.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:49 PM, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I'm astonished to see that Henry Cow albums are now available for streaming and download purchase for the first time ever. I guess Chris Cutler at ReR Megacorp finally decided to adapt to 21 Century music delivery technology... maybe more recordings from that great label will follow the Cow into the streaming world.

I feel compelled to point out here that somebody screwed up the track titles for this release, however:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/john-peel-session-24th-april-1973-henry-cow/5099960601353

Track 1 is actually Nine Funerals, Track 2 is Nirvana For Mice and Track 3 is Guider Tells...

I already own all these recordings on disc from the mammoth CD box set, but it's great to see them available to a wider audience via streaming (not planning on paying for the 24-bit downloads but they sound great on Qobuz)...

! WOW !     ! Henry Cow !  Thank for the heads up !!!!    Listening now to 'In Praise of Learning '  ... yes sounds fantastic !   ¡ Gracias !  :) 

Apple CarPlay

Could someone be kind enough to confirm what functions they can use with CarPlay?

Initially non of my menus loaded, Qobuz said a new version of the app was being released.

I downloaded the app and nothing had changed, then I decided to store some content on my iphone and

this was displayed.

The question is using CarPlay can you browse all content as you can on the IOS app or is it limited to only downloaded content.

I have raised this with support - Qobuz | Your request number 00150633

However they just seem to be giving me the run around asking for more screenshots.

I not sure what a screenshot of the interface only showing the one playlist I've downloaded will do but I've responded as requested.

EDIT

Ah looking at the thread below seems others have the issue and Qobuz are aware , not sure why support did not highlight is when requested.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/anyone-a-fan-of-qobuz-via-carplay.902729/

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

@David Graff

I reported the CarPlay issue to support, however they don't seem to understand the concept of support and just ask the same questions without reading the content of the emails.

So I say to Qobuz

À: [email protected]
Objet: Re: Qobuz | Your request number 00150633 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5006N19JCq:ref ]

Hello

I have downloaded the new IOS version.
It only shows music downloaded to the phone, you cannot browse your online music?

Is this by design or an error?

Many Thanks Phil

And they respond

On 16 Nov 2020, at 08:23, Qobuz Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

Can you send us more screenshots of your interface showing what you explained in your last e-mail please ? 

Best regards

So I respond

Objet: Re: Qobuz | Your request number 00150633 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5006N19JCq:ref ]

Dear Qobuz

As stated in my email below CarPlay will only show content which is stored locally on my phone
I cannot browse content to stream.

And they respond

Subject: Qobuz | Your request number 00150633 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5006N19JCq:ref ]
Date: 16 November 2020 at 16:56:20 GMT
To: 

Dear customer,

Try to import some tracks and tells us if they appear or not.

Best regards

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

14 hours ago, keeper said:

@David Graff

I reported the CarPlay issue to support, however they don't seem to understand the concept of support and just ask the same questions without reading the content of the emails.

So I say to Qobuz

Hello

I have downloaded the new IOS version.
It only shows music downloaded to the phone, you cannot browse your online music?

Is this by design or an error?

Many Thanks Phil

And they respond

On 16 Nov 2020, at 08:23, Qobuz Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear customer,

Can you send us more screenshots of your interface showing what you explained in your last e-mail please ? 

Best regards

So I respond

Dear Qobuz

As stated in my email below CarPlay will only show content which is stored locally on my phone
I cannot browse content to stream.

And they respond

Subject: Qobuz | Your request number 00150633 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5006N19JCq:ref ]
Date: 16 November 2020 at 16:56:20 GMT
To: 

Dear customer,

Try to import some tracks and tells us if they appear or not.

Best regards

Hello

Sorry, there was a misunderstanding of the problem by our support. Your request will be taken over and you will get new answers.

Regards

Question for Qobuz re the UK. Apologies in advance for a long post. 

I am a long time UK subscriber and Sublime plus or whatever it has been called since that was launched in the UK and been very happy. In the house we have Linn DS (one way integration) and have various phones/ipads. It's never been the cheap option but I have always felt it to be good value. The device limitation which was either 3 or 5 devices (can't remember now because it was never a problem was fair enough.  It's my subscription and so in practice the kit in 'my' house (Linn DS's run on it and our ipad and my phone. So when I am out I would use it in the car and everything would work in the house while I was out. It's constrained around one account (playlists etc.) but no big deal and all was good for the family. 

Qobuz has now introduced family plans and I get that they run the risk of every subscriber sharing their subscription but the device limit surely dealt with that adequately. I hadn't noticed until the weekend probably due to COVID, we have stayed at home. But now if I go in the car the house stops indicating that I am using another device. Now if I take the concept literally I can understand the thought that I am using Qobuz twice when I am in the car but for £250 a year that doesn't seem unreasonable and it's hardly for 24 hours a day. What does seem unreasonable is to now limit me to one single device at one time. It's creating a ridiculous situation where one of us is listening as normal but is screwed up by the other. So now I literally have to think about this as value for one instance and I can tell you it doesn't stack up so well. More infuriating is that we are almost certainly very low usage customers anyway. 

So to put this right  - apparently there is an easy option - cough splutter. I just have to pay more than twice the price. £499.99 vs £249.99. I just wonder how many on here thing that seems like 'good value'. 

I have to say this is the first time my faith and love for Qobuz has been challenged and I hope they can sort this out. For a start, I don't have a family of 6, I have a family of 3 max and in practice that tends to operate as a two. So  this can never look like good value. So whats the effect of this. I would say that the number of customers will reduce as they one by one realise. I reached out to a couple of friends and I hadn't realised but they had already quietly moved on elsewhere due to this. 

Do I think a boatload of new subscribers will sign up for £499.99 ? Nope. Will unhappy existing subscribers let their subs run out and walk - yep. There are so many alternates out there I don't think the value equation works if this is limited to a single device - sorry. I have always recommended Qobuz to anyone and everyone but I think thats done. I have written to support but TBH that seems to struggle to handle this type of complexity and so thought I would ask on here. Any thoughts David C etc.? I realise that you may be a little constrained on here.