IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

31 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi, there is nothing like historical or favorite that influence the search result, for the moment.

Are you sure? I've had to do some heroic searching to find certain albums before, and then later I am searching a related artist, or the same artist but a different album and the one I was searching for the previous time comes right up much like Chris described above. I'll try to remember an example and share it.

No electron left behind.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:56 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

Maybe you can create a US account without adding a streaming plan. You need a VPN to do that. Then with your US account you can connect to our application and navigate to the content. You can only listen for sample but this is not important as you just want to find content. 

Do you thinks this an appropriate solution? I should invest in a VPN solution, create a fake US account, just to get hold of the media partner playlists. Shouldn’t Qobuz as a service make them available for their customers wherever they are in the world?

7 hours ago, Richter Di said:

Do you thinks this an appropriate solution? I should invest in a VPN solution, create a fake US account, just to get hold of the media partner playlists. Shouldn’t Qobuz as a service make them available for their customers wherever they are in the world?

It is available anywhere once you subscribed. 

10 hours ago, Richter Di said:

Hi,

I think not but this is the only way I can see.

Qobuz service is the same for all the countries where we are present. But all countries have different culture, so we manage to adapt our selections and playlist according to countries.

For playlist with Hi-FI partner's, of course there is no culture issue. We need to duplicate them for other store because track's ID can be different.

This work is in progress, several playlists have already been duplicated.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

9 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Yes, I'm sure of it, I'm the product manager of the search engine. If there is a change between two queries, it is not because of your history or your favourite.

The difference must come from other parameters but in such a short time it's surprising, so I think it's related to the A/B test currently in progress.

Regards

Alright, thanks for the answer.

No electron left behind.

I’ve been using Qobuz for a few months using Bubbleupnp on Mac OS X 10.15.2 streaming via Ethernet to  Hegel H190 and LUMIN for IOS as a controller.  I have Bubble convert to WAV on the fly for better sound, and recently adding an EtherRegen has taken the sound up another level of realism.  

The issue I am having, is that certain tracks will not play, even though other tracks from the same album play (I’m in the USA)

For example, Springsteen’s single track out for the last few weeks, Letter To You would never play.  Today with the entire album released, the Title track Letter To You will not play, neither will Janey needs a shooter, or Last Man Standing, Ghosts, Songs for Orphans.  

Any suggestions?  

ADDED: I just tried to play the tracks on Mconnect lite for IPhone (acting as the server) and the tracks work. (But don’t sound nearly as good as Bubbleupnp /MacBook Pro as server) 

On Qobuz I recently purchased an album by Delphine Galou "Vivaldi : Arie e cantate per contralto" which was identified as Hirez 96/24. When I proceed downloading it, downloader identified the format as "FLAC SMR" and it resulted in album size of ~450mb. 

As it is unusually small for 96/24 FLAC I proceeded to download it as AIFF (download Size 2 gb) and converted it into Apple Lossless (album size 1.15gb). 

Any idea as to why FLAC album download size is too small - is it truly 96/24? Mediainfo indicates that it is 1,114kb/s, 96.0 kHz, 24 bits, 2 channels, FLAC.

I subscribed to Sublime+ this week. Been using the Qobuz desktop application in both Windows and Mac.

When adding an album to the queue while an album is currently playing, the application stops playback for a couple of seconds during the last track of the currently playing album. Neither Roon nor JRiver do this (when accessing local files on a hard drive).

Is there a way to correct this behavior?

Software: HQPlayer | JRiver | Fidelizer Pro | Roon | Qobuz

Music Server: i7 6700K (Windows 10) | DAC: T+A DAC8 DSD, Marantz SA 14S-1, Schitt Yggdrasil | Preamp: DIY AMB alpha24 Fully-differential line amp | Amp: DIY M3 Balanced or DIY Tube Amp (2A3-300B) | Headphone: Shure SRH-1840, Audeze LCD-X, AKG K-501, Sennheiser HD600, HD800 | Speakers: Klipsch Heresey III

17 hours ago, Argopo said:

I subscribed to Sublime+ this week. Been using the Qobuz desktop application in both Windows and Mac.

When adding an album to the queue while an album is currently playing, the application stops playback for a couple of seconds during the last track of the currently playing album. Neither Roon nor JRiver do this (when accessing local files on a hard drive).

I have never seen that here and have been using the app and sublime+ for ages but I tend to add albums up front in a long list of literally browse tracks while looking for new artists/albums etc. and so if it's a tightly limited fault then maybe I wouldn't see it. Sounds odd.

17 hours ago, Argopo said:

Hi

How did you add the album to the playqueue ? I need to do the same scenario for testing.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

5 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi

How did you add the album to the playqueue ? I need to do the same scenario for testing.

Regards

David,

Please see attached screenshot.

1. Start playing an album.

2. Click on Discover or Favourites tab. Select another album.

3. Click on the More "..." menu item. Click on "Add to queue."

4. Wait until the last track starts to play. Playback will pause/stop for a couple of seconds at the beginning of the track. (I assume while the next album loads, or is saved to the cache?)

20201030_qobuz_addtoqueue.thumb.png.9cf20e9b4f08babf1d09f54cd7c0f14e.png

Music Server: i7 6700K (Windows 10) | DAC: T+A DAC8 DSD, Marantz SA 14S-1, Schitt Yggdrasil | Preamp: DIY AMB alpha24 Fully-differential line amp | Amp: DIY M3 Balanced or DIY Tube Amp (2A3-300B) | Headphone: Shure SRH-1840, Audeze LCD-X, AKG K-501, Sennheiser HD600, HD800 | Speakers: Klipsch Heresey III

On 10/30/2020 at 9:21 AM, Argopo said:

1. Start playing an album.

2. Click on Discover or Favourites tab. Select another album.

3. Click on the More "..." menu item. Click on "Add to queue."

4. Wait until the last track starts to play. Playback will pause/stop for a couple of seconds at the beginning of the track. (I assume while the next album loads, or is saved to the cache?)

I do not experience a pause between albums. Are you sure that it isn't silence at the beginning and/or end of the tracks? Watch the time counter during the transition. Does it freeze for a couple of seconds or does the next album continue from zero right away?

Nope. The last track will start to play then playback stops/pauses for a second or two then playback resumes.

Note that it occurs on the last track of the currently playing album. It is not a pause between albums. The final track just stops playing. As I stated above, I am assuming the queued album is being loaded or saved to cache which is causing the stoppage/pausing of playback.