IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

There was an update and the search function has been degraded again, particularly in the download store. It seems fuzzy criteria have been introduced to store search results and now we get all sorts of irrelevant results that make it difficult to find what one is looking for. A step backward.

6 hours ago, Polyglot said:

There was an update and the search function has been degraded again, particularly in the download store. It seems fuzzy criteria have been introduced to store search results and now we get all sorts of irrelevant results that make it difficult to find what one is looking for. A step backward.

Hi, can you send me an example please for the search ?

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

37 minutes ago, Jacco said:

Just got a Qobuz update on Android, which supposedly fixes a bug that I wasn't experiencing. Instead, it introduces a bug: Qobuz won't start anymore. Oneplus 6t, android 10, more details can be provided on request.

Screenshot_20201004-183836.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-183906.jpg

Can't find a edit function for my post, wanted to add that after uninstall and install Qobuz (5.12.0.8) works fine again. 

So this is a weird issue, I’m not sure if it’s related to Qobuz or maybe some other parts in my system.

I’m running Qobuz 5.4.4-b018 on Mac 10.14.6, running through Chord Mojo DAC over USB.

The problem I have is when I stream with 44kHz quality everything sounds great, and my DAC shows it’s indeed 44kHz, but when I switch to higher quality 96kHz, sound becomes blurry and lacks details, it feels worse than 320k MP3, even though my DAC shows it’s on 96kHz, but sonically it feels it’s a drop from CD quality down to 128k MP3. 

Next I tried to offline those two tracks, that solved the problem, when I play the tracks locally both sounded great, of course with 96kHz file a little bit more details.

So it feels like the problem comes from streaming 96kHz, I have tried a lot of things, nothing works.

Just to confirm that I do have that problem before it goes to my DAC, I also tried plugging headphones directly to my Macbook Pro, as wel as just playing with Macbook's onboard speaker, although the quality of the speakers are not even close to good, I can still hear playing 44kHz has much more detais than 96kHz ones. Just to clarify, anything higher than 44kHz will have this problem(48, 88, 96, 192).

I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar issue? Or anyone from Qobuz could offer some help?

Thanks a lot!

6 hours ago, ovspianist said:

So this is a weird issue, I’m not sure if it’s related to Qobuz or maybe some other parts in my system.

I’m running Qobuz 5.4.4-b018 on Mac 10.14.6, running through Chord Mojo DAC over USB.

The problem I have is when I stream with 44kHz quality everything sounds great, and my DAC shows it’s indeed 44kHz, but when I switch to higher quality 96kHz, sound becomes blurry and lacks details, it feels worse than 320k MP3, even though my DAC shows it’s on 96kHz, but sonically it feels it’s a drop from CD quality down to 128k MP3. 

Next I tried to offline those two tracks, that solved the problem, when I play the tracks locally both sounded great, of course with 96kHz file a little bit more details.

So it feels like the problem comes from streaming 96kHz, I have tried a lot of things, nothing works.

Just to confirm that I do have that problem before it goes to my DAC, I also tried plugging headphones directly to my Macbook Pro, as wel as just playing with Macbook's onboard speaker, although the quality of the speakers are not even close to good, I can still hear playing 44kHz has much more detais than 96kHz ones. Just to clarify, anything higher than 44kHz will have this problem(48, 88, 96, 192).

I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar issue? Or anyone from Qobuz could offer some help?

Thanks a lot!

Actually right after posting this I tried updating my system to the latest, and that finally solved the issue completely.

So if anyone suffers from the same issue, maybe an update is all you need.

9 hours ago, ovspianist said:

Actually right after posting this I tried updating my system to the latest, and that finally solved the issue completely.

So if anyone suffers from the same issue, maybe an update is all you need.

Hi,

What did you update ? The OS ?

Regards

Quick update question for David Craff or another Qobuz (UK preferably) if I may ask if there has been any progress on upnp playback that would allow me to use the Qobuz app on my windows PC and push it to play on my Linn DS? I know I can use the Linn app to go and subsequently find the same albums but would use this feature if it was working. I know it was in beta before but development was halted due to Qobuz concerns protecting the files etc. 

10 minutes ago, Martin H said:

Quick update question for David Craff or another Qobuz (UK preferably) if I may ask if there has been any progress on upnp playback that would allow me to use the Qobuz app on my windows PC and push it to play on my Linn DS? I know I can use the Linn app to go and subsequently find the same albums but would use this feature if it was working. I know it was in beta before but development was halted due to Qobuz concerns protecting the files etc. 

Hi, no news about UPnP, Stand by for the moment. Next release of Desktop will concern protection audio.

6 hours ago, David Craff said:

Securing the audio stream

Please convey the thought that if "securing the audio stream" involves fouling up the existing UPnP integration offered by Audirvana, mconnect, and BubbleUPnP as a few examples, you will very likely have a bunch of former subscribers on your hands rather quickly.

We've waited a long time for Qobuz's own "beta" UPnP feature to go someplace, and it just hasn't moved along at all. In fact, it should be removed entirely, something is not in "beta" form when it has never actually worked at all.

Just about no one has an actual computer running desktop applications in every room of their house in which they listen to music, hence the need for proper UPnP integration, which the above mentioned and others have managed to offer while Qobuz has not. If "securing the audio stream" removes that capability, I know I'm not the only one who will have no further use for Qobuz at all.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

2 hours ago, Ran said:

In what way? It takes 10 seconds to route Qobuz audio from the browser to any interface. 

In my words, not theirs.  Qobuz have to ensure that they ensure the files streamed remain secure to protect the artists, labels and themselves. Seems more than reasonable and I certainly don’t want people to steal from the artists. I believe (again my words) that the upnp implementation required further foundation work prior to being completed and so work was paused. 

The rerouting that I suspect you are describing does not sustain the highest quality that a full upnp solution/implementation should. I.e. directing full 24bit 192k. It is fine but just seems to defeat the point.

Personally I would far rather use Qobuz windows app which I really like to explore the Qobuz collections but when it comes to playing them I want to hear them at their best on my upnp device I.e. the Linn DS a round the house. I can currently get the sound there but not at its best. So that’s why I was asking. 

cheers.  

21 minutes ago, Jud said:

The meaning I took from David is that protecting/securing the streaming files is an entirely separate effort from anything to do with UPnP, and one only affects the other to the extent that work on one may mean less engineering/development time devoted to the other.

Again, my understanding, it’s more likely that it has precede fixing upnp.

2 hours ago, Martin H said:

In my words, not theirs.  Qobuz have to ensure that they ensure the files streamed remain secure to protect the artists, labels and themselves. Seems more than reasonable and I certainly don’t want people to steal from the artists. I believe (again my words) that the upnp implementation required further foundation work prior to being completed and so work was paused. 

You well understand. UPnP Will be studied  and implemented if it meets the security constraints. If not, the functionality will be removed. For the moment we need to secure our application.

well I managed to get Audiophilestyle to get a dark theme and it rocks!  Now if we can just get Qobuz to do the same!   I put in a request, maybe if others do the same we can make some progress.