IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

Really?  How?

I just asked haha.  He got it done with in 1 hour of my asking ...  if you want to change it go down to the bottom of the page and click on the theme drop down and select dark mode! 

7 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

There is a track sequencing error for the following release:

Bach: Brandenburg Concertos - Academy of Ancient Music and Richard Egarr

The track listed as Disc 1, Track 10 rightly belongs in between Disc 2, Tracks 7 and 8, as appears on the SACD version of this album.

Hi

I forward your return to our supply chain...

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, dmackta said:

Cuneiform is one of the GREAT independent labels and I've worked with and known Steve the owner for many years. He does not allow his catalog to be streamed. Period, end. I gave up trying to convince him.

Probably a very stupid question. But doesn’t the artist have any influence on such a matter ?

@David Craff

Have you ever looked into if DSD files could offered as a streaming service ?

Including upsampled and converted PCM files ?

I suppose SACD is impossible to offer as an streaming service as of DRM and similar. Correct ?

BTW. Just discovered this 👍

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-multi-channel-albums/99491/15

Not sure how easy it is to find them. Didn’t seems to be a link in Qobuz website. 

50 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Why Qobuz desktop application (Windows 10) playlist playback doesn't change sample frequency when the new track originally has different resolution (ex. from 44.1 to 96.00)

Hi,

We have identified a problem with the change in quality from one track to another, on DAC able to display this information. This will be corrected

Regards

@David Craff -- the following two albums have an issue -- the first track does not play (i use roon), but the subsequent tracks do.

image.thumb.png.68c43527b2571ce96707f71fd298d180.png

image.thumb.png.42ce44122c6df7da4986e34e7e9bbca0.png

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Sort  of new to Qobuz. 

I am wondering about beta support for UPnP/DLNA in the Qobuz Windows application. 

I have a Hegel H390 connected to my network. When using the Mac OS Qobuz app I see a section called DLNA / UPnP under audio output - and there I see the Hegel.   I do not see this under audio output on the Windows version. 

Is this as expected?  Or do I have a firewall issue?  Or some other problem? 

3 hours ago, pairustwo said:

Sort  of new to Qobuz. 

I am wondering about beta support for UPnP/DLNA in the Qobuz Windows application. 

I have a Hegel H390 connected to my network. When using the Mac OS Qobuz app I see a section called DLNA / UPnP under audio output - and there I see the Hegel.   I do not see this under audio output on the Windows version. 

Is this as expected?  Or do I have a firewall issue?  Or some other problem? 

did you search in the thread?  your answer is one page back!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
16 hours ago, jcn3 said:

@David Craff -- the following two albums have an issue -- the first track does not play (i use roon), but the subsequent tracks do.

image.thumb.png.68c43527b2571ce96707f71fd298d180.png

image.thumb.png.42ce44122c6df7da4986e34e7e9bbca0.png

Hi,

For this two albums we doesn't have the right to play somes tracks, as you can see in the screenshot (grey track can't be play)

image.thumb.png.91e32862da9f104457b9bd1010934afe.png

6 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

For this two albums we doesn't have the right to play somes tracks, as you can see in the screenshot (grey track can't be play)

image.thumb.png.91e32862da9f104457b9bd1010934afe.png

wow that's interesting.  the tracks are NOT greyed out in roon . . . . are we to assume that info is not being provided to roon?

not sure why anyone would provide incomplete pieces of music as part of a streaming subscription.  is the intent to be a sampler and for users to go and buy the album?

A couple albums by The Hollies (Essential, and 50 At Fifty) have some tracks (but not all) mistakenly tagged for the artist field as Ron Richards or Simaen Skofield. I noticed this when I added them to a playlist sorted by artist name and found them in the wrong order. Yet some tracks from both those albums are correctly tagged as The Hollies. Weird. Guess whoever did the metadata input entered the composer name in the artist name field.

EDIT: I see the same problem occurring with the same tracks for the Hollies album 20 Golden Greats. Which leads me to suspect that if the same song appearing in several different artist "Best Of" compilations is listed as the wrong artist in all cases, has the supplier of the digital versions of these albums just cobbled together tracks from a single album to appear on distinct and different comp albums which ought to be mastered from distinct sources, if you follow what I mean.

See screenshot. Note I am showing the playlist as appears in my Audirvana player, but the same issue is seen if I open with Qobuz desktop (which I do not use because it has too many playback issues whereas I stream Qobuz dependably in Audirvana)...

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel