IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

13 hours ago, brother love said:

Thank @left channel. I had bookmarked that hifizine link this morning, & downloaded the BubbleUPnP Server on the mini PC, but couldn't get it going (got hung up on the media renderer details). Diagram shows it to be installed on music server. May fiddle w/ it so more later.

Thanks for the good info @Cebolla ! I downloaded the Audiophile UPnP earlier today, but it was missing a couple .dll files (cause it's 32 bit instead of 64 bit I think).  Will dig deeper into that option tomorrow. 👍

May be you missed the instruction on the Audiophile UPnP Renderer website that it needs the Microsoft Visual C++ x86 redistributable package for Visual Studio 2015 installed. Also make sure you have the latest AR version (v2.3).

BTW, the BubbleUPnP Server requires Java 8 or above installed - it might be best to see if you can get the BubbleUPnP Server working together with the UPnP renderer on the Atom first before moving it to the ideal location on your Linux server (requires a slightly more complex installation).

I'd also suggest the same if you later decide to try out @left channel's other suggestion of using the Logitech Media Server with the Squeezelite player for Qobuz, as LMS is a bit more complicated to install on Linux than on Windows, especially regarding its dependency on Perl.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Incidentally, LMS can also be used with standard UPnP/DLNA renderers like AR for Qobuz (requires the UPnP/DLNA Bridge 3rd party LMS plugin as well as the Qobuz one), so should be worth trying that with LMS as an alternative to Squeezelte on the Atom.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Trialling Qobuz Studio Premier with Roon.

Ive been using Tidal Hifi stream with Roon for a year or so with no issues.

Twice now in 3 days, Qobuz has frozen/ hung with an error message saying “ this track is not available on Qobuz” or words to that affect. Only cure is to reboot the Mac Mini.

my system is........

BT Ultrafast fibre. 
2015 MacMini as the Roon endpoint, wired to the router.

Optical cable to a Bel Canto DAC.

So far, I’m liking Qobuz for its sound quality, the amount of Hi-Res albums & the lack of promotion of music which I detest, as per Tidal.

However, if the freezing issue is a common problem, I’ll have to stick with Tidal.
I assume this is a Qobuz or Qobuz/Roon interface issue.

Has anyone else encountered the same thing?

Got an update for Qobuz on the Google play store earlier today, but it wouldn't install. I'm glad the app is still on my phone, version 5.11.0.2. When I check the play store now, Qobuz app cannot be found at all(?!)

Although I'm sure it'll all be OK, just wondering what's going on. 

1 hour ago, Jacco said:

Got an update for Qobuz on the Google play store earlier today, but it wouldn't install. I'm glad the app is still on my phone, version 5.11.0.2. When I check the play store now, Qobuz app cannot be found at all(?!)

Although I'm sure it'll all be OK, just wondering what's going on. 

We know about this, some weird shit with Google but hopefully resolved soon.

Anyone else having problems with the Qobuz plugin in Daphile? It was working fine til two days ago. I can see all favourites and playlists for Qobuz but it refuses to play songs. Repeated this on a different PC and had exactly the same results. Local music files play as normal, as does Soundcloud and Spotify plugins, but Qobuz doesnt. 

Not sure if this is the thread to post about album problems but trying anyway.  Was trying to play Otis Rush Right Place Wrong Time and it only plays 30 second samples as MP3 as far as I can tell.  The description page says it is available at CD quality.  Finally gave up and picked a different album, Lost Blues is playing fine at CD quality, and the whole songs, not just 30 second snippets. 

Kyhl

12 hours ago, Kyhl said:

Not sure if this is the thread to post about album problems but trying anyway.  Was trying to play Otis Rush Right Place Wrong Time and it only plays 30 second samples as MP3 as far as I can tell.  The description page says it is available at CD quality.  Finally gave up and picked a different album, Lost Blues is playing fine at CD quality, and the whole songs, not just 30 second snippets. 

Kyhl

If you look closely at the track titles you'll notice they're all gray instead of black. That means they're not available for streaming except in 30-second MP3 samples. The "Available in" icon teases that maybe you can stream or buy the album in CD-quality, yet the Buy button is also grayed out and says it's not available for purchase either. @dmackta is there anything that can be done about a confusing situation like this? That album isn't really there.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:01 AM, left channel said:

If you look closely at the track titles you'll notice they're all gray instead of black. That means they're not available for streaming except in 30-second MP3 samples. The "Available in" icon teases that maybe you can stream or buy the album in CD-quality, yet the Buy button is also grayed out and says it's not available for purchase either. @dmackta is there anything that can be done about a confusing situation like this? That album isn't really there.

It's a known issue that is being worked on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have problem with desktop app for OSX no longer working on my Mac.--I have been a member for a year and though buggy I could always get it to work-No more.  I get no response from Qobuz and have tried everything from deleting app and reloading . have tried different browsers as Qobuz has told me that they have problems with Safari.All I get now is a blank white screen. Apple did a trouble shoot with me and they say it is a qobuz software problem. I have no problem with Tidal/Spotify/apple itunes or the qobuz web app except that in order to surf the web or use the computer I must use a separate browser. Any insights would be appreciated.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, [email protected] said:

Have problem with desktop app for OSX no longer working on my Mac.--I have been a member for a year and though buggy I could always get it to work-No more.  I get no response from Qobuz and have tried everything from deleting app and reloading . have tried different browsers as Qobuz has told me that they have problems with Safari.All I get now is a blank white screen. Apple did a trouble shoot with me and they say it is a qobuz software problem. I have no problem with Tidal/Spotify/apple itunes or the qobuz web app except that in order to surf the web or use the computer I must use a separate browser. Any insights would be appreciated.

No problem my end with Mac OS desktop app. Not that help you I guess.

Here's a strange one, at least in the US. 

Sarah Bareilles album Amidst the Chaos says Hi-Res version only available in download. That's fine. However, I didn't see a CD quality version available for streaming when looking on her artist page. I searched for the album and found the Hi-Res bonus version of the album and it's available or streaming. 

standard version.jpg

bonus version.jpg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Here's a strange one, at least in the US. 

Sarah Bareilles album Amidst the Chaos says Hi-Res version only available in download. That's fine. However, I didn't see a CD quality version available for streaming when looking on her artist page. I searched for the album and found the Hi-Res bonus version of the album and it's available or streaming. 

That is a strange one. Label deliveries and the Qobuz system sometimes don't get on that well. I will look into this. 

I am not sure if there is a different thread focusing on issues with particular files as opposed to issues with the player itself, but this pertains to two albums which are listed as CD quality in the album description (both in the Qobuz Windows player and the Qobuz store) yet when I play them in the Qobuz player they show up in the bottom playback bar as MP3 320kbps files. I have never seen this before but maybe I just failed to notice it. I have the Qobuz player audio settings to 192 kHz in accord with the capacity of my DAC and other files will play at the correct sampling rate whether CD quality or higher. So it appears to be an issue with these two albums, both on the Cuneiform label. I guess the supplier of your files didn't give you CD quality. I have Qobuz Studio and I have never seen anything listed in the Qobuz catalog at less than CD quality.

Mother Mallard's Portable Masterpiece Company: Like A Duck To Water, and 1970-1973

ducktowater.jpg

1970-1973.jpg

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

1 minute ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I am not sure if there is a different thread focusing on issues with particular files as opposed to issues with the player itself, but this pertains to two albums which are listed as CD quality in the album description (both in the Qobuz Windows player and the Qobuz store) yet when I play them in the Qobuz player they show up in the bottom playback bar as MP3 320kbps files. I have never seen this before but maybe I just failed to notice it. I have the Qobuz player audio settings to 192 kHz in accord with the capacity of my DAC and other files will play at the correct sampling rate whether CD quality or higher. So it appears to be an issue with these two albums, both on the Cuneiform label. I guess the supplier of your files didn't give you CD quality. I have Qobuz Studio and I have never seen anything listed in the Qobuz catalog at less than CD quality.

Mother Mallard's Portable Masterpiece Company: Like A Duck To Water, and 1970-1973

ducktowater.jpg

1970-1973.jpg

The length of the tracks is 30 seconds, so it’s a sample and those are always MP3. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

So if I am a subscriber to Qobuz studio and the albums are listed in the catalog, why can I only hear samples (as though I were not a subscriber)? It seems like if Qobuz does not have the full albums available to stream and/or purchase then the albums should be removed from the catalog... or do I have to purchase the albums in order to hear them in full, and I cannot stream them even though I am a subscriber? I thought everything that is available for purchase as a download is also available to stream (though I know that the reverse is not always true, there are albums I can stream but are not available to buy).

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

8 minutes ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

So if I am a subscriber to Qobuz studio and the albums are listed in the catalog, why can I only hear samples (as though I were not a subscriber)? It seems like if Qobuz does not have the full albums available to stream and/or purchase then the albums should be removed from the catalog... or do I have to purchase the albums in order to hear them in full, and I cannot stream them even though I am a subscriber? I thought everything that is available for purchase as a download is also available to stream (though I know that the reverse is not always true, there are albums I can stream but are not available to buy).

Could be a rights issue from territory to territory. 

Yes, that is a possibility. Just never encountered this before, everything I've attempted to play in Qobuz has been full tracks, not samples. FWIW Cuneiform is a US label and I'm in the US... who knows who handles their digital distribution or what the streaming rights are from one country to another. Thanks for your replies.

6 minutes ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

Yes, that is a possibility. Just never encountered this before, everything I've attempted to play in Qobuz has been full tracks, not samples. FWIW Cuneiform is a US label and I'm in the US... who knows who handles their digital distribution or what the streaming rights are from one country to another. Thanks for your replies.

All the stuff from Cuneiform is grayed out / samples for me too.