IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

3 hours ago, Richard Dale said:

OK, thanks. I don't want to use a VPN but I expect to login with my username and password in the UK. I wouldn't expect my subscription to fully work in somewhere like the USA, because of the very different copyright regime to Spain, but I was hoping that different parts of Europe would have a more compatible copyright regime.

The UK's always been different to the rest of the EU with regards music industry copyright and the uncertainty surrounding Brexit (remember that?) doesn't help.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 5/2/2020 at 6:03 PM, dmackta said:

Guys these Chromecast issues are known to us and should be largely fixed in upcoming app updates. 

Well, that was a complete waste of time on my part then - taking a screenshot & posting it here and three conversations with support, which I wrongly imagined were helpful.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:37 AM, Richter Di said:

Hi @David Craff, everything works- again a big thank you - with one small exception. I have quite often 1-second pauses in songs. Every 30 minutes or so. How do I send this to the tec team?

Just make a screenshot with you fiio, this will send information to the tech team.

REgards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, Mark Dirac said:

This problem also occurs for me from Windows 10. I also get a bewildering message:

"The current session on chromecast is not synchronizable with the player, do you still want to start listening?" (see attached screenshot)

Easily-repeatedly, and for years. It's a strange problem:

• As you say, Qobuz support seem to be completely unable to understand the problem. I reckon the few people I spoke with have no idea at all what a Chromecast is.
  • When I reported it here before, there was no interest. No one else seemed to have noticed the problem.
  • But someone was interested in telling me that I shouldn't use Windows.

So, years later, it is disappointing that such a potentially attractive way of connecting from a PC (or Mac) to a DAC - and at 96k/24bit - is such a massive distraction from getting on and just listening to some music.

I would be grateful if at least @David Craffcould explain the error message please, and perhaps why is doesn't work and if there's any workaround. Or, in what limited circumstances it does work?

chromecast error message.jpg

Hi,

We are currently working on the Chromecast certification proposed by Google, with our mobile applications. It is currently being tested on mobile. Our desktop application will then be impacted and many problems should be corrected.

I don't have a date to give you at the moment. I hope however that this evolution will be available this summer.

Regards

On 5/1/2020 at 5:35 PM, cdr1 said:

Some of the albums for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers are not listed under Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  It would be helpful to have these combined.  Thanks.

Hi,

We are upgrading our meta data, and this demand is on the list. Wait a little this must be available soon.

Regards

6 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

We are currently working on the Chromecast certification proposed by Google, with our mobile applications. It is currently being tested on mobile. Our desktop application will then be impacted and many problems should be corrected.

I don't have a date to give you at the moment. I hope however that this evolution will be available this summer.

Regards

Thanks David. That's very helpful to know.

Don't be so quick with your sarcasm Chris @The Computer Audiophile. That's well over 3 hours of my life lost. I have been a loyal and constructive supporter of Qobuz for years, including paying them $1,000 during the years when their fees were high and their financial stability low. This Chromecast problem has been extant for years. I have spent hours doing my own fault-finding, researching the problem on the web, testing if the problem is with Qobuz, Google, Windows or my PC, and having several lengthy phone conversations with Google. At all times I have taken great pains (and time Chris) to ensure that my written reports are clear, unambiguous and comprehensive, in order to assist Google and Qobuz in working towards a solution.

So, here's a suggestion: There are long-standing bugs in the Qobuz ecosystem. Would it be so difficult to provide a good-old simple bug list of the most common outstanding problems, to save customers needing to spend so much time researching the issues they encounter? The list doesn't need to include petty bugs, or rare bugs, or short-term easily-fixed bugs. But a list of a dozen or so of the problems which Qobuz's customers are encountering time and time again would be a appreciative response to customers filing support requests and getting nowhere.

12 hours ago, Don Blas De Lezo said:

What is this Chromecast you speak of ?  I have heard legends but nothing else .... perhaps you should direct your frustration towards the Chromecast and save either 10 minutes or 3 hours of your precious listening time no ?    :)  

Hi,

We are aware about different issue with Chromecast. However, these problems do not affect all users. But they are present in some scenarios of Qobuz use.

Keep cool and listen in Hi-Res :)

When I brought back my modem to US West the majority of the customers were there to terminate their service. Less than a year later I have recouped the modem purchase price by reducing my monthly charge. US West has been the worst service provider, across the board, all categories, that I have ever experienced.

SSH

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow. 

See if CenturyLink is available in your area. 1 Gbps up/down for $65 per month on this side of town :~)

I checked. 40mbps is all that’s available here from CenturyLink. 

No electron left behind.

On 5/4/2020 at 4:41 PM, David Craff said:

Just make a screenshot with you fiio, this will send information to the tech team.

REgards

Okay @David Craff, how does making a screenshot work in giving meaningful feedback. So how does the screenshot of my playlist conveys to the tech people that although the playlist is shown as completely downloaded there are many songs which are not and I have to download them by hand. And that the function download the rest of the playlist does not work at all? Or does sometimes the file is shown as downloaded in the playlist but it says it can not play thi s format (which CD quality) and I should try again with a different format and then I have do delete the local download and re-download. Or the strange pauses which sometimes occur in every song?

This all is transmitted with the screenshot? Great. I send onen.

Hi @David Craff

I am using latest Qobuz Desktop on macOS Catalina 10.15.4

When I have add track/s to play 'next' that are different sample rate, it changes the sample rate of the CURRENT track to that which was just added 'next'.

So if I am playing 44.1kHz now and I add a 96k track for 'play next', the current track changes from 44.1k to 96k (as indicated by my DAC's incoming sample rate)

When I use Qobuz via Roon and Audirvana, no such issues. Exclusive Mode is working properly. So it's not a DAC issue.

So it's something to do with Qobuz Desktop app.

See attached

image.png.ababeb706f8e1b1de04de3ae99f73c01.png

Hi,

I did not read the complete thread, so maybe this has been addressed before and in this case I apologise.

I have Mac with Audirvana 3.5.33 and a free 3-month-Qobuz HiFi-trial.

All is working so far perfectly.

But I came across a strange thing:

On the Audirvana Qobuz integration there seem some albums appear twice. There seems to be no discernable difference between both. Both are Redbook quality, it is not that one is HighRes and the other not. The release date off both seems to be the same and both seem to be released by the same company.

So what is happening here?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

6 minutes ago, matthias said:

Hi,

I did not read the complete thread, so maybe this has been addressed before and in this case I apologise.

I have Mac with Audirvana 3.5.33 and a free 3-month-Qobuz HiFi-trial.

All is working so far perfectly.

But I came across a strange thing:

On the Audirvana Qobuz integration there seem some albums appear twice. There seems to be no discernable difference between both. Both are Redbook quality, it is not that one is HighRes and the other not. The release date off both seems to be the same and both seem to be released by the same company.

So what is happening here?

Thanks

Matt

I dont know why it happens, but I see this in Roon and Qobuz as well. Nothing is really wrong, it's just that Qobuz has two copies of the album there for some reason.

No electron left behind.