IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

7 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I dont know why it happens, but I see this in Roon and Qobuz as well. Nothing is really wrong, it's just that Qobuz has two copies of the album there for some reason.

Thanks,

but what are the differences between the copies and why is there no disclosure?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

I don't know, there may not be any differences.

When there are no differences it makes no sense to offer two copies.

Matt

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

There are a lot of albums in their library, I am sure it happens from time to time and in due time will be fixed.

Is there any official comment from Qobuz about?

Matt

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Does it matter?

I think yes, it is strange. The customer is forced to decide which one to select for playing and for what reasons.

IMO, it is annoying because sometimes there maybe differences and sometimes not.

Matt

Just now, matthias said:

I think yes, it is strange. The customer is forced to decide which one to select for playing and for what reasons.

IMO, it is annoying.

Matt

Must be difficult to be forced to make such decisions...

No electron left behind.

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Must be difficult to be forced to make such decisions...

It is similar if you would like to buy a new Porsche and the same model is offered twice on their HP for no obvious reasons.

Matt

1 minute ago, matthias said:

It is similar if you would like to buy a new Porsche and the same model is offered twice on their HP for no obvious reasons.

Matt

Not really, if they're identical just pick one and go drive...

No electron left behind.

12 minutes ago, matthias said:

The customer is forced to decide which one to select for playing and for what reasons.

IMO, it is annoying because sometimes there maybe differences and sometimes not.

The customer is always right so it doesn't matter which they choose. 

I'll give you some illustrative feedback.  Qobuz (fallible) adds millions of tracks provided by the labels (fallible) without making any changes.  From scratch, the entire catalog.  Somehow somewhere along the line the labels started double billing mixing up what they had sent and doubles, shudder, or triples of the same album appeared. 

Qobuz staff have noted on this very thread multiple times they are aware of the inconsinstency that came about.  They are running a service through the entire catalog to fix multiple entries and bad metadata/photos.  You can rest easy this annoyance will be handled in due time.  

Life, and uninterrupted streaming, go on.

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Not really, if they're identical just pick one and go drive...

Agree,

if you know that they are identical, but if there are differences without disclosure.......

Matt

13 minutes ago, matthias said:

Agree,

if you know that they are identical, but if there are differences without disclosure.......

Matt

Heres some helpful advice for you.

Can you fix it? If yes, do it, if no, then don't worry about it.

No electron left behind.

13 hours ago, matthias said:

Hi,

I did not read the complete thread, so maybe this has been addressed before and in this case I apologise.

I have Mac with Audirvana 3.5.33 and a free 3-month-Qobuz HiFi-trial.

All is working so far perfectly.

But I came across a strange thing:

On the Audirvana Qobuz integration there seem some albums appear twice. There seems to be no discernable difference between both. Both are Redbook quality, it is not that one is HighRes and the other not. The release date off both seems to be the same and both seem to be released by the same company.

So what is happening here?

Thanks

Matt

Is there any additional info when you view those albums in the Qobuz Desktop app? Maybe different details like release date that doesn't show in Audirvana? e.g. different mastering?

18 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Is there any additional info when you view those albums in the Qobuz Desktop app? Maybe different details like release date that doesn't show in Audirvana? e.g. different mastering?

This is a good question.

I can download the desktop app and compare.

AFAIK, Qobuz via Audirvana delivers the same info about the albums as Qobuz desktop.

Anyway, I would be nice to get some disclosure from Qobuz about this issue.

Matt

Hi-

Anyone else have issues with Qobuz streaming today? I rarely have a problem, but today I'm getting frequent dropouts and even outright loss of connection. 

My internet speed seems to be okay, and I'm not having any other issues except for with Qobuz.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

12 minutes ago, firedog said:

Hi-

Anyone else have issues with Qobuz streaming today? I rarely have a problem, but today I'm getting frequent dropouts and even outright loss of connection. 

My internet speed seems to be okay, and I'm not having any other issues except for with Qobuz.

Qobuz app or integration with another app?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

52 minutes ago, firedog said:

Hi-

Where are you located? I am in Washington DC. I have had odd Qobuz behavior for the past two days. The music stops and then skip to the next track. I am running QB via Roon. Later today I will try Roon again and also the QB standalone app. I will also try playing local files from my Roon server. AFAIK my Internet has been solid. I did a speed test when I got the drop outs and it was normal.

Perhaps QB servers are getting hammered due to so many folks staying home?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Qobuz app or integration with another app?

Within Roon. I also tried the standalone Windows app; it was better but also not as smooth as usual. Mourip's description fits exactly what my situation is.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 5/8/2020 at 6:25 AM, asdf1000 said:

Hi @David Craff

I am using latest Qobuz Desktop on macOS Catalina 10.15.4

When I have add track/s to play 'next' that are different sample rate, it changes the sample rate of the CURRENT track to that which was just added 'next'.

So if I am playing 44.1kHz now and I add a 96k track for 'play next', the current track changes from 44.1k to 96k (as indicated by my DAC's incoming sample rate)

When I use Qobuz via Roon and Audirvana, no such issues. Exclusive Mode is working properly. So it's not a DAC issue.

So it's something to do with Qobuz Desktop app.

See attached

image.png.ababeb706f8e1b1de04de3ae99f73c01.png

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback, we will look at this.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.