IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, jcn3 said:

I think you'd have better luck if you tagged him properly. It should look like this: @wdw.

This is not a Qobuz sponsored thread (note that Chris started it), so David doesn't have an obligation to check this thread.

Tried to tag his name but am a novice so it posted as shown...here we go  @David Craff

To your comments above, it is obvious this is not a sponsored thread but post the question for my benefit and for the many other Canadians who may be interested in the reply.  

If I attempt to log into Qobuz I get a large static image and the note, in big letters,;

"Qobuz isn't available in your country.  If yo wish to be notified.....when...etc...etc)".  

Hence my question on this thread.  

Here is something weird. I don't know if it's been pointed out before, but there are two Hi-Res versions of Passion by Peter Gabriel on Qobuz. One of them has the correct track sequence and the other does not. I was streaming it this morning and it wasn't immediately obvious, the first song is the same on both versions, and some of the musical themes recur throughout the album. But by the end of the album I knew that the sequence was not the one I remember. So I checked my CD copy, I looked up the track listing for this album on Wikipedia and on Peter Gabriel's website and those all match up. It is just this one odd version on Qobuz that is wrong. Why Qobuz has two different hi-res versions in their streaming library is a mystery. They're both 24/96. And I don't think there was an earlier hi-res version, since all of PG's albums only recently became available in 24/96.

Anyone who is familiar with this album and has Qobuz in the US, please check this out and confirm my findings. And anyone in Qobuz reading this, please remove the incorrect version!

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

19 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I don't know if it's been pointed out before, but there are two Hi-Res versions of

Is that an issue or an anomaly?  Were you unable to play the album, log in, lost some vital functionality, ....

Using the search function would have provided the requisite amount of insight towards what the only and inevitable answer to you could be.  They are already involved in the slow process of removing all the repeated listings that got through for one reason or another while incorporating the large amount of daily new entries from the labels.  

1 hour ago, rando said:

Is that an issue or an anomaly?  Were you unable to play the album, log in, lost some vital functionality, ....

Using the search function would have provided the requisite amount of insight towards what the only and inevitable answer to you could be.  They are already involved in the slow process of removing all the repeated listings that got through for one reason or another while incorporating the large amount of daily new entries from the labels.  

Anomaly. No lack of functioning. If there is a different thread or a formal page or procedure for reporting such anomalies, please provide such, and I will make use of it in the future. Thanks.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

On 3/14/2020 at 1:54 AM, wdw said:

@David Craff

Asked this question of you in a few pages back, and also many pages ago, but was unanswered...as we in Canada have no way to log into the Qobuz web page since the region restrictions give us the silly and patronizing message...it appears you logging in from a country, etc.....would you please advise if Qobuz has any intention of offering your service in Canada and, if so, at what timeline.  

Long ago, you posted that it would be six to eight weeks following the US release but this has proved to be laughable so I am just seeking some timeline.

As a former owner of the French produced Devialet, an amazingly wonderful musical piece of gear, I am used to the very unique and binary French notion of customer service:

positive: a gallic shrug 

negative: indifference (and possible raised middle finger)

So I ask again, to you the North American representative for Qobuz, kindly respond with some thoughtful statement as to a timelime....if you're planning the gallic shrug....forgettaboutit....

Hi,

Sorry I'm not the best person to answer this question, so I'll leave it to @dmackta Dan Mackta, our Managing Director USA.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

To add to my previous post about the album Passion, the version with the correct track sequence is labeled as High Res but when playing the files they are designated as 16/44.1 (according to the playback info on Qobuz app, Audirvana and on my DAC). This version also bears an earlier release date of June 4, 1989. So in sum, the new and authentically high res version has the wrong track order. As I said, I would report this in the appropriate place, I mentioned it here in the Official Qobuz Issues thread because I thought it would get the attention of someone in a position to correct the error, given that Qobuz staff read what's posted here.

I've been using Qobuz on my Mac (currently macos Catalina 10.15.3) for about 8 months and have yet to find a good solution for tracks that have stop loading.  I'll be listening to many tracks without a problem and then one will get about 10 or 15 seconds into a track and then it just stops playing.  In place of the "play" triangle is a spinning circle that never stops spinning and the loading progress will not change.  Starting another song and then going back to the original song doesn't fix anything and neither does clearing the cache.  I simply have to just stop listening to that song and move on to another.  I would appreciate any insight regarding dealing with this issue.  Thanks.

Along the same lines of streaming issues I just experienced a track stopping every five or so seconds.  The track is loading, but moves a very tiny fraction of the bar forward every 15 to 20 seconds. At this rate I'd say it would take close to 10 minutes to load the track and it is usually just a 16 bit track. My current download speed is 208 Mbps so the load time should be only a couple seconds.  I'd appreciate anyone's insight as to how to address this issue.  Thanks.

@David Craff I just came across the keyboard shortcuts section in the Qobuz app for macos.  In the "Global actions" section at the top the third and fourth shortcuts list the key "MAJ".  I had to do some searching online to find out that it is a keyboard abbreviation of French for "Uppercase".  Since all of the instructions are in English I thought it would be helpful to at least add "(SHIFT)" next to "MAJ" or to replace it all together.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:31 AM, kevlar397 said:

@David Craff I just came across the keyboard shortcuts section in the Qobuz app for macos.  In the "Global actions" section at the top the third and fourth shortcuts list the key "MAJ".  I had to do some searching online to find out that it is a keyboard abbreviation of French for "Uppercase".  Since all of the instructions are in English I thought it would be helpful to at least add "(SHIFT)" next to "MAJ" or to replace it all together.

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback. This issue is allready know and would be fix asap.

Regards

Installed the new Qobuz app (the one with the dark mode 5.6.2) on my FiiO M11, clearly in the hope that I finally could enjoy my Qobuz subscription on my FiiO M11.
All my hopes are gone, if anything it is worse. After I pressed the icon for the first time, it took approx.10 minutes to start for the first time. Then it asked me if I wanted to use the new dark mode. After I confirmed that it went „dark“ and again we are back to 10 minutes for starting. It is just horrible.
While streaming works downloads in simple 44.1 are still taking ages, compared to Amazon Music HD in Ultra HD or Spotify in the best quality. Very often they do not work at all and just stop.
Don`t forget the German Qobuz team recommended the FiiO M11: https://www.qobuz.com/ch-de/info/Hi-Fi/Bancs-d-essai/Best-of-Hi-Fi-2019-Die-besten-Hi182629
6 hours ago, Patatorz said:

@David Craff few month ago you were mentioning, answering one of my question, that family subscription for qobuz was in the pipe and would be perhaps ready in Q1. Any updates on that ?

thanks and take care.

The family subscription is still in progress. Take more time to negotiate with major. This to be available this summer.

Sorry for the delay.

@dmackta, will there be any coming enhancements to the Qobuz Android app? I thought it was slow and buggy on my older DAP (Fiio X7 Mk 2) running Android 5.1 but when I recently upgraded to a much faster DAP (Hiby R5) with a recent version of Android (8.1), Qobuz is just as slow and buggy.  I've heard for the longest time that it would be improved but it has not happend.

It's really unfortunate because the iPhone IOS app and the Mac Desktop app work fantastic. I'm really happy with those and the quality of the service in general - so much so that I committed to a year subscription....but man, can you get developers to fix the Android Qobuz app. 

I'd be happy to DM you with any specific feedback or issues I'm experiencing with Qobuz Android.

Can I ask a really dumb question about download album purchases?

When I buy an album in Qobuz, I click the green Download My Music button, then Qobuz generates a list of the tracks and the cover art.

I want to be able to download the album to my PC, then transfer it to my Aurender and phone. I don't want to mess around with the Qobuz player, that thing is confusing as hell. I just want to treat the files like any other album I have downloaded on my PC.

My problem is, there doesn't seem to be a way to download the whole album at once. Every damn time I end up downloading each individual track, then I assemble them all into a folder, it's driving me nuts. There's an option to "Download all the audio files in a Tar folder," which seems to be some sort of zip utility. Is that the only way to download the whole record, install some sort of Tar zip software?

I did a search here and in Google but didn't find anything dealing with this exact problem. The Qobuz Help Center search function is friggin' useless too. I'm sure there's something really simple that I've missed, but I can't figure out what it is. Thanks

Jeff

After 30 day trial period expired yesterday, I took the plunge & purchased an annual subscription to Qobuz Studio.

I posted in this thread a couple weeks ago & submitted request to Qobuz support, but no luck so far to address this issue:

I am unable to get 24/ 96 sampling from Qobuz Studio (only 16/ 44.1 thru Google Chrome web player or Nuvola Qobuz app to my i7-6700k Linux Ubuntu 18.04 music server). I have tried both Wi-Fi & ethernet hard-wired to no avail. If I connect a Windows 10 laptop w/ Qobuz app, I can play 24/96 using exclusive mode.

Any suggestions/ recommendations?  I appreciate the help.