IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, first time poster here. This sure seems to be a forum with a lot of knowledgeable people, so I hope someone can shed a light on the following issue.

In one of my rooms, I'm streaming Qobuz content on a Yamaha WXAD-10, using the Yamaha MusicCast app on Android. This used to work 100% fine, but since a week or so I have the following issue. In the MusicCast app, when I browse to Qobuz > Discover > All Genres (or any subgenre) -> New Releases (or any other choice), the albums that show up are all greyed out and cannot be selected for streaming. If I use the Search option instead and search for any of these albums greyed out in the view mentioned, it shows up normally and I can stream it.

I've tried a full factory reset of the WXAD-10, tried the app on another phone (also Android), both to no avail.

I don't know if there's someone else with such a setup who can check if he/she has the same issue? I really like the overview and easy way Qobuz lets me see and listen to new releases, so this is a bit of an inconvenience for me. Any ideas appreciated!

On 5/23/2020 at 10:59 AM, davidovada said:

L/C thank you for the help. The favorites grid I am referring to comes from Qobuz. It's what has worked for me for years with LMS. I had already posted this in the slim forum. Hopefully, this will be solved. It's interesting that it only happens when selecting an album at the bottom of the grid...older favorites by a few years. Given the tragedies occurring on a daily basis in our world, this problem ranks pretty low.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:48 PM, left channel said:

Agreed, not a significant tragedy, but an annoyance nonetheless. I suggest you also post more about this in the Qobuz streaming plugin thread instead of the Material thread.

@davidovada I've been following your conversation on the slimdevices forum. The problem was a limitation on the number of Favorites, and after you pointed this out to Michael now all is well. Yes?

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

24 minutes ago, left channel said:

@davidovada I've been following your conversation on the slimdevices forum. The problem was a limitation on the number of Favorites, and after you pointed this out to Michael now all is well. Yes?

ciao, L/C...the answer to your question is yes....................sort of. The Qobuz plug-in still acts erratically. So I'm no longer using it. Now that LMS 8 imports all of my Qobuz Favorites natively(and plays back flawlessly) under Material Skin I'm good. The only thing I miss is that the Qobuz plug-in shows which albums are hires. Not a big deal. So, I'm happy to now use the LMS solution(sans plug-in). There's an obvious problem somewhere with the Qobuz plugin, or me, or Qobuz. If I rapidly change album selections in the Qobuz plug-in, after the tenth query, it goes way off. I'm a simple guy. So this simple solution works for me. Thank you for keeping an eye on this.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

4 hours ago, davidovada said:

ciao, L/C...the answer to your question is yes....................sort of. The Qobuz plug-in still acts erratically. So I'm no longer using it. Now that LMS 8 imports all of my Qobuz Favorites natively(and plays back flawlessly) under Material Skin I'm good. The only thing I miss is that the Qobuz plug-in shows which albums are hires. Not a big deal. So, I'm happy to now use the LMS solution(sans plug-in). There's an obvious problem somewhere with the Qobuz plugin, or me, or Qobuz. If I rapidly change album selections in the Qobuz plug-in, after the tenth query, it goes way off. I'm a simple guy. So this simple solution works for me. Thank you for keeping an eye on this.

Interesting! So the remaining problem is: when you rapidly change album selections in the Qobuz plug-in, after the tenth query it goes way off. Michael was very responsive on the previous issue. If you post this new bug in the Qobuz plug-in support thread, I'm sure he or Pierre will look into it.

15 hours ago, left channel said:

Interesting! So the remaining problem is: when you rapidly change album selections in the Qobuz plug-in, after the tenth query it goes way off. Michael was very responsive on the previous issue. If you post this new bug in the Qobuz plug-in support thread, I'm sure he or Pierre will look into it.

ciao, L/C...It appears that the query problem is, thus far, unique to me. Michael was kind enough to resolve the issue of increasing the number of favorites in LMS 8. This "work around" solves my problem, since Qobuz is my single source of music. I have no local files. If someone else encounters this problem I'll gladly jump back in and try to help sort it out. I'm about to purchase an Aurelic Altair G1 and move to their Lightning DS app. Interestingly, Audirvana on my iMac works flawlessly, as does the Qobuz desktop app. For the moment, I'm cool. Thank you again for your kindness.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

On 5/26/2020 at 5:10 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

The Qobuz iOS app is streaming MP3 to my iPhone even though I have up to 24/192 selected via WiFi and you can see that I'm on WiFi in these screenshots. It's like the app thinks I'm on a mobile network. 

IMG_2127.jpeg IMG_2126.jpeg

Hi

Can you try with the beta release, available here https://testflight.apple.com/join/GPJZwnh9

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 5/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, David Craff said:

Hi,

Try to activate instabug when the issue appears. Lot's of log can be receive by the dev team.

Regards

Love to @David Craff

How and where to activate the instabug?

Wrote to the [email protected] team about the persisting problems but no answer so far.
BTW, I bought a Hiby R6 Pro in addition in the hope Qobuz would now work as expected.

Since I used the same Google account I automatically got the Qobuz beta app.

Exactly same problems. So it is not a FiiO M11 problem but a Qobuz problem.

3 hours ago, Richter Di said:

Love to @David Craff

How and where to activate the instabug?

Wrote to the [email protected] team about the persisting problems but no answer so far.
BTW, I bought a Hiby R6 Pro in addition in the hope Qobuz would now work as expected.

Since I used the same Google account I automatically got the Qobuz beta app.

Exactly same problems. So it is not a FiiO M11 problem but a Qobuz problem.

Hi,

The Qobuz beta integrate Instabug, so when you have the problem, use the command on the device to make a screenshot.

Regards

@David Craff and @dmackta, having now a FiiO M11 (Android 7) and a Hiby R6 Pro (Android 8.1 - only bought I can finally enjoy Qobuz with SPDIF digital to a DAC), I can compare side by side what is a Qobuz problem and what is a e.g. FiiO problem.

1. Not being able to import long playlists, clearly a Qobuz problem. E.g. http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/863606 or http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/1760486. Only approx half of the songs are imported before the whole app stops working. Asking the app nicely to import the rest often does not work. So you have to import the rest of the tracks one by one per hand.

2. Importing tracks in a way the playlist suddenly stops when playing back and being on Wifi. Qobuz problem again. If I shut of Wifi and play the same list with the same songs no interruptions. The inbetween checking on the Wifi from Qobuz is causing the problem

3. 1 second pauses with the lates beta software 5.9.0 on the FiiO M11 in almost any track - a FiiO issue. Never happened on the Hiby

Thank you for being here with us and helping as a customer interface. The normal [email protected] or [email protected] channel just does not work as the customer service agents only wish to “solve” the email but not to help to develop the software to a point where Qobuz is future safe, even with Amazon HD, Spotify and Tidal. So please stay with us, take our request seriously and make them heard in your company. I just invested over 500 EUR in hardware just for the purpose of finally being a happy Qobuz customer.

5 hours ago, Richter Di said:

@David Craff and @dmackta, having now a FiiO M11 (Android 7) and a Hiby R6 Pro (Android 8.1 - only bought I can finally enjoy Qobuz with SPDIF digital to a DAC), I can compare side by side what is a Qobuz problem and what is a e.g. FiiO problem.

1. Not being able to import long playlists, clearly a Qobuz problem. E.g. http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/863606 or http://open.qobuz.com/playlist/1760486. Only approx half of the songs are imported before the whole app stops working. Asking the app nicely to import the rest often does not work. So you have to import the rest of the tracks one by one per hand.

2. Importing tracks in a way the playlist suddenly stops when playing back and being on Wifi. Qobuz problem again. If I shut of Wifi and play the same list with the same songs no interruptions. The inbetween checking on the Wifi from Qobuz is causing the problem

3. 1 second pauses with the lates beta software 5.9.0 on the FiiO M11 in almost any track - a FiiO issue. Never happened on the Hiby

Thank you for being here with us and helping as a customer interface. The normal [email protected] or [email protected] channel just does not work as the customer service agents only wish to “solve” the email but not to help to develop the software to a point where Qobuz is future safe, even with Amazon HD, Spotify and Tidal. So please stay with us, take our request seriously and make them heard in your company. I just invested over 500 EUR in hardware just for the purpose of finally being a happy Qobuz customer.

PS: I can also throw in a FiiO M9 and Sony NW-ZX2 (both Android) which did work with Qobuz but I have given it up since they are both too slow, and a iPhone 11 Pro Max which works perfectly with Qobuz, so I know it should work in theory.

Hi, first time poster to the forum.

There's a real depth to this thread, interesting and positive to see how far qobuz is going to make the experience better.

V long time Spotify user for my music streaming, decided on qobuz free 30 day trial and have continued paying to get more comfortable with interface, migrating listening playlists etc. Sound quality is night and day on my home system.

I have chromecasts in various rooms, mixture of gen 2s and CCAs (also with some CCA multiroom speaker groups).

Couple of issues I've had when casting qobuz:

1.  When I start listening to a playlist, the qobuz app on my device controlling the cast doesn't update with the currently playing track, it remains on the first played track even though playback continues as normal. Interestingly, the Google Home app/notification correctly displays currently playing, it's the album art and track details don't update in the Listening window of the qobuz app. 

2. Had some issues with glitches in sound when streaming to a CCA. This is up to date and is in exact same location as a Gen 2 where playback is rock solid. Is there a difference in bitrate between a CCA stream and a gen2 stream? Or is the wireless receiver better in chromecast than cca? (I prefer cca as this is grouped for multiroom.)

47 minutes ago, Cra19 said:

Hi, first time poster to the forum.

There's a real depth to this thread, interesting and positive to see how far qobuz is going to make the experience better.

V long time Spotify user for my music streaming, decided on qobuz free 30 day trial and have continued paying to get more comfortable with interface, migrating listening playlists etc. Sound quality is night and day on my home system.

I have chromecasts in various rooms, mixture of gen 2s and CCAs (also with some CCA multiroom speaker groups).

Couple of issues I've had when casting qobuz:

1.  When I start listening to a playlist, the qobuz app on my device controlling the cast doesn't update with the currently playing track, it remains on the first played track even though playback continues as normal. Interestingly, the Google Home app/notification correctly displays currently playing, it's the album art and track details don't update in the Listening window of the qobuz app. 

2. Had some issues with glitches in sound when streaming to a CCA. This is up to date and is in exact same location as a Gen 2 where playback is rock solid. Is there a difference in bitrate between a CCA stream and a gen2 stream? Or is the wireless receiver better in chromecast than cca? (I prefer cca as this is grouped for multiroom.)

Hi,

Lot's of works are in progress for Chromecast device management and to get the Chromecast Certification.  I have no date to communicate but the experience will be better when those improvements will be online.

Regards

13 hours ago, Richter Di said:

Hi,

1. Can you try to do the same with our Desktop Application and see if there is the same issue ?

2 & 3. I follow this feedback to the Mobile Product Manager but can you try to send some information with the Beta release and Instabug ?

Regards

On 6/10/2020 at 2:17 PM, David Craff said:

Hi,

1. Can you try to do the same with our Desktop Application and see if there is the same issue ?

2 & 3. I follow this feedback to the Mobile Product Manager but can you try to send some information with the Beta release and Instabug ?

Regards

1. Yes, I will but I never thought of importing anything into my computer. Seemed unnecessary. But I am happy to do it if it helps.

2. Thank you.

I am doing screenshots but there is no way of knowing if Instabug is sending anything.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:24 AM, Cra19 said:

Had some issues with glitches in sound when streaming to a CCA.

There are known issues with streaming to CCA in hi-res (above 48Khz). Streaming works fine for me in 16/44, but stutters at 24/96. In the Qobuz app, try setting Wifi streaming to 16/44. The other issue with CCA is that it doesn't support gapless.

2 hours ago, Richter Di said:

1. Yes, I will but I never thought of importing anything into my computer. Seemed unnecessary. But I am happy to do it if it helps.

2. Thank you.

I am doing screenshots but there is no way of knowing if Instabug is sending anything.

You must see this warning from instabug

image.thumb.png.b61d4a4510871052a753c92e95335cd5.png

On 11/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, left channel said:

I see much progress indeed! But just off the top of my head, there are these:

Radka Toneff: all five releases are missing in the USA. Three original albums and two compilations. (I'll just live with Fairytales being an MQA CD, if the Qobuz app is upgraded to stream the containers properly.)

Bruce Cockburn: this list has improved, but in the USA 20 of 31 streaming releases are still missing, including his most popular hit album Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws which is available only in sample clips and for sale as a download.

Tough examples of course, as neither artist is American. And on the other hand, in some cases I see more albums than over on the T-word.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:32 AM, dmackta said:

You got us!  Part of this is we need users to point these things out -- we can't police everything. A couple of the Radka Toneff are Polygram, which is Universal, which is fully licensed and we should have. Could be as simple as asking for a new delivery. Not sure who distributes the Odin label. 

Cockburn -- the greyed out Dragon's looks like a mistake - it's on Columbia, which is Sony, fully licensed. The other Columbia Cockburns are streaming fine so we will ask Sony for a metadata redelivery which should fix any rights issue. The missing albums are distributed by True North which should be filling in within a couple weeks, I am pretty sure their stuff comes into us through The Orchard. Gonna double check though. 

Hi @dmackta, is Qobuz still adding 10,000 albums a day? Thought I'd check back on these two examples, as I'm often challenged on whether the Qobuz catalog is growing. I know these are edge cases as neither artist is American, but I believe they ought to be in there.

Radka Toneff: two albums from Odin Records are now there, Live in Hamburg and Fairytales, but four others (from Polygram?) are missing including two compilations. Fairytales may have been there all along — it was at the center of a bit of MQA controversy here a while back, then seemed to disappear — so perhaps it was just hard to find until search was upgraded. Only Steve Dobrogosz is shown as the primary artist on that album, even though on the cover Toneff is listed first. Also, in the new search results, Lifelines by Arild Andersen is listed as one of her releases, even though she is only credited as a composer on one track and did not perform anywhere on that album.

Bruce Cockburn: Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws was fixed, thank you, and two more albums were added. But 18 are still missing, including a couple "deluxe" versions with additional tracks, but all should be in the catalog too. Are any more on the way?

1 hour ago, Mike48 said:

Is it Qobuz's intention to get DLNA working? I tried it from the Windows Quobuz application to two different DLNA renderers that work perfectly with other devices on my home network. In neither case was Qobuz able to play music through the renderers.

P.S. Readers, please do not tell me to get Roon. I know that works, but right now, it's not my choice to add it to my system.

Roon doesn't support UPnP/DLNA - so why would anyone recommend it for that?

However, how about Audirvana or the Logitech Media Server? Both support Qobuz and UPnP/DLNA renderers (LMS requires you also install the Qobuz & UPnP/DLNA bridge plugins; install the Material Skin & Music & Artist Information plugins for a pretty decent Web Control user interface). 🙂

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox