IGNORED

MQA Shill Steve Stone Provides a Good Laugh For a Friday...

8 minutes ago, emcdade said:

To point out the ridiculousness of your nature.

Enjoy the music.

..should i ask again? If you don’t have an opinion on the topic at hand then stop about posters and posts.

you have been strongly rebuked by numerous posters on this thread...so you are a minority of one..see ya.

4 hours ago, ARQuint said:

I wasn't planning on returning to these fetid waters anytime soon, but emcdade's appearance on the forum (which I'm sure will be brief) was a breath of fresh air and I wanted to affirm, for him, that his read of the situation was spot- on.  Yes, the choleric response you got—"What are you doing here?"— tells you all you need to know. This thread (and several others) is not typical for Computer Audiophile, a megaphone for an unwelcoming and xenophobic subculture that has found a place to install itself. It began as a useful nidus for the critical consideration of a technology, but an increasingly assaultive tone has metastasized to attack those, like you, who are astounded by the sheer nastiness of many of the postings. Whether the topic is MQA itself or the devolution of the "discussion" into 14-year-old-boy-style  insults directed at manufacturers, audio writers, or other consumers—just look over the last week of postings for invective referencing excrement—the goal is to run you out of town. So, emcdade, don't feel you have to endure this for terribly long; your point has registered.

If you examine the postings of some of the most aggressive participants, you'll note that they haven't been members of CA for all that long and that the MQA-bashing threads are pretty much all they are interested in. In my view, Chris Connaker has a problem on his hands—again, the tenor of this thread isn't usual for the site as a whole—and if MQA, the business, has some significantly positive commercial news to reveal shortly, as Chris implies, it's only going to get worse.

You really have quite a nerve.

Xenophobic subculture? Where are you even coming up with this rubbish?

Really funny how you found a kindred spirit in emcdade. Really funny.  Well coordinated.

The fact is he has offered no opinion on MQA, and like other pseudo moderators
persisted on commenting  posters and posts. He was asked  why he was on the thread after

no posts concerning MQA were offered.

You sir will have a lot to answer for when your publication has it’s comeuppance..

Promoting a product that is a fabrication, that is destructive to the original source,
and has been exposed as a massive marketing lie has exposed the audio press once and for all.

CC has no problem, is it you and your ilk that have the problem.

And you don’t like it..your self righteous blather won’t help you.

It is true that this subculture is unwelcoming to MQA - if you will read you will see why.

It is also true that this subculture is  xenophobic towards new posters who immediately proselytize about the glories of MQA, fancy cables and other flotsam and jetsam that provide little or no benefit to SQ.  A review of the numerous fake posters who joined only to glorify and shill for, say MQA, will show you why.

If the creators of MQA truly believe it will revolutionize music, they should just: (i) open source their implementation of the MQA process/algorithms (BSD or Apache license); (ii) provide free access to the IP around MQA.

Let every eye ear negotiate for itself and trust no agent. (Shakespeare)

The things that we love tell us what we are. (Aquinas)

ROON has finally released their Version 1.5 which offers the first unfold to MQA.  Think my system is somewhat discreet...dedicated line to a power groomer, then to mono-blocks, wired with Nordost to Magico Q3’s in a dedicated room.

Took a very familiar album...likely the first that came up in the ROON/TIDAL Masters list that I felt confident to make comparison as I have same album in the library;

“Looking For The Heart of Saturday Night” by Tom Waits.  IMHO, his best.  

After that album he was, to my ears, a mimic of a  street lamp drunkard,  betraying his extraordinary talent for jazz...again IMHO.

Nevertheless, with some careful attention to the A/B, and trying to compensate for the obvious volume boost to the MQA file, I thought I heard the elusive “temporal blurring” although it was neither apparent nor easy to hear.  

I am reminded of Jonesey, the signal man, headphones on, in the Hunt for Red October trying to identify the sonic signature of the elusive catapillar drive used by the the Soviets....”...wait a minute....wait...Ok, maybe I’ve got it....”

Nevertheless, nothing worth all this fuss.  

Perhaps this is why they, MQA, never allowed us, the unwashed, to share in the listening comparisons even if we made concerted effort to find out, as was my experience, shared by many, when at audio shows and asking them to play comparison tracks.  

This was always denied.

The whole thing is stinky.

No respect for the belligerent AS Quinty and Austin, the surly arrogant Brit, am sorely concerned with the same tone of the Audiophile media.  

Why are they just a Greek chorus for this very modest change to the musical signal when it is a wholesome change to the ownership of music.

Useful idiots?  Why this high level of aggression, cooperation and obedience?

As always, ROON is completely cool for this new update.

Best