IGNORED

MQA Shill Steve Stone Provides a Good Laugh For a Friday...

3 hours ago, crenca said:

package.  @Nortonand those like him think they are listening to something called "MQA" that is a kind of "greater than the sum of its parts"

You'd have done well in the Soviet Union - anyone who challenges the dominant narrative ( in the case of this site by openly admitting enjoyment of  MQA) must be guilty of "incorrect thinking".

You  can't accept an alternate perspective and thus try to intellectualise it away.  But the explanation is much simpler - I enjoy MQA simply because, to my ears, it provides a satisfyingly  accurate reproduction of live orchestral music.    As an audiophile, that's my #1 consideration.  

1 hour ago, crenca said:

going as far as to accuse us of "soviet" level propaganda

My comment was addressed to you alone.  AFAIK, only the Queen and Gollum use "us" as the first person singular.  I'll be kind and disregard the latter, which must mean you consider yourself audiophile royalty.

53 minutes ago, Norton said:

My comment was addressed to you alone.  AFAIK, only the Queen and Gollum use "us" as the first person singular.  I'll be kind and disregard the latter, which must mean you consider yourself audiophile royalty.

Look, you can single me out and kick and scream all you want, I'm a big boy :)

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

22 minutes ago, crenca said:

Look, you can single me out and kick and scream all you want, I'm a big boy :)

Nice try, but I'm wise to your regular tactic of trying to conflate your individual views with that of some  unspecified "we".  I didn't "single you out", you responded directly to  my post and I replied in kind, your majesty.

1 hour ago, plissken said:

I wonder if CA now comes up in organic google searches on the first page when the search criteria is 'mqa'.

First hit for me was #14, Archimago's review.  Linn's take was number 4 however...

On 20/04/2018 at 6:36 PM, Brinkman Ship said:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2018-axpona-show-report-digital-and-personal-electronics/?utm_source=The+Absolute+Sound+List&utm_campaign=4b535a6c2d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_20&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_844faeddad-4b535a6c2d-109080993&mc_cid=4b535a6c2d&mc_eid=7e57b16115

The second and equally important detail about MQA A/B listening comparison tests is if you are not in the prime listening position, which is the one that triangulates most precisely with the transducers used during the listening session, you are not in a position to judge MQA sound quality properly. When I was even one seat to the side of the central listening position the effects of MQA were vastly reduced to the point where they were almost nonexistent. I have been in sessions where even professional recording engineers (and audio reviewers) have made dubious (and IMHO downright wrong) assessments of MQA’s sonic effects based on a group session where almost everyone in the room is in a bad seat (which is any seat that is not properly triangulated with the transducers). In all the other seats you might as well be listening through a Dixie cup and a string—really.

Too funny. Stone calls a poster a dummy for questioning his prime listening position statement. Angers are flaring over there on TAS... 

On 4/26/2018 at 7:39 PM, Rt66indierock said:

innuendo that the tension between forum participants here and the audio press makes it a risky place for your advertising dollars.

I remember that same line of BS was espoused here by one Witchdoctor, though his position was rather lacking in any form of subtlety or innuendo.

Same ineffective end result however.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Repulsive? Save it. What IS repulsive is fake journalism, shameless shilling, allowing charlatans to rise

to prominence, allowing fake technologies to grab the spot light

Don't like these threads? Simple solution..you know where the door is, and don't let it smack you

in the behind.

I think what he meant is that we are "not a good look".  I have always known that I am not the prettiest bearded lady around, but jeez, does he have to be so judgemental?  You know @emcdade, fat and ugly shaming is not really "in" right now...

10 hours ago, emcdade said:

These threads are so repulsive that I feel like I signed up at r/thedonald.

Not a good look for this community, at all.

well at least this community, provided real honest science to back up the claims made by those on here that feel MQA as printed in some of these magazines is misleading and full of untruths.  The mags do nothing to deny the science CA has provided , they only attempt to bash the members of the community. 

The Truth Is Out There

4 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Repulsive? Save it. What IS repulsive is fake journalism, shameless shilling, allowing charlatans to rise

Don't like these threads? Simple solution..you know where the door is, and don't let it smack you

in the behind.

:P

13 hours ago, emcdade said:

Why? I think the problem is too many do not question and follow like sheep. Could this community be a little more respectful while questioning? Sure, which community doesn't need a bit more. But, I think you are missing the message.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

16 hours ago, emcdade said:

The problem is, Bob Stuart and all of his sycophants are selling a shit sandwich, and they are insisting it tastes good and we should love it. The people here on CA can smell the shit sandwich from a mile away, and know exactly what it is. 

It is only normal to respond strongly when someone tries to shove something unpleasant down your throat, while LYING and telling you how good it will be. 

12 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

in the behind.

"Fake journalism", "shilling".....sounds familiar.  What is good for a laugh is how worked up you get over an audio format.