IGNORED

Mqa yet again at S-phile

esldude

2 hours ago, Fokus said:

Seriously, this is not a bad article.

Austin started asking important questions. Is that not what we wanted?

Yes I agree.

I am inclined to the view that the penny has dropped at Stereophile that it might need to address the interests of consumers as well as manufacturers and that the range of consumer opinion is somewhat broader than has been represented in recent years. 

You are not a sound quality measurement device

5 hours ago, Fokus said:

Seriously, this is not a bad article.

Austin started asking important questions. Is that not what we wanted?

I only skimmed it but I think I agree.  Seems even-handed enough, much better than the previous ones.  Even though I can't relate to his longing to go back in time.  We can still play vinyl if we feel nostalgic.

6 minutes ago, FredericV said:

This is BS. The minimum phase filters which MQA is using with one cycle of postringing alter the sound: soundstage, depth, width are all affected. This is not the master. Not the quality. Not authenticated.

More BS, there is no analog to analog:

image.thumb.png.dc99af9023e53d35b4ae1bbdcb828747.png

Stereophile  simply don't reply to anything 'technical' about  MQA.

36 minutes ago, botrytis said:

They only reply when it supports their preconceived notion that MQA is the next best thing to sliced bread.

After reading this forum and others, I have concluded, in my limited fashion, that MQA is only good for Stuart and the labels. It seems they do not care for the artists that make the music.

Quite

23 minutes ago, Indydan said:

Unbelievable! Austin (quoting Spencer Chrislu from MQA inc.) admits MQA exists to help the studios. They keep their hi res 24-192 masters, and only sell consumers watered down crap versions.

Imagine if movie studios filmed movies and TV series in 4K, then only offered for sale or rent, 480i standard definition transfers upconverted to HD or 4K. Consumers would be livid! 

If movie studios can sell or rent their movies and TV series in full quality, music studios can sell their products in full quality as well. This is sleezy corporate protectionism from the studios and Bob Stuart. 

The day the music died part 2, starring Bob Stuart. 

Can I put the "If movie studios..."  part in the Stereophile comments?