IGNORED

Munich High End Show 2017

29 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Yes, I have been pondering with the exact same idea. But at the time I thought of it back at the time and prior to a show, there wasn't enough time left to make such a feature.

And thinking of it ... while we "digitus'" would be able to even automate it, LP exhibitors would have a slightly large problem; especially in preparing (what's their library ?).

In practice it will bring a couple of more problems because in the end this is what I did with a show a few weeks back, but at inviting the auditioners. For example, you need to know your turn (say in 32 minutes) but meanwhile nothing can interfere much or you are waiting for another 30 minutes for your Pearl Jam, while Beethoven and Mozart play (never together though B|). In the end this gets messy because if you have to wait too long you want to bail out (or just don't show up).

Anyway, this really needs an "application" and it won't be super simple.

Roon could do this easily. 

If I queue up Pearl Jam and it's going to be 30 minutes until it's played, I will easily see this by looking at the queue. I can stay or leave and come back in 30 minutes. 

I have no problem if people don't like the music. As it is now, nobody wants to hear Nils lofgren anymore! t least with the playlist, someone is guaranteed to enjoy the music. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

23 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are no pictures, but Roon is coming out with two pieces of hardware that will run ROCK / RoonOS.

Hi Chris and thanks for reporting the show.

Could you please elaborate more on this? Did you get to see the actual units and/or talk to anybody from RoonLabs?

TIA

JoseL

44 minutes ago, m5sime said:

Hi @The Computer Audiophile Chris, any chance of finding out more about the new Brooklyn Class D Amp from Mytek? Many of us here have the Brooklyn DAC. 

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/05/new-mytek-brooklyn-amplifier.html?m=1

I wonder who's class D tech inside? Eg ncore. 

Thank you!! 

Looking into it right now for you. 

IMG_20170520_164458.jpg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, JoseL said:

Hi Chris and thanks for reporting the show.

Could you please elaborate more on this? Did you get to see the actual units and/or talk to anybody from RoonLabs?

TIA

It has been in the works for awhile. I talked to the Room guys again here and they said they would announce it to the public yesterday. 

One i3 and one i7 version. Uses a NUC inside but very nice case. Will be sold at retailers. 

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

More Constellation Audio Leo. I really like this product. The sound quality really is something the other products in the category haven't matched. I listened for quite a while this afternoon. 

Edit: Constellation is shooting for fall 2017 release and less than $5,000 MSRP. 

The silver color is wonderful. 

IMG_20170520_132259.jpg

Did they get Frank Gehry to design that? :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

More Constellation Audio Leo. I really like this product. The sound quality really is something the other products in the category haven't matched. I listened for quite a while this afternoon. 

Edit: Constellation is shooting for fall 2017 release and less than $5,000 MSRP. 

The silver color is wonderful. 

IMG_20170520_132259.jpg

That thing is gorgeous, though it would remind me more than other equipment how much I'm paying for the case!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

8 minutes ago, miguelito said:

That thing is gorgeous, though it would remind me more than other equipment how much I'm paying for the case!

I wonder what if anything it shares in concept and execution with Demian Martin's Auraliti designs?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The guy who was at the booth wouldn't divulge the info. Michal wasn't available. I'll investigate further. 

Sort of funny. If they licensed technology, just say so. If it is proprietary, just say that. What's the big deal? Pretty much every company who makes Class D does it that way.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I believe the Constellation Leo chassis is another Alex Rasmussen (Neal Feay Company) design.  Aside from Neal Feay being one of the few firms set up and capable of that sort or work (at modest quantity and not too astronomical cost), Alex's esthetic has become recognizable.  Dozens of USA hi-fi manufacturers use Neal Feay Co. for turnkey machining/finishing, and more than a handful go in and give Mr. Rasmussen semi-free rein to present them with his industrial design ideas.  

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Sort of funny. If they licensed technology, just say so. If it is proprietary, just say that. What's the big deal? Pretty much every company who makes Class D does it that way.

Thinking about it 2x 300w into 8ohms according to the released information is alot in that small chassis..  I'd assume one of the ucd, ice power or ncore amps with integrated smps such as this.

I would expect tfrom the description that Mytek have used their own buffer stage 

https://www.hypex.nl/img/upload/doc/ncore_mp/nc502mp/Documentation/NC502MP_02xx_03xx.pdf

52 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What do you mean by complications? Lamborghini must have many complications in its cars :~)

And I think that Lamborghini's are hideous as well. Give me purity of form any day. That god-awful box looks as if it fell off the back of a truck. 

59 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What do you mean by complications? Lamborghini must have many complications in its cars :~)

More of a watch reference than automobiles.  When affluence goes to pure cheese and you begin collecting ugly items for their ugliness instead of their higher design and unusually high level of function.  A watch built with 12 complication yet has a face that tells you nothing whilst being impossible not to stare at, being a prime example.

54 minutes ago, Superdad said:

At least no inconsiderate house guest will be able to set their drink on top of it! xD

Given the current trend in wine glasses, impossible to sit down on a flat surface, that plan might backfire with those angles.

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just thought of an idea I would love to see at shows. Manufacturers may not like it, but here it goes: a large touchscreen at the door where people can add songs to the queue and wait to hear their songs. I would listen to way more stuff for way longer if this was in place. 

seems like a good idea but the showers seem highly restrictive in their choices to begin with

better rooms might be the most critical thing to address...

BTW, is that  a new Levinson component?