IGNORED

Munich High End Show 2017

1 hour ago, Jud said:

U47.jpg

I'm no prude by any stretch at all but I suspect this may be offensive to any woman reading this site.  Zappa was a brilliant musician and one of the greatest guitarist of our generation but the puerile lyrics simply distracted from his  genius.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I spent 45 minutes talking to Merging this afternoon about Ravenna and it's plans, etc...

I hope we could get some feel for progress in general for audio over IP this way. Will you be sharing thoughts? 

1 minute ago, m5sime said:

I hope we could get some feel for progress in general for audio over IP this way. Will you be sharing thoughts? 

I suspect we'll start seeing more companies using Ravenna, based on my conversation today. In addition, Aurender and Melco will support sending audio via Ravenna to DACs. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

33 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

Roon's database is far too complex to be handled by a simple processor or fpga.  Nevermind DSPing etc that is done on the Core.

The ROCK device is based on Intel NUC platform, i3 and up, so some of them will be pretty low spec.  I'm thinking hard about getting one - I currently have all my "servers" (e.g., iTunes, Brio, Roon) running on an aging Mac Mini, which is keeping up just fine after a recent SSD upgrade ;) but might be nice to have a really quick machine specifically for Roon as I migrate more and more toward it as my major platform.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

3 hours ago, hifial said:

Chris, if you have the chance you should check out the Aequo Audio, Audiopax, Sound Galleries stand and demo room in Halle 3 K05 as a must listen to. It received the best sound of show award by High Fidelity PL.

+1 @The Computer Audiophile Share some impression of that will be great.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

Some of the rooms I liked today ...

Absolare - Fantastic sound

IMG_20170519_1520041.jpg

VAC - Huge system, so clear

IMG_20170519_1552485.jpg

Baach SP - Incredible 3D sound stage.

Has to be experienced to be believed

IMG_20170519_1205298.jpg

Marten Room - these guys actually played music.

IMG_20170519_1607074.jpg

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

11 minutes ago, Nikhil said:

Sound Galleries room at Munich is limited by their speakers IMO. This was my impression from this morning. 

Many thanks @Nikhil 

Have you listened to the new Estelon LYNX wireless speaker with HQPlayer built inside? I'm also curious to know. 9_9

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

1 hour ago, wdw said:

I'm no prude by any stretch at all but I suspect this may be offensive to any woman reading this site.  Zappa was a brilliant musician and one of the greatest guitarist of our generation but the puerile lyrics simply distracted from his  genius.

Both some of his lyrics and some of his stage patter were designed specifically to tick off the sort of people he couldn't abide ("po-jama people," with "those cozy little footies on their minds").  Or perhaps, as you say, he was just being puerile.  In any case, pace, and apologies for the OT.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Pure Audio Project needs to be heard if you are an Open Baffle fan. Unfortunately they have been shoved into a corner in Hall 1.

IMG_20170519_1025323.jpg

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

52 minutes ago, Nikhil said:

Sound Galleries room at Munich is limited by their speakers IMO. This was my impression from this morning. 

IMG_20170519_1045399.jpg

IMG_20170519_1046003.jpg

Interesting, these speakers are 20k:-)

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

43 minutes ago, Jud said:

Both some of his lyrics and some of his stage patter were designed specifically to tick off the sort of people he couldn't abide ("po-jama people," with "those cozy little footies on their minds").

An original lyricist anyway IMO. Sorry for OT too.

At an external location, but not far away from the HighEnd show, just across the street, you can experience on Friday and Saturday some of the very best active speakers from B&M (Backes und Müller) in an environment, most of usual speakers will fail. Highly recommended and always worth some minutes walk and fresh air.

http://stollwerk-design.de/HE2017/index.html. Unfortunately, the link is not available in English.

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are no pictures, but Roon is coming out with two pieces of hardware that will run ROCK / RoonOS.

Now this is interesting...nothing on the ROON site yet.  Any info you can relay would be welcome.  Best, wdw

1 hour ago, matthias said:

Interesting, these speakers are 20k:-)

Matt

They look like a certain part of the male anatomy as well.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

3 hours ago, Nikhil said:

IMG_20170519_1045399.jpg

IMG_20170519_1046003.jpg

Considering the circumstances, a maximum of 30 watts of amplifier power, cardboard walls (no roomgain), a ~65dB noisefloor and constant ~10V voltage drops I felt theyre putting up a more then decent fight :-)

3 minutes ago, edbk said:

Considering the circumstances, a maximum of 30 watts of amplifier power, cardboard walls (no roomgain), a ~65dB noisefloor and constant ~10V voltage drops I felt theyre putting up a more then decent fight :-)

This is useful info.  There was something off today.

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I suspect we'll start seeing more companies using Ravenna, based on my conversation today. In addition, Aurender and Melco will support sending audio via Ravenna to DACs. 

Is this some form of NAA or RAAT where both ends of the protocol are licensed?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics