• 3 months later...

highly recommended;

From the opening of 'Things We Did Last Summer' to the closing 'Chelsea Bridge' the sound of Simon Rigter's tenor saxophone on these carefully selected compositions, awakes a wealth of feelings; melancholy, tenderness, compassion and warmth. It's passion with controlled emotion, it’s a sound somewhere between a smile and a tear, a sound that touches your heart.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 8:42 PM, oso said:

The audiophile master is finally available;

spacer.png

CARMEN GOMES INC. - STONES IN MY PASSWAY

The album has gotten a very fine review; "

Engineer Frans de Rond has captured the entire setting in a way that allows you to experience the superb interplay of these seasoned musicians. This is so well recorded that turning up the volume knob significantly only seems make the music even more intense not louder”

"Stones In My Passway’ is part two of ‘’Discovering the music of Robert Johnson’’ series in

which Carmen Gomes Inc. breathes new life into the musical legacy of Robert Johnson….

…The short atmospheric pieces between the tracks, where you are taken to the scene of the events like in a radio play, are a real treasure. Thus, the album opens with a beautiful intro where a passing train, wind noise, and a single guitar chord transports you to the deep south of the United States.

…Carmen sings the blues straight from the heart, profoundly, with authenticity and heartfelt sincerity, eschewing any unnecessary embellishments.

…Her band has mastered this repertoire completely. 

The slow tempos are beautifully exploited, with each musician contributing sparingly but with authority. In their renditions of Johnson's pieces, you feel the clammy, sweaty air in the ominous dark shady clubs, where the blues was interspersed with drinking parties.and fights……

Engineer Frans de Rond has captured the entire setting in a way that allows you to experience the superb interplay of these seasoned musicians. This is so well recorded that turning up the volume knob significantly only seems to make the music even more intense not louder.. 

With this release, an impressively good album has been added to Carmen's discography.

My suggestion is to buy both part one (Up Jumped The Devil) and part two (Stones in My Passway as they don't fall short of each other and only become more precious with time.”

S.v. Aelst in ‘JazzFlits’

Lineup: Carmen Gomes (vocals), Folker Tettero (guitar), Peter Bjørnild (bass), Bert Kamsteeg (drums) Frans de Rond (engineer)."

"

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MetalNuts said:

These 6 volumes of Beethoven Symphonies are outstanding DXD recording and the dynamics is at a different level from those other Beethoven Symphonies recordings I have.

image.thumb.png.4ca339811b50b7bf1ed9a8e34d68e08a.png

Yes, also some outstanding photo quality of the cover (?, I may assume) ;-P - happens to all of us ....

To share more of your information, you may want to write which conductor, which orchestra, which individual artist or which year, which edition, which record company are involved with that performance?
Or just insert a link to a site which contains all or most of that information.

For the photo - avoid copying from memory, rather upload the picture from your gallery on HD/SD using the function in the left down corner. from there you can insert the the picture with a double click.

Thanks for updating, happy holidays and have a splendid start into 2024!

Doesn't the artwork already contain the orchestra and conductor information? 

Further, if the website allows copy and paste, am I at liberty to use the method most convenient to me.

I can't believe sharing my enjoyment will cause me more trouble than not sharing.  If it is the way, just delete my membership to the website.  

MetalNuts

9 minutes ago, MetalNuts said:

Further, if the website allows copy and paste, am I at liberty to use the method most convenient to me.

I can't believe sharing my enjoyment will cause me more trouble than not sharing.  If it is the way, just delete my membership to the website.  

Many downloads I bought, only have an image of the cover.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

29 minutes ago, MetalNuts said:

I think you're misunderstanding. Your original post did not contain a picture, just a broken link. It looks like this on my end:

image.png

Could you perhaps re-post? 

If I were to guess, you are perhaps referring to the Spirit of Turtle release of Beethoven Symphonies and Ouvertures by Jos van Immerseel and Anima Eterna Brugge?

39 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I think you're misunderstanding. Your original post did not contain a picture, just a broken link. It looks like this on my end:

image.png

Could you perhaps re-post? 

If I were to guess, you are perhaps referring to the Spirit of Turtle release of Beethoven Symphonies and Ouvertures by Jos van Immerseel and Anima Eterna Brugge?

The artwork appears just fine even without logging in.  I am sorry I would not and cannot tell you what to do with your PC or browser setting just like Todd did.  You can solve it on your own or just delete my posts if you don't like it.  

MetalNuts

21 hours ago, MetalNuts said:

These 6 volumes of Beethoven Symphonies are outstanding DXD recording and the dynamics is at a different level from those other Beethoven Symphonies recordings I have.

Nobody can see the image you attempted to show us. It happens to people once in a while, but thousands of us manage to use the Add Files button or drag n drop feature just fine. 

IMG_0870.jpeg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Still nothing....

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

6 hours ago, MetalNuts said:

You may be tricked, because your browser shows perhaps to YOU the artwork you copied into the post, but no one else can see this due to a broken link shown in the post on the website.

I am very sorry, @MetalNuts,  if my answer touched you the wrong way.

My intention was to inform you that your post did not work as intended and how to avoid this problem.

All good, happy holidays 🌟

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2023 at 4:51 PM, christian u said:

So great to hear a saxophonist with a personal sound. Simon Rigter is a unique blend of the older players, less Coltrane more Lester and Dexter but even more so his own. Great album.

+1 and a beautiful cover; spacer.png

On 12/27/2023 at 8:42 AM, MetalNuts said:

If this is the Beethoven series referred to above, it was recorded between 2005-2007. Can it have been recorded in DXD? I don't think there were DXD recordings then.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 3 weeks later...