IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

Just now, Superdad said:

Hey, I just started a new thread for ISO REGEN Listening Impressions and it has some pictures you gents will want to see!

By the way, @Jud and @lmitche: The embargo is now lifted and you are free to post what you have heard with ISO REGEN so far (they were beta testers and were sent final units as I was on my way to vacation on April 29th).

Busy as all heck right now (look who I'm talking to :) ), but yes, when things calm down a bit I'd be happy to.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

However, for a DAC's audio master clocks (or the audio freq. clocks in a USB>S.PDIF converter which get embedded in the SPDIF/AES stream and supplant the DAC's clocks (though often a DAC will reclock that input), that is where no expense should be spared (though the rest of most DACs add more jitter from their circuitry and never get the full benefit of an über-expensive clock).

Looking forward to your and John's solution on this :D

4 hours ago, kalinka said:

The iso regen has a recommended burn-in period or is it already optimun out of the box?

From the Listening Impressions thread: Please give your ISO REGENs a few hours to "warm up."  Clock oscillators always sound better when warm...

1 hour ago, spacexpert said:

From the Listening Impressions thread: Please give your ISO REGENs a few hours to "warm up."  Clock oscillators always sound better when warm...

What brings us another question: should we turn on the regen some time prior to start listening?

iFi recommends about half an hour before starts listening to their ipurifier, for example.

Never turned my Regen OFF and will just do the same with the ISO Regen

I don't think power consumption is anything meaningful (even more if sitting idle)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Talk about a roller coaster ride in just one morning!

My ISO REGEN order arrived this morning (there's definitely an advantage to living in the same state as UpTone - THANKS Alex!!), and was about to tear into the package, when I heard from my wife that she got into a car accident just a quarter mile from home!  A Lyft driver made an unsafe left turn and crashed into my wife's month-old Mercedes C300 (she was going straight with right-of-way), which then hit a pedestrian crossing sign pole.  A total of 4 airbags deployed.  She seems to have sustained only some bruises on the hands (from the airbag) and a scrape on the shoulder (from the seat belt), but I'll need to bring her to be checked out more thoroughly.

I guess my planned posting of ISO REGEN listening impressions will have to be postponed.

10 minutes ago, scan80269 said:

My ISO REGEN order arrived this morning (there's definitely an advantage to living in the same state as UpTone - THANKS Alex!!), and was about to tear into the package, when I heard from my wife that she got into a car accident just a quarter mile from home!  A Lyft driver made an unsafe left turn and crashed into my wife's month-old Mercedes C300 (she was going straight with right-of-way), which then hit a pedestrian crossing sign pole.  A total of 4 airbags deployed.  She seems to have sustained only some bruises on the hands (from the airbag) and a scrape on the shoulder (from the seat belt), but I'll need to bring her to be checked out more thoroughly.

I guess my planned posting of ISO REGEN listening impressions will have to be postponed.

How scary! Yes - family first. Hope she checks out OK. Best wishes...

13 minutes ago, scan80269 said:

...I heard from my wife that she got into a car accident just a quarter mile from home!  A Lyft driver made an unsafe left turn and crashed into my wife's month-old Mercedes C300 (she was going straight with right-of-way), which then hit a pedestrian crossing sign pole.  A total of 4 airbags deployed.  She seems to have sustained only some bruises on the hands (from the airbag) and a scrape on the shoulder (from the seat belt), but I'll need to bring her to be checked out more thoroughly.

Oh no Sam, that is terrible!!  I hope your wife is okay.  Please keep us posted.  :(

Wow, Sam...that is scary as hell!  When I saw the post in my email I freaked when it said "which then hit a pedestrian" and failed to finish reading "cross sign pole".!!!   Anyway, hope she is ok (mostly emotional).  ISO Regen feedback can wait (til tmrw :) ).  Mine arrives Monday.

Sam, hope everything gets back to normal as easily as possible for you and your wife. (!)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just finished setting up my ISO REGEN to drive my modded SU-1 DDC and Holo Audo Spring DAC.  I use two LPS-1 units, one for the ISO REGEN and another for the SU-1.  Source is an AiO Win10 PC running HQPlayer.  Feeder supplies for the LPS-1s are modded Breeze Audio el-cheapo linear supplies.  This is not my usual setup.

Will start listening after a few hours of burn-in time.

I'm going to a symphony concert tonight (they'll play the Planets by Holst), so my ears should be well calibrated afterwards. ?

1 hour ago, JohnSwenson said:

I could build an adaptive interface that outperforms almost anything on the market today of any type, but it would be pretty expensive.

Not sure if we're talking about a DCC. But is it possible to define expensive if you know you would sell easily between 500 and 1000 units ?

Are we above 1K ?

4 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Isn't this quite serious? 

Did the pedestrian survive ?

I'm afraid that sign pole did not survive.  It was almost horizontal after it got hit.

I just drove by the spot where the accident occurred, and there were no hints of the accident just a few hours ago, except for that missing pole...

4 hours ago, scan80269 said:

Glad to hear that she is OK. Makes audio seem insignificant!

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

2 hours ago, scan80269 said:

Thanks, guys, for the well wishes.  My wife was just a bit shook up but is apparently spared of any serious injury.  Thank God for airbags and seat belts.

Glad to hear your wife wasn't seriously injured. That's scary stuff!

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

"ISO REGEN is not a USB3 hub.  The USB receptacles are USB 2.0, and the Superspeed portion if the hub chip inside is not connected.  John & Alex picked a specific USB3 hub chip to use as USB2 hub for the signal integrity advantage."

Thanks for the info. Still would like to know if it works better through a usb 3 port or not.

I also have a Lightspeed Revive which is USB 3. I prefer it to the Regen, but ordered the new Iso Regen because of the  Isolation. Should be interesting to compare the two side by side.