IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

24 minutes ago, Confused said:

To keep this in proper context, would this apply to those who use a Mutec MC3+USB?  In my case I use a Mutec specifically because my DAC (Devialet) sounds best fed via AES/EBU.  Would use of the Mutec eliminate the goodness of the ISO Regen?

I'm pretty sure Alex was referring just to other USB>USB devices

I'm using myself an Audiophilleo between Regen and DAC ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

28 minutes ago, Confused said:

To keep this in proper context, would this apply to those who use a Mutec MC3+USB?  In my case I use a Mutec specifically because my DAC (Devialet) sounds best fed via AES/EBU.  Would use of the Mutec eliminate the goodness of the ISO Regen?

Sorry, I should have said "don't put anything between a REGEN and the DAC or DDC" (DDC being digital converter like USB>S/PDIF interface such as your Mutec).  Whatever is the target USB device that you are improving the signal integrity for.

55 minutes ago, Superdad said:

As it says on the USPCB A>B Adapter product web page: "The USPCB will not be available for separate purchase until after all first production run orders for ISO REGEN have shipped."

Well, that should mean this weekend ? according to privious announced shipment plan. 

But it could also mean next month, as it is hard to know how to define first production run. 

15 minutes ago, Superdad said:

You would be shocked at the number of nasty messages I got back

Bummer. It's getting to be a ruder and rougher world out there :(

Thanks. Ok, so I will now assume that you will announce it here in your sponsered forum, where the number of nasty messages is a little lower  :)

Hope I'm still around...

27 minutes ago, gsquared said:

Wow Alex... that's such a bummer! Uptone Audio has been the most respectable audio company I've had the privilege of doing business with in a very long time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Not to mention the fact that your products (along with Sonore) have completely transformed my enjoyment of music.

If it were me, I think I would refund ALL of the people who sent nasty messages and refuse to do business with them. Those are the same people that will complain the loudest, cause you the most headaches and overall cause you the most undeserved grief. Life is too short to deal with those kind of people. (IMO)

Anyway... I'm sure you'll get it all sorted in due time. Best of luck!

My thoughts exactly. Let those folks take their business where they might find more peace of mind so they won't have to resort to acting like an a$$. At the very least take them off your mailing list so you won't be accused of "spamming" them again. Life's too short to be dealing with folks who would never have the nerve to say those things to your face.

Cheers,

Robin

2 hours ago, gsquared said:

Wow Alex... that's such a bummer! Uptone Audio has been the most respectable audio company I've had the privilege of doing business with in a very long time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Not to mention the fact that your products (along with Sonore) have completely transformed my enjoyment of music.

If it were me, I think I would refund ALL of the people who sent nasty messages and refuse to do business with them. Those are the same people that will complain the loudest, cause you the most headaches and overall cause you the most undeserved grief. Life is too short to deal with those kind of people. (IMO)

Anyway... I'm sure you'll get it all sorted in due time. Best of luck!

+1

Alex is smart enough to just let those emails go and continue on. As a business person he knows that you can't please all the people all the time so you just keep doing your best. If he does that, he can hold his head high no matter what anyone else says.  

I've been doing business with Alex only for a short while. But everything I have seen and experienced has been quite positive. He is fair, ethical, and wants his customers to be happy with him and his products. Doing what gssquared suggests would not be in character with what I have seen from Alex. Nor would it make any business sense.

13 hours ago, Superdad said:

Sorry, I should have said "don't put anything between a REGEN and the DAC or DDC" (DDC being digital converter like USB>S/PDIF interface such as your Mutec).  Whatever is the target USB device that you are improving the signal integrity for.

Yes, makes sense.  Thinking about this, I already know that the Mutec MC3+USB is reasonably transparent to 'upstream' changes, such as power supply tweaks, different end points, music server software and so on.  So in this context, you could consider that DCC is pretty much equivalent to DAC, even with the Mutec's reclocking magic.

Although one thing I am not sure about is if there is any benefit from the ISO REGEN's galvanic isolation with a device like the Mutec which itself has a USB input with galvanic isolation?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

7 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

It's Big in Japan Hawaii...

IMG_0153.JPG

Dude, I used to love eating spam and the weird jelly that came in the can!    Also, nothing better than fried spam over sunny side up egg and rice!!!!!!!!  I am going to have that for dinner!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

5 hours ago, Confused said:

Yes, makes sense.  Thinking about this, I already know that the Mutec MC3+USB is reasonably transparent to 'upstream' changes, such as power supply tweaks, different end points, music server software and so on.  So in this context, you could consider that DCC is pretty much equivalent to DAC, even with the Mutec's reclocking magic.

Well there are some Mutec owners who won't fully agree with you on some of those points.  Quite a few people have pulled the switching PS from inside their MC3+USB units and run them from an external LPS (lately our UltraCap LPS-1), and they say it makes quite a nice difference.

5 hours ago, Confused said:

Although one thing I am not sure about is if there is any benefit from the ISO REGEN's galvanic isolation with a device like the Mutec which itself has a USB input with galvanic isolation?

USB>S/PDIF converters benefit from improved signal integrity (into their USB inputs from devices like the REGENs) for the same reasons that DACs do: Lessened internal (to the DDC or DAC) generation of packet- and ground-plane noise.  And while some DACs and DDCs use digital isolator chips, they are always the I2S lines AFTER the USB input PHY and processor.  John has written extensively about how and why what some of what goes on BEFORE those isolators can sail right on through.

So we know that what the REGEN (both original and now ISO) still has an impact.  With regards to the benefit of the ISO REGEN's galvanic isolation for DACs/DDCs that have isolators after their input stage, I think that may be dependent upon how those inputs are powered and other aspects of the power scheme and leakage loops (sorry, I'm very pressed for time--readying ISO REGENs and bundles for shipment--and can't elaborate or think this all through further right now).

Regardless, even without its galvanic isolation (you can defeat it with the switch to compare), the ISO REGEN is really an über-REGEN with all the other costly enhancements that have been, and should be head-and-shoulders above the rest.   Guess a lot of folks will soon find out if that is true! :)

2 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Sorry man, you are making my stomach turn! >:(

Alex, give it a try man!  Consider it part of your Hawaiian experience.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Well there are some Mutec owners who won't fully agree with you on some of those points.  Quite a few people have pulled the switching PS from inside their MC3+USB units and run them from an external LPS (lately our UltraCap LPS-1), and they say it makes quite a nice difference.

Actually, what I was saying is that if you improve the quality of whatever you feed the Mutec, you get better sound quality out.  Reading the rest of your response it looks like you have the same view.  Note to self, stop using such subtle English on forums!  Thanks for the rest of your response, by the way.  very Interesting and informative.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.