IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

11 minutes ago, rando said:

CRITICAL SPAM ALERT

It looks like the thing just ran stuck. The two accounts got mixed up and the one started to post in the thread of the other. There it stopped (hopefully).

Anyway, we know where to go for some happy ending. x-D

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

12 hours ago, rando said:

So I went about using 3 other browsers and every step I described in the answer I gave above.  Which should be clear enough reasoning why I will not octuple check again.  

Your problem with Math and reasoning aside, I'll take that as an octuple no. I do though  thank you for your efforts.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 minute ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:
1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

Anyway, we know where to go for some happy ending. x-D

Hi Peter, you massaged that joke well !

David, try this : Go to Thailand for a nice vacation, your wife in advance telling you to be keen on Thai massage.

"No no no, of course they don't do the happy ending", is what she is telling you.

Sure.

XXHighEnd (developer)

1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

David, try this : Go to Thailand for a nice vacation, your wife in advance telling you to be keen on Thai massage.

"No no no, of course they don't do the happy ending", is what she is telling you.

Sure.

Hi Peter, you have obviously not met my wife ! If I did that my ending would not be happy :$

Sound Minds Mind Sound

13 minutes ago, jabbr said:

How come the "ignore user" feature is not ignoring the spam?

Jonathan, good point. ... Because this topic titles are not subject to that filter ?

XXHighEnd (developer)

21 minutes ago, jabbr said:

How come the "ignore user" feature is not ignoring the spam?

I think ignore user is working as designed, but ignore topic is not ... unless the topic is changing, I can't read Korean.  Google translate does a nice job on the content, it says 'I am a lonely woman, baby'!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I'll  say it once more here - if you want to skip the spam guys - go to page 51.

This (51) counts for the General forum.

For the Digital to Analog forum it is page 13.

XXHighEnd (developer)

12 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

This (51) counts for the General forum.

For the Digital to Analog forum it is page 13.

Never mind, because the bugger is back.

XXHighEnd (developer)

On 09/09/2017 at 10:40 AM, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

How to embed youtube videos without email identification showing?

Hi,

I can embed a youtube video by pasting the "share link" (NOT the embed code option). You get the option of *auto embed* or keep as a hyperlink when pasted into a CA post.

The problem is the "Watch Later" link remains embedded and hovering over this in the completed CA post shows your email address!

I assume that when you hover over the link it will display *your* email address, not mine, but can someone confirm this? It still makes me uneasy seeing my email displaying on a public forum.

I also noticed that the option to paste the share link with the Youtube "embed option" code does not work in CA. Pasting into the forum post just displays the code. The advantage of the "embed option" code on the youtube site is that it has additional controls. Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

David

Hi David,

I saw the video you posted and I confirm that I see my own email address when on the 'Watch later" option.

Regsrd

Chris, we've talked about eliminating the posts of ignored users from the activity stream.  As an extension of that idea, I'd also like to automatically ignore any new topics started by ignored users.  A very large percentage of posts are generated by a very small number of users.  They overwhelm the activity stream and make it difficult to productively keep up with the latest useful developments.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It would be cool if we could create an activity stream that excludes content from specific people, rather than an activity stream that includes certain people. 

That's exactly what I'd like.  I'd also like to exclude topics started by those same people.