IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

On 5/31/2018 at 3:31 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just heard back from the developer of this plugin and unfortunately the bookmarks are gone :~(

This is a third party add-on I installed and it was coded badly.

So sorry for the troubles. Thanks for your patronage of CA. 

Oh man, what a bummer. I had quite a collection of them that was immensely useful.

Is it possible to retrieve the bookmarks themselves from backup, even if the feature is gone going forward?

Just now, Superdad said:

While I avoid most social media like the plague :P, I can tolerate all the little round icons in a row at the bottom.  But why are the Facebook and Twitter icons repeated again at the very bottom of the page, separate from the main row where they already appear?

Different functions. The ones at the bottom link to the CA accounts on FB and Twitter.

On 6/4/2018 at 6:08 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Great idea. Let me load a backup on the staging site and see how to get people their bookmarks.

Thanks for trying. Only one of my bookmarks was important to me: Charles Hansen on DAC design. I'm having trouble finding that post again now, and it's not like I can ask him about it. At least not for a while anyway.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

15 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Haven’t read all this tread. And search is horrible. 

But all all my bookmarks is gone. 

Anyone else same problem. 

The new search uses Elasticsearch technology and its far better than the native search for this platform. Can you give an example of what’s so horrible?

i can get your bookmarks from backup. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png