IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ok thanks. Trying to figure out if it’s a recent update to php 7.2 or a CMS platform update. 

I don't recall it happening (so frequently) before the last big update. That's not so say the update is the cause, could be something else that changed around the same time.

Chris, I don't see it mentioned, but the count of number of views isn't adding up (or at least not always - see newer topics). While this is an issue in itself, I see quite many other issues (mentioned the past days) related to this as the source.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

Chris, I don't see it mentioned, but the count of number of views isn't adding up (or at least not always - see newer topics). While this is an issue in itself, I see quite many other issues (mentioned the past days) related to this as the source.

Hi Peter - This is related to Elasticsearch of all things. I’m working on a solution. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

And poor Chris wakes up to find out the Far East hackers/spammers are at it again. 

Hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

This is a coordinated attack that's impossible to stop with any method other than manually approving every single user registration. 

These guys monitor the site for changes to the registration policy and and figure out how to get around it and post spam. The attack is way too sophisticated to be a bot. These guys access even used two factor authentication via mobile apps (google & authy) and SMS to mobile phone. I can block the mobile number or IP address, but they use different ones for almost every user account.

None of their usernames or IP addresses or email addresses are listed in the Stop Forum Spam database either. 

It really makes me think about why these guys are so dedicated to spamming CA. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Chris

The spammers have 'only' spammed the General Forum.

If you have a specific suspicion about the reason/topic why they are spamming CA, just make seperate forum of it.  You will find out immediatly if your suspicion is right.

Just as a theoretical exercise, if you would think the MQA tyopics could be the reason/target you just have to create an MQA forum and move the concerned topics in that new forum

Dirk

24 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Just as a theoretical exercise, if you would think the MQA topics could be the reason/target

Personally I would have gone with going away present from Ten.  Theoretically speaking in the vaguest of terms of course.

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It really makes me think about why these guys are so dedicated to spamming CA. 

I didn't realize MQA was an NK invention...

Sometimes, when I edit a quote, I cannot then break out of the quote to comment - either above or below the quote box - did not happen just above; has happened several times, incl. today on a quote from Johnseye

I've been using Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1 here for a while and it is working great.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-1111/

Here is a tool to test how your DNS nameservers are doing.

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

On 5/18/2018 at 11:16 AM, jcn3 said:

@The Computer Audiophile -- is there are way to have any thread that we've ignored not show up as unread?  for instance, the music server forum will be bold (unread), but the only threads that are unread are ones that i've ignored.

seems like the unread logic would only need "AND ignore=no" added.

@The Computer Audiophile  +1 on this one. Would be really nice at the bottom of the screen that ignored topics don't show up in the "Next Unread Topic" navigation.

Thanks!

Whatever you did this morning had a profound effect on page loading times where lots of linked outside content is present, ie youtube videos.  Photos not hosted, or maybe it was hosted, on the site almost never stall anymore either.  Not so long ago pictures accompanying an article or classifieds posting took a considerable amount of time to load.  

I look forward to servicing the next complaint derailing one or both of these.  :P

1 minute ago, rando said:

Whatever you did this morning had a profound effect on page loading times where lots of linked outside content is present, ie youtube videos.  Photos not hosted, or maybe it was hosted, on the site almost never stall anymore either.  Not so long ago pictures accompanying an article or classifieds posting took a considerable amount of time to load.  

I look forward to servicing the next complaint derailing one or both of these.  :P

Thanks for the feedback.

I am working with Cloudflare to cache content around the globe automatically and speed up everything.