IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

On 5/30/2018 at 2:54 PM, Kurt said:

Shouldn’t I be able to use this without having “Realtime AudioUnits control and setup” engaged?

absolutely.  I have no issues maintaining my settings when the realtime option isn't checked.  Just make sure you hit apply when you're done altering the AU plugin in A+ prefs.  

It could be something unique to that particular plugin.  I've used many plugins with A+ and haven't noticed this however.  Goodhertz, FabFilter, MeldaProduction, and even more all have worked fine.

8 hours ago, buonassi said:

absolutely.  I have no issues maintaining my settings when the realtime option isn't checked.  Just make sure you hit apply when you're done altering the AU plugin in A+ prefs.  

It could be something unique to that particular plugin.  I've used many plugins with A+ and haven't noticed this however.  Goodhertz, FabFilter, MeldaProduction, and even more all have worked fine.

I submitted a ticket with the developer and apparently all of Voxengo's plugins are realtime plug-ins.

7 hours ago, Kurt said:

all of Voxengo's plugins are realtime plug-ins.

This made me think.  perhaps there is a setting inside the plugin itself which allows offline processing?  I'd think that all are "real time" by default, but can conceive of a plugin that doesn't want to work "offline", especially if it's a trial or free version?  Just conjecture on my end, so take it FWIW. 

Out of necessity, I have a number of Windows PC’s at home, so Audirvana was of little interest as I was never going to get a Mac.  Now a Windows version is pending I am very interested.  I think this could suit me far better than Roon that I am using now.

I have a question for the experienced A+ was users, how does it deal with individual track ratings?  I have many thousands of individually rated tracks in iTunes, does A+ deal with them with similar functionality to iTunes?

A second question, I am currently running convolution filters as produced by Thierry’s “Home Audio Fidelity”. Does anyone have experience with running these in A+?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

I’ve enjoyed A+ for quite a while now and find the Tidal integration especially cool for previewing new music. Has anyone discussed how A+ might respond if Tidal should go under? The stories of their financial distress come every week. I hope it doesn’t happen, of course, or that some larger media conglomerate would swoop in and save the service.

This isn’t worth addressing Damien directly, I think; it’s speculative and he’s probably busier than ever, with the Windows version coming.

20 hours ago, AmosM said:

I’ve enjoyed A+ for quite a while now and find the Tidal integration especially cool for previewing new music. Has anyone discussed how A+ might respond if Tidal should go under? The stories of their financial distress come every week. I hope it doesn’t happen, of course, or that some larger media conglomerate would swoop in and save the service.

This isn’t worth addressing Damien directly, I think; it’s speculative and he’s probably busier than ever, with the Windows version coming.

You can always go with Qobuz.

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe you're in the US, so starting soon you can use Qobuz when it launches officially. Until then, you can signup for it by going around the system.

I hadn’t been paying attention - nice to know Qobuz will be available here.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, steveoat said:

The beta was supposed to be released a week ago.  Every announced date keeps getting pushed back.

I would have never made a living if I kept missing deadlines.

I know Damien is working quite hard on it.  The “deadlines” are really just predictions, and I’m not sure how good a living anyone might make in the predicting business.  :)  Probably people should not make predictions at all where the task to be accomplished is so multi-faceted, but of course as soon as Damien announces a new feature or capability, particularly one of this magnitude, the first question is inevitably “Ooh, when!?”  I imagine it is then hard to resist giving a reply.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, steveoat said:

If Audirvana for windows is ever released.  I've never seen so many delays in a product!!

Oh, Merging Technologies promised a player for years and it never eventuated .... also Amarra is reknown for shifting dates , Damien’s creations are eagerly anticipated, so people can get twitchy, just imagine it’s September for the time being.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

21 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Oh, I see. Is it worth the NADAC to buy it though? 

The NADAC owners I'm aware of tend to use other software apps with their DAC.

But it is an option that comes for those who want to give it a spin.

Is anyone here using A+ 3.2.7 with AU plugins sent to a renderer?  If so, which protocol and renderer are you using?  I want to try the network renderer route, but won't if I can't keep my AU plugins as they are a vital part of my chain.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:32 AM, buonassi said:

Is anyone here using A+ 3.2.7 with AU plugins sent to a renderer?  If so, which protocol and renderer are you using?  I want to try the network renderer route, but won't if I can't keep my AU plugins as they are a vital part of my chain.

I've asked the same question a couple of times in another thread:

I am playing 3.2.7 to a DLNA renderer and using the Sonarworks AU. Realtime audio units and control does not appear during playback and I don't believe I am hearing any difference in sound. Direct connected via USB, everything works as expected.

The A+ website does say AU are compatible with uPnP; just curious if anyone else is seeing the same behavior.

My DLNA renderer is a Bryston BDP-1. My experience: the answer is 'no' to support for AU plug-ins with A+ and DLNA.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

Before joining this forum, I searched it and the web in general for answers to the problem of AV 3 stalling out with 3 seconds left to the track. It continues to do this and the only way to stop it is to reboot the whole computer and start over again. The whole system is up to date with all of Apple's software. AV is up to date. I'd like to buy this software, but unless there is a real fix to this problem, I won't be bothered to.

Yes, my music is kept on a separate hard drive. this has long been considered the way to keep music on a mac. All of the files in iTunes are either kept as Apple Lossless or AIFF. It does irregardless of file type.