IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

2 hours ago, buonassi said:

Then again, he could be crypto-mining on my machine right now and I'd never know ;) 

Sadly i’m not that competent, i just rewrite the text file, to be much more clearer. This all started on A+ Own Forum. As it is said in the text, you could use your own El Capitan .ktext if not sure ?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

For what i know from all those updates that A+ went through and the library changes with 1.5 to 2.6 then v3. Many users have had conflicts because since 2.6 around the library files are double in the the A+ folder one for the old with 3 files and the new database with just one file... thought to go back old version if you don’t remove one and know what to do ?

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

@Dan The Man

I would say pretty easy to forget the 1.5.x version, with or without iTunes... you are with Sierra or High Sierra, Direct Mode can’t be seen in audio settings of A+. It’s a tiny feature that doesn’t work anymore without playing with system files... for me, it is not worth it, but for me also not difficult to try it to see even with macOS Mojave beta2.

i can do many things but i don't know still how to paste a user name with the @ sign in front ?

22 hours ago, pl_svn said:

Auralic (with fw5.x for all their streamers and DACs) now has Spotify streaming too ;)

... not that I am even just slightly interested in it ?

It STILL requires you to download and use the Spotify app as a control point; the Auralic just shows up as an output device. This is a totally different model as opposed to what Audirvana+ offers.

oh, ok. never tried as I’m not interested in Spotify: thought it was available in Lightning DS

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Hi... Me again...

Can someone please indicate me a place where I can download a problem free El Capitan version to be used as a bootable USB for my mac mini ? 

Since this morning every site I have founded the version of El Capitan is not working....

Thank again

Dan The Man

4 minutes ago, Dan The Man said:

Hi... Me again...

Can someone please indicate me a place where I can download a problem free El Capitan version to be used as a bootable USB for my mac mini ? 

Since this morning every site I have founded the version of El Capitan is not working....

Thank again

Dan The Man

Check in Apple Store. If you downloaded previously it must be available again.

If not... could be difficult.

It's good habit to store previous OS X versions installers.

Roch

6 minutes ago, Dan The Man said:

Anybody else with a good idea ? 

I PM you...

On 6/29/2018 at 11:02 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

have you try clicking the alt key with the green button on top left of A+ mac window... this will put it full loading but not full screen... it should take all the window you have on your window size... then close A+, restart it to see if it still all open wide. Restart mac then A+ again to see... if it holds :)

This worked on the third try after reboot. Weirdness.

22 minutes ago, Dan The Man said:

Hi RunHomeSlow...

Every thing about the installation seem Ok....

Now fiddling with A+ 3.2....(library)

Will see later if still perfect....

Thank a LOT....

Dan The Man

Happy for you !

When you are done and all is working in A+. Go there and copy the database and your A+ preferences to another folder on your Mac for today's backup... I do that everyday when i change something in my library... if a bug occur later, you just quit A+ and put back the 2 files where they belong, Restart Mac, Open A+ then the library will be like it was the day you save it.

Before you do that, take an hour around since your library is big to do the 3 steps for optimizing your database like in the picture, yes the three steps. Then...

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
copy that file (that is your database of music)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
 just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...
click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

file.jpg

Copying those files will be the first thing i'll do before updating the v3.5, just in case ?

14 hours ago, Dan The Man said:

Hi elcorso...

First thank for your answer...

I have checked with appStore,

first I am in Canada, so no more El Capitan,

Second I never bought El Capitan... So I cannot check in my purchased item....

Anybody else with a good idea ?

It's at the App Store (I'm in Canada too), but hidden. Try this link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1147835434?mt=12

Can't open A+ now, always asking my serial number... even when i wrote it.

A+ website seems down now, this works together??? not fun.

Error establishing a database connection on audirvana.com

Am i alone like that?

8 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Am i alone like that?

I'm in the exact same situation, which is why I came to CA to see if anyone else was experiencing it.

Very odd.

13 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Am i alone like that?

Same here. 

Dan

Damien is surely sleeping now... Arf!!

This is bad, it shouldn't happen since it suppose to check once a month

so it should be happening only if he can't see your license for a month, not the second after the website goes down...

or those two things don't go together, but i can't listen to my music now with the software i paid for :(

29 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Am i alone like that?

Same here.

It seems Audirvana has a very poorly written security check whereby the application assumes an invalid key if it can't reach it's verification server. This is unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Damien is surely sleeping now... Arf!!

This is bad, it shouldn't happen since it suppose to check once a month

so it should be happening only if he can't see your license for a month, not the second after the website goes down...

or those two things don't go together, but i can't listen to my music now with soft i paid for :(

I bought and entered my license 10 days ago - the verification check you are referring to is definitely not once a month.

Yep, it's completely locked.  Bought my license a couple of weeks ago (despite also having Roon) and this was going to be one of my first good listening nights. To say I'm dumbfounded that we are ALL locked out of our own purchased software by this outage would be an understatement.  Deeply regret handing money over to them at this point.  

Well, this is not just a restart of a website... this has to be changed!!

my software has to work ALWAYS or call me before you cut my pleasure if you don’t have any good reason for shutting me down. Bad, bad, bad.