IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

49 minutes ago, RobertinMn said:

AV 3 stalling out with 3 seconds left to the track. It continues to do this and the only way to stop it is to reboot the whole computer and start over again. The whole system is up to date with all of Apple's software

As you have, i had that too sometimes in the past with A+...

i was upsampling or and have Direct Mode hack on or not,

this was not happening always or on every CD, though to find where it comes from or why...

Did someone find a solution for sure... Mmmm, i never have this bug again now...

Really start from scratch... forget iTunes for any reason it can connect with A+.

So if your system is up to date, you are on High Sierra, so Direct Mode is not working.

I'm on Mojave 10.14b2 and never still see that bug. No Direct Mode hack, no upsampling,

just A+ sounded as it should.

Forget upsampling if you do FOR NOW. Don't bother if you don't :)

Starting from scratch doesn't take long and helps a lot when people long use of A+ more

if they were with 2.6.x and passing with 3.x.x with the database changes, lots of corrupted bugs happenned...

Start fresh A+ by deleting those files… looks long, but takes one minute.

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder... When A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back if you made some, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...
Install A+ alone with your database... if working, log to Roon or else after.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC.  This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

Don't upsample next, don't touch memory, will be at max for what you have as Mac and system by default,

just load your music, wait... then play a song... SysOpt will ask to install... then the song start and finish,

and all the others too if it works :)

When choosing library at first on next start it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not... go to sleep and see next day if too long :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

As you have, i had that too sometimes in the past with A+... i was upsampling or had Direct Mode hack on or not,

this was not happening always or on every CD, though to find where it comes from...

Did someone find a solution for sure... Mmmm, i never have this bug again now...

Really start from scratch... forget iTunes for any reason it can connect with A+.

So if your system is up to date, you are on High Sierra, so Direct Mode is not working.

I'm on Mojave 10.14b2 and never still see that bug. No Direct Mode hack, no upsampling, just A+ sound as it should.

Forget upsampling if you do FOR NOW. Don't bother if you don't :)

Starting from scratch doesn't take long and helps a lot when people long use of A+

more if they were with 2.6.x and passing with 3.x.x with the database changes...

Start fresh A+ by deleting those files… looks long, but takes one minute.

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder... When A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back if you made some, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...
Install A+ alone with your database... if working, log to Roon or else after.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC.  This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

Don't upsample next, don't touch memory, will be at max for what you have as Mac and system by default,

just load your music, wait... then play a song... SysOpt will ask to install... then the song start and finish,

and all the others too if it works :)

When choosing library at first on next start it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not... go to sleep and see next day if too long :)

ThaNKS, RHS, I'll give this a shot and see what happens. I like the app and the sound it produces, I just find this to be a major hassle. I want to buy that newer Marantz DAC in the near future and use this to run it, but not if I cannot find a perfect fix for this.

Since you are quick to respond... there is also the menu File in A+...

Library...

Optimise Database...

You can try that first... the three options, one after the other... it is not that long the third one...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

3 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Since you are quick to respond... there is also the menu File in A+...

Library...

Optimise Database...

You can try that first... the three options, one after the other... it is not that long the third one...

Where do you turn off upsampling?

it is not on by default...

preferences... audio filters... force upsampling at none

if you do the recipy from starting new, all we be like you never tried A+...

so, simple for everyday user as A+ wanted you to try...

then you can upsample, playing with memory... log with roon or others i cant remember now that i don't use :)

Just now, RunHomeSlow said:

if you do the recipy from starting new, all we be like you never tried A+...

so, simple for everyday user as A+ wanterd you to try...

then you can upsample, playing with memory... log with roon or others i cant remember now that i don't use :)

Okay--I don't remember turing it on--it is.

You're a good egg, RHS.

Waiting for the new 3.5 version coming soon or not...

i'll surely backup my database and prefs of A+ before upgrading for that new look and database changes...

My library of music is now perfectly looking in any way in A+, JRiver and playing but not looking as good in HQPlayer :)

8 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Waiting for the new 3.5 version coming soon or not...

i'll surely backup my database and prefs of A+ before upgrading for that new look and database changes...

My library of music is now perfectly looking in any way in A+, JRiver and playing but not looking as good in HQPlayer :)

do you use option one or two database syncing? specify the folder or just use the iTunes option?

4 minutes ago, RobertinMn said:

do you use option one or two database syncing? specify the folder or just use the iTunes option?

Nerver heard of iTunes ?

stay simple...

I would never tell iTunes either, where my music is... 

All my new cd are made in mp3 with jriver and then transfer to another mac where i load all my mp3 to iTunes

Why you record through that A+ processing hoping for no bugs after?

I can load windows 10 in parallel desktop while starting A+ guessing it will not stop for a sec or two...

3 minutes ago, RobertinMn said:

that second machine uses A+?

No just seeing that mac as screen sharing. A+, JRiver and HQPlayer just used on a mac mini for music. Mp3 are transfered to old imac to be stored on ext backup, for my iphone music

5 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

No just seeing that mac as screen sharing. A+, JRiver and HQPlayer just used on a mac mini for music. Mp3 are transfered to old imac to be stored on ext backup, for my iphone music

i understand. I've used an external drive to store the music on for many years. I also have it backed up to two other computers.

2-3 second stalling problem at end of tracks.
Does this crash the App or the system? No need to reboot, simply forward to next track.

I experienced this with a few times with a few versions of A+3 but this problem seem to come and go.
When I changed my DAC to my current one the problem had completely disappeared but it happened again with the latest version and with my current DAC.
I tried a few things to solve the problem and in the end checking the "prevent screen from going to sleep" in the general options of A+ 3 solved the problem for me!
This may solve yours too.
Good luck.
Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

Hi Guys, what I'm trying to achieve is based on my own preference and I'd appreciate some input from some music lovers who also like dipping their toes into technical matters. I really like the way AP sounds and the whole concept of running it on a Mac-Mini in conjunction with the A+ mobile remote app is very attractive. I have a few questions:-

1. The A+ mobile app allows one to control AP in terms of playing music files within AP and steaming music from services like TIDAL, is that right ?
  2. Does AP work with Apple Music ?
  3. Does A+ allow for a track that exists on an iPhone to be streamed to AP running on a Mac-Mini ?

So here is what I want to do: Based on my own preference, I want to configure a 2.1 music system using a powered subwoofer and a 2-channel power amp. I want to use AP's internal software DAC and would like to connect my equipment as follows: The Mac-Mini running AP will be connected to a miniDSP 2x4HD unit via USB, the miniDSP will then be connected to a 2-channel power amp for left and right. The miniDSP will also have a separate connection to a powered subwoofer through a crossover filter (e.g. 80Hz or 100Hz). I presume this will give me ultimate volume control directly within the A+ remote app on my iPhone. Hence, I am not interested in buying a separate 2-channel processor or DAC, the Mac-Mini running AP will connect directly to a 2-channel power amp.

Has anyone tried this ? Input from other fellow members will be appreciated. Please respect my personal preferences, it is not my intention to disrespect audiophiles who have their own preferences, I just need input from knowledgeable and technically inclined music lovers.

3 hours ago, Sam Ash said:

Hi Guys, what I'm trying to achieve is based on my own preference and I'd appreciate some input from some music lovers who also like dipping their toes into technical matters. I really like the way AP sounds and the whole concept of running it on a Mac-Mini in conjunction with the A+ mobile remote app is very attractive. I have a few questions:-

1. The A+ mobile app allows one to control AP in terms of playing music files within AP and steaming music from services like TIDAL, is that right ?
  2. Does AP work with Apple Music ?
  3. Does A+ allow for a track that exists on an iPhone to be streamed to AP running on a Mac-Mini ?

So here is what I want to do: Based on my own preference, I want to configure a 2.1 music system using a powered subwoofer and a 2-channel power amp. I want to use AP's internal software DAC and would like to connect my equipment as follows: The Mac-Mini running AP will be connected to a miniDSP 2x4HD unit via USB, the miniDSP will then be connected to a 2-channel power amp for left and right. The miniDSP will also have a separate connection to a powered subwoofer through a crossover filter (e.g. 80Hz or 100Hz). I presume this will give me ultimate volume control directly within the A+ remote app on my iPhone. Hence, I am not interested in buying a separate 2-channel processor or DAC, the Mac-Mini running AP will connect directly to a 2-channel power amp.

Has anyone tried this ? Input from other fellow members will be appreciated. Please respect my personal preferences, it is not my intention to disrespect audiophiles who have their own preferences, I just need input from knowledgeable and technically inclined music lovers.

You could try to see whether files from Apple Music stored on your iPhone can be designated as a library in A+, or if not whether there's software making such files available on your home network that would enable this. (Linux has FUSE; don't know what exists in other operating systems.)

If you are talking about streaming rather than stored files, I think there might be a way to do it, but I think it would involve AirPlay, which I haven't fiddled with in years. So unfortunately there's nothing I can tell you on that front.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Audirvana tagging oddity.

I have one album, shown in photos, that is acting up.  And only in Audirvana + When I add in the Conductor tag, A+ adds the Conductor to the artists tag as well.  JRiver doesn't do that, you can see it in the photos.  How in the heck do I get A+ to not do this?

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.16.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 4.18.17 PM.png

No electron left behind.

45 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

How in the heck do I get A+ to not do this?

you can't!

and that's not the only tag related A+ "weirdness" ?

(don't even get me started on what happens with Artist/Composer in the Grouping tag ?)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones