IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 7:19 PM, arlese said:

This is a question for @damien78

Any plans for an iOS music player?

I would love to connect my iPad to my DAC and by-pass the computer all together but retain the sound quality and functionality of Audirvana.

I would wait until Damien will launch native Audirvana for the upcoming ARM based Macs. Then I assume Audirvana will run on both MacOS and IOS.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

• 5 months later...

Finally I can use Audirvana. I had a very old computer and it was almost unusable. So much that I couldn't listen to streaming services. Now I bought a new computer and it's very good. I'll keep it for second after Roon.

Although it has some small annoying UI things it's not bothering me at all.

Trying out an eval of latest audirvana.  Installed it on my Win10 laptop.  All I want to do is add my library which resides on my NAS (for this example).  For the life of me I cannot find away to do this and have searched forums with no results as well as I see no help file to specifically talk about this? Maybe its my search criteria or whatever but anyway.

My NAS has many shares and I access the shares for other applications via IP:

\\192.168.20.10\Multimedia\Music

The multimedia folder is the share point and can access it from win and ubuntu

When I go into audirvana and select add folders, it comes up with the default windows dialog/explorer and I select the mapped drive I have on my laptop:

M:\\192.168.20.10\Multimedia\Music

Nothing happens?  I see no other way to hardcode this via smb, cifs or whatever.  I never use windows "network neighborhood" or whatever to browse network

I can browse, add, delete files etc.. from on this mapped drive from my win explorer

Thoughts?

My rig

• 9 months later...

Well, that was quick: I simply can't see the Aries Femto as an output device via Wi-fi/Ethernet: Mac > WiFi devices > Ethernet > Aries Femto > DAC.

A quick search of support for Audirvana suggests that the only solution with my hardware is computer to DAC via USB. Not only is this not possible, it's not desirable as I prefer the sound of AES over USB with my setup. But, that's a different topic. The only other solution is to use hardware that is Audirvana compliant, but it's not clear to me that that would even work over Wi-Fi and Ethernet.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Update: Success with A. and Wi-Fi and Auralic Aries! Here's how I did it on my Mac:

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.