IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Another weirdness is its inability to remember the window size it has when it was last closed. I do not like apps which start up in tiny windows or cannot be set to load in full window mode. If all I'm using the mac for is a music/movie server, why the hell would I even want a tiny window. Easily fixed, I know. However, it does not behave like a native mac app in this regard. it is the only app I have ever seen (as I type this on my macbook pro) that cannot remember its window size when last used.

Mine is always the same size taking all the place i gave it without being in  full screen mode

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

2 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Mine is always the same size taking all the place i gave it without being in  full screen mode

same here (on 3 different MACs with 2 different OS X versions)

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

+1

window size and position are always retained across relaunches

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

On 6/28/2018 at 6:02 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

not for me--it always reopens to default size that is small. But, my monitor is set to 1080P, so maybe that's the difference on my end. Annoying as no other app does it.

20 minutes ago, RobertinMn said:

not for me--it always reopens to default size that is small. But, my monitor is set to 1080P, so maybe that's the difference on my end. Annoying as no other app does it.

have you try clicking the alt key with the green button on top left of A+ mac window... this will put it full loading but not full screen... it should take all the window you have on your window size... then close A+, restart it to see if it still all open wide. Restart mac then A+ again to see... if it holds :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

I'm out, receiving 30 people tomorrow, so won't be here ?

if it's not working still, try deleting your preferences of Audirvana...
Close A+. Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences... trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder

(those are A+ software preferences... trash them or copy them elsewhere before trashing).
Restart mac. Restart A+. Select your device and all prefs like before and see.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

4 hours ago, Sam Ash said:

Is there any way to integrate Spotify into Audirvana Plus 3 ?

Not to sound uppity, but spotify caters to a different market than Qobuz and Tidal, which offer lossless files.  I don't want to speak for Damien, but I doubt Spotify (or Apple/Google/Amazon) fits into his vision for an audiophile music software. 

Then again, there have been rumors of Spotify offering lossless - and if that's the case, that may change things quite a bit!

3 hours ago, buonassi said:

Not to sound uppity, but spotify caters to a different market than Qobuz and Tidal, which offer lossless files.  I don't want to speak for Damien, but I doubt Spotify (or Apple/Google/Amazon) fits into his vision for an audiophile music software. 

Then again, there have been rumors of Spotify offering lossless - and if that's the case, that may change things quite a bit!

Thanks Buonassi, all my 320kbps MP3 files sound very nice via AP. A lot of my friends would consider AP on my recommendation if Spotify was part of the equation. I think Damien should consider it as an option and apply it to A+ too. The other option would be to download all the music and use it directly as part of AP physical playlists but more and more people are beginning to appreciate the concept of streaming music.

@Sam Ash

Spotify will never be incorporated into A+ because Spotify wants complete conrol over the end user experience.

If you look at the control point players that incorporate Tidal and Qobuz - Lumin, Linn, BubbleUPnP, A+, etc. - none of them incorporate Spotify. All of the hardware that permits Spotify streaming requires that you download the Spotify app at the control point.

This is my understanding of the current state of things. (I am not a Spotify customer.)

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Auralic (with fw5.x for all their streamers and DACs) now has Spotify streaming too ;)

... not that I am even just slightly interested in it ?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I want to stream to a Raspberry Pi 3 B+. I loaded "mpd" and "upmpdcli"

I can't get any sound out. Seems like it is looping:

:4:libupnpp/device/device.cxx:319::UPNP_CONTROL_ACTION_REQUEST: GetPositionInfo. Params: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<u:GetPositionInfo xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1">

<InstanceID>0</InstanceID>

</u:GetPositionInfo>

:4:libupnpp/device/device.cxx:319::UPNP_CONTROL_ACTION_REQUEST: GetPositionInfo. Params: <?xml version="1.0"?>

?

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Hi everyone...

New member here, but been reading good advice here, from the early 1.4 version in 2012

Just installed version 3.2.7 of A+, that was an upgrade from my previous version used that was 1.5.10... This is on a mac mini I5 2012 that was using Os x 10.7.5...  I had to upgrade to Sierra and then could upgrade to High Sierra (that was before reading about El Capitan being maybe the best problem free Os x version... (for Direct Mode)

2 questions....

1- After reading mostly of the 89 pages here, I found that there was a problem with Direct Mode not working because some restriction from Apple...   If in the new version that I am using now, I can see SysOpt lighted up (right up corner) in the main window, does that mean that it it working ? I hear very little difference (or maybe it's in my head...)

2- After installing the new trial 3.2 version (that I will pay for, very soon) my older version 1.5.10 stopped working. I always get the message INITIALIZING AUDIO DEVICE when pressing to play a song. I have deleted it's preferences (many attempt) with an App call Zapper. I tried reinstalling the program, but in the end always returning to the problematic message... Does someone got answer for me as how to fix this? I would like to be able to compare SQ from the same song in both version...

In the end, it took me around two days of trial and error to make 3.2 work like it is supposed to do. Maybe there was a conflict with my previous version, but didn't have any music playing for that time. Now every thing is working perfectly, I think (beside Direct Mode that I am not so sure...)

Thank again

Dan The Man

20 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I have the same bug (luckily rarely).

Damien has been aware of it for quite a while but given that is so hard to consistently reproduce he hasn’t been to fix it yet. If you see any way of consistently reproducing the issue please let Damien know. 

See how runhomeslow solved the problem for me above. It did work--I no longer have that issue.

1 hour ago, Dan The Man said:

Hi everyone...

New member here, but been reading good advice here, from the early 1.4 version in 2012

Just installed version 3.2.7 of A+, that was an upgrade from my previous version used that was 1.5.10... This is on a mac mini I5 2012 that was using Os x 10.7.5...  I had to upgrade to Sierra and then could upgrade to High Sierra (that was before reading about El Capitan being maybe the best problem free Os x version... (for Direct Mode)

2 questions....

1- After reading mostly of the 89 pages here, I found that there was a problem with Direct Mode not working because some restriction from Apple...   If in the new version that I am using now, I can see SysOpt lighted up (right up corner) in the main window, does that mean that it it working ? I hear very little difference (or maybe it's in my head...)

2- After installing the new trial 3.2 version (that I will pay for, very soon) my older version 1.5.10 stopped working. I always get the message INITIALIZING AUDIO DEVICE when pressing to play a song. I have deleted it's preferences (many attempt) with an App call Zapper. I tried reinstalling the program, but in the end always returning to the problematic message... Does someone got answer for me as how to fix this? I would like to be able to compare SQ from the same song in both version...

In the end, it took me around two days of trial and error to make 3.2 work like it is supposed to do. Maybe there was a conflict with my previous version, but didn't have any music playing for that time. Now every thing in version 3.2  is working perfectly, I think (beside Direct Mode that I am not so sure...) But 1.5.10 version still not working....

Thank again

Dan The Man

Oups sorry for duplicate post....

On 6/29/2018 at 11:02 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

have you try clicking the alt key with the green button on top left of A+ mac window... this will put it full loading but not full screen... it should take all the window you have on your window size... then close A+, restart it to see if it still all open wide. Restart mac then A+ again to see... if it holds :)

I don't have  a green window button on the left side of the app window--it's  grayed out.

24 minutes ago, RobertinMn said:

I don't have  a green window button on the left side of the app window--it's  grayed out.

again mine finder windows have always the green button on it is the red and yellow that become greyed in full screen mode.

have you tried like i said after first post to delete your A+ preferences since it is only happen with A+...

7 hours ago, Dan The Man said:

After reading mostly of the 89 pages here

bless your heart man.  while it's a noble thing to search and read a bit before posting - I dont think anyone expects you to read 89 pages!  But props for putting in some effort.  

I can address your first question, but the second I'm sorry to say, don't have any experience with two instances of A+ running side by side.

1.  no, direct mode and system optimizer are two different things.  If you're interested in achieving direct mode, you are following the right advice.  @RunHomeSlow has been very helpful and has done some heavily lifting for folks wanting to get this working.  I believe he's made even the audio kext file available for those who don't have access to the earlier version needed.  FWIW, I used his kext file with no problems.  Then again, he could be crypto-mining on my machine right now and I'd never know ;) 

8 hours ago, Dan The Man said:

Thank alot buonassi...

Now I understand why I wasn't able to find what was the direct mode...

Since it doesn't work (for now) I wasn't able to find it... So I found few screen shot showing where it is (just beside integer mode)... Now every thing is a lot clearer... I will try the recipe for make it work...

And yes in version one I was able to use like version 1.5.10 and then switch to 1.5.12 for sound quality comparison, but from version 1 to version 2, or to version 3, maybe it is not working...

Thank again

Dan The Man