IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Smartphones are the trojan horse here.  Sell the catalog depth and convenience to gain customers then MQA goes along for the ride.  This is the point I made in my article.  

Hirez interest is small which is why you can't go the other way by building a SACD or DVD-Audio disc then trying to gain consumer attention.

MQA and the labels are betting, and I think rightly so, that the best way to attract customer is through convenience.  My guess is a strong manager at Universal may not know how many "hirez" subscriptions he will sell nor will he care as long as he gets enough annuity income via monthly subscriptions.

Do your Rose Coloured Glasses have a large MQA logo on them?

9 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

You went to another forum to malign this forum. You attacked the credibility of the membership.

So what?  This is just accurate reporting. CA is a hostile community to many.  Perhaps Chris thinks this brings out a more lively debate but the side effect of the hostility is that it scares off many experienced people.

You and others have attacked my character without knowing me or my intentions.  I don't see value in responding any more to your posts.

14 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

Definitely a large stretch.  I subscribe to Apple Music for phone use, it's all I need for my bluetooth headphones when walking around.

I started off writing for Headphone Guru which I helped a friend start.  I know from that experience that there is a growing interest in non-audiophiles listening to better quality files.  Although I suppose that if people listen to Tidal HiFi then at some point they really are audiophiles.

3 minutes ago, Mordikai said:

You really should stop calling yourself a journalist. What investigations/research have you carried out on MQA and the technology it uses? Have you sought out people who have knowledge and are respected and have issues with MQA? Have you researched and addressed the issues they have with MQA? Just repeating talking points is not journalism. Defending MQA on forums is not journalism. Dismissing all issues people have is not journalism. Being a journalist requires a certain amount of skepticism, and an inquiring mind. I would say you are a reporter for the audio industry and should say as much.

I am talking to both sides of the MQA debate for my second article.

Also, I am not defending MQA, so far I am defending the business model.

17 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Also, I am not defending MQA, so far I am defending the business model.

Defending putting one over on the consumer by hawking a questionable product is not what I would want to defend.

There should be more pointed questions to those manufacturers who have incorporated MQA in their product line, make them defend themselves also, don't leave it only to MQA to defend their product

Jim

While I have issues with the whole idea of MQA, I do find the overall antagonism of the debate to be off putting. We could do with. A bit more civility. With that said, I have to Ask Lee, is not defending the MQA business model the same thing as defending MQA. Cheers.