IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

4 minutes ago, John_Atkinson said:

I attended the presentation at AXPONA because many opponents of MQA - including, IIRC, Chris Connaker - had said they would be there to ask Mike Jbara questions. However, as you can read in my report - https://www.stereophile.com/content/mqa-master-class - none of the critics turned up. So it goes.

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile

I would've loved to be there, but as you know shows get going and one can lose track of time easily. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 minutes ago, firedog said:

Maybe after the screaming and table pounding directed at Chris at his previous appearance, it's considered by many a waste of time to try....Or was that the point of the rude behavior? 

Yes, can you IMAGINE attending someone else's presentation and then interrupting with questions and attacks.?

Sheesh. That could never happen.  🤣

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I understand. It's like watching Lawrence Taylor sack Joe Theismann. Painful to watch.

I was actually thinking Dick Butkus.......

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

The AXPONA presentation reminded me of this......

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

2 hours ago, John_Atkinson said:

I attended the presentation at AXPONA because many opponents of MQA - including, IIRC, Chris Connaker - had said they would be there to ask Mike Jbara questions. However, as you can read in my report - https://www.stereophile.com/content/mqa-master-class - none of the critics turned up. So it goes.

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile

I had to thank you for your honesty here JA!  Notice why you attended the presentation.  Not to be an "audio journalist" yourself - not to ask the hard, factual questions yourself or as a "journalist" for Stereophile around the truth of MQA.  No, your were there because of the controversy itself, and (if your honest) what you consider the sideshow of these "opponents", who themselves are more interesting.  You agree with A. Quint and others who think the actual consumers of MQA have no real ability or even interest in the truth of MQA, and thus are in a social/political manner merely "reacting" and that is the story worth watching and attending.  

No doubt you consider our host Chris C to be somewhat of a fool - an insider who got caught up with the rabble consumers and betrayed his position and place in the industry.

Oh well...Stereophile and the like were never about journalism in the first place.  So it goes.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

7 hours ago, firedog said:

Oh, I'm sure the material is "signed off" on by someone - the question is by whom? We already know that it can be a record company paper pusher, and not any artist-musician, producer, or engineer of the original. 

The most obvious example is very old legacy material - the principals aren't even around to "authenticate". 

Surely, Warner isn't calling in the original artists, producers, or engineers to "authenticate" the MQAing of their catalog.

mQa is dead!

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Which MQA CDs do you have?

I’d bet a lot of money that any sonic improvements you hear are due to mastering. 

If you like the sound, nobody can argue with that. It’s the underlying technology that is the issue for most people. 

Correction: Any sonic improvements are imagined. Most if not all of these MQA CDs are dumbed down versions of previously released Hirez versions. 

1 minute ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Correction: Any sonic improvements are imagined. Most if not all of these MQA CDs are dumbed down versions of previously released Hirez versions. 

Incorrect. If he has a previous CD and is comparing it to MQA CD, there may be sonic improvements due to mastering etc...

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png