IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Where new A+ 2.6.1 creates the library by default? I now that it does not touch the 2.5.4 lib, but where is the new one though?

Not home to check right now, but I believe that may be shown in Library Preferences - let me know if that's not correct.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Audirvana + and Audirvana Remote album display inconsistency.

First I would like to thank Damien for the 2.6 iteration of a software we all love.

I am particularly happy with the use of the "Sort Artist" and its implementation.

However, it seems to me that the IOS remote app does not offer the display of Albums by "Sort Artist".

Have I missed something?

Is it a planned evolution for future versions of the IOS app?

I am sure someone could alleviate my fears on that account, but who will?

How to change album artists if are locked and greyed out from editing? Also why some metadata are not possible to edit via A+? What the hell!

There are two cases: Either you try to change metadata to an ISO file, or there is a .cue file in the folder. So, converting the ISO to .dff files, or remove the .cue from the folder, will probably solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

You can try 2.6.1 it's extremely close to 2.5.3 and you have zero risk because 2.6.1 is building a new database that will not change the existing one of 2.5.3.

Just rename current with 2.5.3 and install 2.6.1 side by side to test yourself

Well I am happy to report that all is well with 2.6.1.

I opted to start out with a fresh db and config since I do not have to worry about local file management/metadata issues as I am a Tidal user. SQ is same as before, excellent.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

There are two cases: Either you try to change metadata to an ISO file, or there is a .cue file in the folder. So, converting the ISO to .dff files, or remove the .cue from the folder, will probably solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

No, it's a normal catalogue with CD rip. Indeed, I had a .cue file inside. Removed it, but it did not help unfortunately. ISO files I am aware of it already.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

No, it's a normal catalogue with CD rip. Indeed, I had a .cue file inside. Removed it, but it did not help unfortunately. ISO files I am aware of it already.

You may want to drag the folder out of your music library, resync, then drag back in and resyc. That sometimes clears up gremlins for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Hi people,

I want to return back to my back up version from 2.6.1 to 2.5.x (whatever that was). Is restoring the app under applications and the library file shown in the preferences enough to do so?

Thanks.

i think you just have to put back 2.5.4 in the application and rename the other to 2.6.1 before

if you want to keep the two. They work with a different library situated in the same folder but with a different name , so the two works without touching each others library :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hi All,

First a big THANK YOU to Damien for his efforts. I think we really need to appreciate the way that this update process was done. Damien did it almost interactively and was great to be part of this. I think that involving the regular users (and not only a few limited number) in the beta testing process paid well to the final result. I know that was not easy as many bugs or feature reporting were coming again and again and sometimes some of the users get frustrated. It is true they were very few and I think they were so without a reason as all these pre-releases were clearly beta versions and installing was voluntarily.

I am using 2 SW players Audirvana and HQ player and by far the most satisfying one is Audirvana. For me, a listening session is comprising not only in the listening to the music but also choosing/discovering the music to play. If the player interface is not good and easy to use, soon the annoyance of finding an album in the library spoil the mood and the listening session is mostly compromised. Audirvana is by far the best player that I've used, providing both excellent SQ and excellent interface to browse my music library. To use it is a pure pleasure.

Unfortunately I could not use it all the time as my computer is far from the audio rack. This is the reason that I use HQ player (with the NAA client) to remotely stream the music over the network to my speaker system. For HP listening I use Audirvana. But even when I use HQ player to play the music through my speaker system I use Audirvana to browse and locate the albums to listen as HQP interface is barely minimum (the library is displayed just as a list of artists without any possibilities to customize/sort it and no album art view (excepting the "Touch interface" is also rough and limited).

These being said I would like to thank again to Damien for these wonderful software and for his great efforts to enhance our listening experience at all levels: library management, library browsing/view, music selection and GREAT SQ! All in one!

If in a future version the network streaming to a thin client will be added ( Please! )then we will come very close to the perfect music player. :)

The most sincere thanks in more than 25 years of using software of any type for Damien!

I'm beginning to wonder if I have 2.6.1 correctly installed...looking at the left side menu, I don't see a "Browse" function. Also, I definitely only have one set of music files stored on my hard drive.

Are there any other ways I can check all is working properly other than obviously clicking "About Audirvana Plus" or "Check for Updates"?

Sounds pretty nice, by the way. Thank you Damien for all your extraordinary efforts.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

I'm beginning to wonder if I have 2.6.1 correctly installed...looking at the left side menu, I don't see a "Browse" function. Also, I definitely only have one set of music files stored on my hard drive.

Are there any other ways I can check all is working properly other than obviously clicking "About Audirvana Plus" or "Check for Updates"?

Sounds pretty nice, by the way. Thank you Damien for all your extraordinary efforts.

Hello, you need to click on an iperlink, like composer or artist, ecc. then the browse function will appear in the left side menu.

Stefano

My audio system

AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite is used by 2.6.1!

Yes, that one is for 2.6.1, is the new file in that folder... they were three before, now four.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Bug report:

When I upsample from PCM to DSD 256 (filter A, 6th order), I get a VERY loud pop when A+ reaches the end of the queue and stops. I do not get this pop using iZotope upsampling to 352 KHz PCM.

Most tellingly, I do not get this pop if I press the Stop button in A+.

Therefore, the pop must be caused by A+ not stopping correctly when it reaches the end of the play queue.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Bug report:

When I upsample from PCM to DSD 256 (filter A, 6th order), I get a VERY loud pop when A+ reaches the end of the queue and stops. I do not get this pop using iZotope upsampling to 352 KHz PCM.

Most tellingly, I do not get this pop if I press the Stop button in A+.

Therefore, the pop must be caused by A+ not stopping correctly when it reaches the end of the play queue.

Does this happen also if you play a DSF file, or is it only when upsampling?

Audirvana + and Audirvana Remote album display inconsistency.

First I would like to thank Damien for the 2.6 iteration of a software we all love.

I am particularly happy with the use of the "Sort Artist" and its implementation.

However, it seems to me that the IOS remote app does not offer the display of Albums by "Sort Artist".

Have I missed something?

Is it a planned evolution for future versions of the IOS app?

I am sure someone could alleviate my fears on that account, but who will?

You are correct: the iOS remote is ignoring 'sort artist' and 'sort album'. So, I'm back to finding things under 'the'.

Does this happen also if you play a DSF file, or is it only when upsampling?

Mans,

Thanks for jumping in to help!

The loud pop happens only when converting PCM to DSD, not when playing DSF. Do you think there is a zero-crossing issue when your DSD converter algorithm runs out of audio input data?

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Damien, I'm sorry to trouble you with another issue...

My iOS app issues continue. Although, if I load, wait, play a track from splashtop, I can usually use the iOS app without A+ crashing.

This crash happens on El Capitan and Seirra without anything else running. I never had this issue before updating to the new iOS app. It happens with 2.6.1 and 2.5.99.16.

I will try sending a crash report through.

Appreciate any help from all and sundry.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Mans,

Thanks for jumping in to help!

The loud pop happens only when converting PCM to DSD, not when playing DSF. Do you think there is a zero-crossing issue when your DSD converter algorithm runs out of audio input data?

Running PCM to DSD256 using A8 modulator in El Cap, Direct Mode, Integer Mode 1, and don't recall experiencing this.

Are you running direct to amp using A+ volume control (I'm using preamp volume control)?

Does this happen with just a single track in the queue?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.