IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

I'm still having sorting issues in Album View (sorting by Album Artist/Year/Album Title) :-/

Neil Young is now among "B" artists (was between "J" ones in 2.6), Santana, Nina Simone, Bob Dylan, The Who, Jimi Hendrix and many others are all still between "Various Artists" albums

I don't care much, since on the iPad instead all is fine but... please Damien: let me send stuff to the Recycle Bin from a search result too

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Even after updating to 2.6.1, I'm still getting some split albums. One split album in particular had identical metadata across all tracks except the album art (half the files had the artwork in PNG and the other half JPG). Audirvana split this album into two albums based on the artwork, which surprised me as I didn't think Artwork factored into the sorting equation (by album).

Additionally, another album splits within Audirvana into a separate album for each track leaving me with 13 album listings and forcing me to manually queue up each track in order to listen to the album. In attempting to troubleshoot this, I retagged all fields within the album, ensuring consistent metadata (aside from track name and composer), and Audirvana still displays it as 13 albums.

I should also mention for what's it worth that I sync Audirvana to my iTunes library and that's how it derives it's library, for what's it worth.

I didn't realize but I was automatically updated to ver 2.6.1

I was asked to 'migrate' my tracks and given the choice to 'start from scratch' I just chose to migrate-was that a good decision?

It was done quickly.

I find the new web page 'better' than previously especially with my library and the look and access of the albums seems better but my favorites still are empty.

Am I to expect the SQ to improve(seems as great as before)? What I noticed is that a number of albums or individual songs now have different bit/sample rates ie 88kHz/96kHz/196kHz yet in the upper right hand corner it is still saying 16/44.1 FLAC stereo and upper left hand corner says DAC(Schiit non multibit Gungnir) says only 32/176.2/stereo yet in audio preferences it shows all green up to 196- so what am I hearing ie what bit rate and does it really make any difference in SQ?

How do I get especially with Qobuz the higher rez rates of some songs ie 96 or 196 AND why is The Stones new album on Qobuz only 88kHz? Do I have to get the sublime subscription and will I get higher rez while streaming(I really don't download much of anything)?

The Qobuz sublime subscription allows you to stream your purchases in 24-bit hi-res. I'm not sure why you would stream something you've downloaded, but that's the way it works.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

bump - I only saw one reply to this: that 2.6.1 sounds wonderful. Would love some more input/comparisons from others and details.

Also, if Damien could weigh in on Direct Mode's usefulness in Sierra that would be great. Maybe it's a just minefield he'd rather ignore with some saying no difference/better sound or the opposite depending on systems and ears.

For me the sound quality is very important using A+.

Any feedback to 2.6.1 in comparison to 2.5.4?

Wow, 19 betas then 2.6 and 2.6.1. Pretty amazing.

Damien has fixed bugs I've reported on previous betas before I could even figure out how to replicate them. I have great confidence in his ability.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

For me the sound quality is very important using A+.

Any feedback to 2.6.1 in comparison to 2.5.4?

To my hears 2.5.3 (2.5.4 is *almost* identical), 2.6b16 and 2.6.1 are really close in SQ and sound presentation. 2.6.1 has still a bit less depth (atmosphere) than the 2 others (reverb dismisses faster/too fast).

2.6b16 has less the feeling of body in bass domain but it's there and goes very deep in a controlled way

2.6.1 has good bass body but a bit short for very low bass (probably because they are less controlled)

2.5.3 has good bass body slightly better controlled and a bit shorter on very low bass than 2.6.1

(comparaison done "quickly" with a sample of 4-5 tracks)

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

How it is possible that SQ changed if Damien didn't touch the core audio module?

Psychoacoustic? :)

I am wondering that too, but hearing about all the acousticanervosa has made me squeamish and hold off from upgrading off of 2.5.3 since I am so happy with the SQ.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

I tried fixing the issue of multiple album display. This issue is Audirvana 2.6 shows multiple albums when the album contains more than one artist. Until ver 2.5, an album with various artist was property shown as one album as long as the album artist and the album name is the same. However, with the update to ver 2.6, the issue occurs. I thought about trying RunHomeSlow's solution but I found it painful to perform it on all the albums. So, I re-ripped Bodyguard soundtrack. With the re-ripping, A+2.6 property shows Bodyguard as one album and the issue was fixed. The issue could be with the meta data of my music files and I guess the new database of A+2.6 has different method of grouping album from A+2.5. I hope the issue is fixed with the next update so that the album is shown as one album as long as album artist and album name is identical.

My issue was fixed with 2.6.1. Thank you, Damien.

Umetaro, Tokyo, Japan

Dela(Melco)N1A/2012 i5 Mac Mini with 16GB memory - Audirvana/Pure Music/Amarra/JRMC - Devialet 800 - Wilson Audio Sasha

Hello Damien,

I have an issue with DSF (DSD) tracks (with last version b18 too) : The track change after 30 seconds (I play 1, then after 30 seconds audirvana goes to 2, etc.) Otherwise I like a lot the SQ of the version b16. If you can take out another version b19 with the SQ of b16!!!

THANKS A LOT DAMIEN!!!!

DAMIEN PRESIDENT! DAMIEN PRESIDENT!

Waouw, "Super Cuvée du Président" this 2.6.1 version. SQ is very good and no more issue! (With iTunes integrated mode too!!!)

THANK YOU

thanks for a very timely fix for 2.6

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

How it is possible that SQ changed if Damien didn't touch the core audio module?

Psychoacoustic? :)

That is all the magic Damien is able to do with the bits and bytes from the audio files.

The way they are passed to the next layer and finally to the DAC is making the changes. I don't know what he does exactly but what is certain, is that the compiler is changing/maniputating/"optimizing" his intentions in a way that result sounds different with each version he produces, due to the global "project" source code compilation process.

I have always been wondering if it would be possible to extract as a ressource the binary that does the magic, but it's probably not else Damien would have done that already.

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

I am wondering that too, but hearing about all the acousticanervosa has made me squeamish and hold off from upgrading off of 2.5.3 since I am so happy with the SQ.

You can try 2.6.1 it's extremely close to 2.5.3 and you have zero risk because 2.6.1 is building a new database that will not change the existing one of 2.5.3.

Just rename current with 2.5.3 and install 2.6.1 side by side to test yourself

I'm still having sorting issues in Album View (sorting by Album Artist/Year/Album Title) :-/

Neil Young is now among "B" artists (was between "J" ones in 2.6), Santana, Nina Simone, Bob Dylan, The Who, Jimi Hendrix and many others are all still between "Various Artists" albums

I don't care much, since on the iPad instead all is fine but... please Damien: let me send stuff to the Recycle Bin from a search result too

I sort the same way. Tracks are in the wrong order in playlist. Playlist cannot be sorted manually. Imported playlists from iTunes and they should be a carbon copy should they not? Audirvana sounds great but iTunes sorts like a champion. I use AIFF and ALAC mostly. Love the replay gain feature of the new release but sort order issue really irritating.

2.6.1 sounds awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Looking forward to spending more time with 2.6.1...

Sadly, all A+ versions in el Capitan and an old Sierra beta have been crashing when using the iOS app. If not crashing immediately, A+ crashes when browsing while playing simultaneously.

Doesn't look like anyone else is having this issue.

Never had this problem until yesterday. I was a little slow to update the iOS on my iPad and phone. Never had the issue with the previous iOS versions.

Might delete and reinstall iOS apps tomorrow.

Any suggestions welcome.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Zu meinem hört man 2.5.3 (2.5.4 ist * fast * identisch), 2.6b16 und 2.6.1 sind in SQ und Ton - Präsentation ganz in der Nähe. 2.6.1 hat noch ein bisschen weniger Tiefe (Atmosphäre) als die zwei anderen (Reverb entlässt schneller / zu schnell).

2.6b16 hat weniger das Gefühl der Körper in Bass - Domäne , aber es ist da und geht auf eine kontrollierte Art und Weise sehr tief

2.6.1 hat eine gute Bass Körper aber ein wenig zu kurz für sehr tiefe Bässe (wahrscheinlich , weil sie weniger kontrolliert)

2.5.3 hat eine gute Bass Körper etwas besser gesteuert und etwas kürzer auf sehr tiefem Bass als 2.6.1

In my system I here 2.5.2 becauce a little bit less bass than 2.5.4 and also a more wide sound stage than 2.6.1. And 2.5.2 sounds more analog. Next days I try once more 2.6.1..we will see. The question is why changing in any version the sound quality and perhaps Damien please can you concentrate your activities in the next A+ versions to optimize the sound quality? It sounds great but I think it gives always a way to make the things better. Thanks for your great job!

(comparaison getan "schnell" mit einer Probe von 4-5 Tracks) [/ QUOTE]

Don't know whether the forums collective wisdom can help but I've got a weird iTunes/audirvarna issue! On one album and so far one album only it plays until track seven and then repeats that track over and over, this is using iTunes library played by audirvarna.

I've updated both iTunes and audiovarna to latest and tried deleting and reripping the album but no joy.

Any suggestions?