IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

It might be Audirvana looking in the folder structure, even though the files are tagged correctly. For example files from NativeDSD.com are always put in a parent folder called stereo (if it's stereo of course), which itself is in a parent folder with the artist name and album name.

That seems to trick Audirvana, no matter if the files are tagged correctly.

in fact when I tried starting fresh the mess came back as soon as I added the 2nd folder :mad:

my Albums are organised in folders by file kind (AIFF, AIFF-HiRes, FLAC and so on)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Ever since I've upgraded to the latest version I stopped beeing able to use the DAC for other applications... even when stopped or A+ closed its shuts the use of the DAC for other softwares. Any of you guys had the same problem? I've tried to toggle between direct mode, integer and even core audio and nothing.

Now I can only use the DAC with A+ which is not ideal for my setup. Anyway of solving it?

Tkx

Enviado do meu SM-G920F através de Tapatalk

Ever since I've upgraded to the latest version I stopped beeing able to use the DAC for other applications... even when stopped or A+ closed its shuts the use of the DAC for other softwares. Any of you guys had the same problem? I've tried to toggle between direct mode, integer and even core audio and nothing.

Now I can only use the DAC with A+ which is not ideal for my setup. Anyway of solving it?TkxEnviado do meu SM-G920F através de Tapatalk

Have you try the second option...

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Thanks RunHomeSlow! I just followed your step-by-step instructions from post #150 and all went well. I'm now able to use A+ 2.6.2 Direct Mode with Sierra.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

Ever since I've upgraded to the latest version I stopped beeing able to use the DAC for other applications... even when stopped or A+ closed its shuts the use of the DAC for other softwares.

A+ apparently failed to release "exclusive access" (hog mode) of the DAC. Simply quit A+ and restart the Mac. Everything should be back to normal.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

When I upgraded to 2.6 from 2.5.4 almost 90% of my album images disappeared. On top of that, some images don't match the artist anymore (see Heart below). I'm trying to figure out what metadata I need to fix to get the album images back. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 2.39.32 PM.png

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

Since 2.6.1/2.6.2 my playback randomly gets disturbed with (hard sounding) white static noise as a result. Sometimes after a few songs, sometimes after hours. Non-reproducible. I also added an Uptone LPS-1 to my chain lately so not sure if Audirvana causes this. Anyone else with the same problems?

I only listen to non-upsampled PCM. My chain Mac Mini (powered by JS-2) > Curious USB > Regen (amber) powered by LPS-1 (powered by JS-2) > Curious regen link > Chord Hugo > Amp

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Don't do nothing, wait next fix!

When I upgraded to 2.6 from 2.5.4 almost 90% of my album images disappeared. On top of that, some images don't match the artist anymore (see Heart below). I'm trying to figure out what metadata I need to fix to get the album images back. Any suggestions?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31644[/ATTACH]

I was following this thread and was afraid to update...

Well, today I made a backup and decided install A+2.6.2.

The result is: same sound, like always (Alternative C), and all working fine, like always. I install over my old data (no clean install).

From a long time I use Metadatics to add and organize data of my tracks, instead of iTunes or A+.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I need edit my previous post, now I was listening music for a long period and I found a difference in sound between 2.5.4 and 2.6.2. A+ 2.62 is more dry, best resolution in bass frequency, but with compromise in the top end. I needed relocate my speakers to obtain the sound I lost with the last version. I'm not sure if stay with this version or return to 2.5.4 because I don't use normalization or dr.

Not a big difference in all case, but easy to listen after some time.

Since 2.6.1/2.6.2 my playback randomly gets disturbed with (hard sounding) white static noise as a result. Sometimes after a few songs, sometimes after hours. Non-reproducible. I also added an Uptone LPS-1 to my chain lately so not sure if Audirvana causes this. Anyone else with the same problems?

I only listen to non-upsampled PCM. My chain Mac Mini (powered by JS-2) > Curious USB > Regen (amber) powered by LPS-1 (powered by JS-2) > Curious regen link > Chord Hugo > Amp

Have listened to this A+ version for a couple of days without any issue at all. Would bet that it's as you mention much more related to your ecosystem.

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Having open a jacket (top left in album view), It was impossible to close it... Any idea ? Audirvana 2.6.2

My jackets are +- 1000x1000.

The application itself was not frozen, but no way to move jacket or to shut it down.

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Thanks. I actually was playing with it last night and realized you can do this fairly efficiently if you go into the "View" menu and work with the artist name interface. I did get started and it is a long and tedious process, but I guess there's no alternative. Appreciate the reply.

I now have taken the time to go through the artist names and change the sort values, but the library interface does not seem to be picking up the changes, even after syncing and restarting the program. Any suggestions?

I apologize if this is a bit OT. The only reason that I still use iTunes alongside Audirvana, is that iTunes has the function to automatically organize my music folder based on the file metadata (/Music/<Artist>/<Album>). I would like to get rid of iTunes completely and only use Audirvana, but I want the folder to be structured. Is there any application (or CLI) that can accomplish this? (Or is there a thread where this was already discussed?).

I apologize if this is a bit OT. The only reason that I still use iTunes alongside Audirvana, is that iTunes has the function to automatically organize my music folder based on the file metadata (/Music//). I would like to get rid of iTunes completely and only use Audirvana, but I want the folder to be structured. Is there any application (or CLI) that can accomplish this? (Or is there a thread where this was already discussed?).

I must admit I agree with this. I have the same issue.

I have started a thread to request future features for A+, this would be a good point to add.

Thanks Juanjo! I downloaded Metadatics and you're right, nice and easy metadata editing. I've been able to retrieve and assign images for my albums as well as clean up album tracks, artists, album names, etc :-)

Have been using 2.6.2 for a few days now and am happy with it. SQ seems to be on par with 2.5.4 and A+ is now much faster in navigation. I have no problem what so ever in migrating my library of 100+ albums from 2.5.4 to 2.6.2. I encounter a problem however in editing my playlists. I simply cannot delete an album from my playlists that I used to be able to do easily in 2.5.4. Just highlight the album and hit the delete key. It now does not work. Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

You saw post #636 above... might help.

I found out what's going on. Some of my albums had Track Artist defined but not Album Artist. Audirvana don't see the Track Artist tag for sorting.

@damien: would it be an idea to have audirvana looking at the Track Artist tag if no Album Artist is defined?

Some sites like Nativedsd.com only use the Track Artist tag for defining the artist across an entire album.

Cheers.

I found out what's going on. Some of my albums had Track Artist defined but not Album Artist. Audirvana don't see the Track Artist tag for sorting.

@damien: would it be an idea to have audirvana looking at the Track Artist tag if no Album Artist is defined?

Some sites like Nativedsd.com only use the Track Artist tag for defining the artist across an entire album.

Cheers.

This is the case already when importing the files with the folders sync method: If the album artist is missing, it is guessed from the tracks artist if 75%+ tracks have the same.

Is it the case for the albums you mention?

This was not implemented in 2.6.2 for iTunes sync. It will be in 2.6.3.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

This is the case already when importing the files with the folders sync method: If the album artist is missing, it is guessed from the tracks artist if 75%+ tracks have the same.

Is it the case for the albums you mention?

This was not implemented in 2.6.2 for iTunes sync. It will be in 2.6.3.

I use folder sync from a time capsule;In my case the Track Artist was defined, seemingly correct, on all songs in the problematic albums — but it overlooked it anyway.

I don't know... It works for some album but not others so I'm not able to find a pattern.

I will report back if I find something.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread yet - I tried to look for user experiences of sound quality. I have 1.5.12 on a Mac Mini and just installed 2.6 on a Mac Pro. I've been comparing the two and I'm hearing distinct differences. I have a very revealing system, plus I'm a musician and I'm listening closely for timbre of instruments and low level detail in the mix. What I'm hearing is smoother vocals and string tone, with no loss of detail. In fact low level detail is slightly better - I'm hearing more in the mix. My installation of 1.5.12 had a more gritty treble, particularly on massed voices, and the voices are now more relaxed and euphonic. More like HQPlayer, which has nice smooth vocals. But the downside of HQP as I installed it (default settings and PCM only) was lack of focus and definition in low level detail and instrumental timbres. It was harder to differentiate clarinet from oboe from flute, all of which are clearly audible in A+.

So bottom line is that I do think the SQ has improved overall. Maybe not more than 5% but it's quite audible to me. Perhaps it has something to do with settings and installation - I'm not a geek so haven't tweaked anything, just using default settings.

Hello Damien

I made a screen recording for you showing how the issue occurs. Sorry it is a long video (almost 7 min) but the issue happens after I load the 4th track and continues after that.

You can get the video here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArdJsBMdJGKZpXBUlLvfzpHpwpIh

Hope this would help.

Hello Damien

This issue still exists in 2.6.2

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

I haven't read all the posts on this thread yet - I tried to look for user experiences of sound quality. I have 1.5.12 on a Mac Mini and just installed 2.6 on a Mac Pro. I've been comparing the two and I'm hearing distinct differences. I have a very revealing system, plus I'm a musician and I'm listening closely for timbre of instruments and low level detail in the mix. What I'm hearing is smoother vocals and string tone, with no loss of detail. In fact low level detail is slightly better - I'm hearing more in the mix. My installation of 1.5.12 had a more gritty treble, particularly on massed voices, and the voices are now more relaxed and euphonic. More like HQPlayer, which has nice smooth vocals. But the downside of HQP as I installed it (default settings and PCM only) was lack of focus and definition in low level detail and instrumental timbres. It was harder to differentiate clarinet from oboe from flute, all of which are clearly audible in A+.

So bottom line is that I do think the SQ has improved overall. Maybe not more than 5% but it's quite audible to me. Perhaps it has something to do with settings and installation - I'm not a geek so haven't tweaked anything, just using default settings.

I did not go back to 1.5.10 that was my preferred version at that time.

But would you like to try the 2.6 beta 16 (https://audirvana.com/delivery/AudirvanaPlus_2.5.99.16.dmg)? You can install it in parallel to the other 2.6 by renaming this one or the other (or drag it in another folder). It is very special and I'm curious to hear how it sounds for you.

Thanks

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

I did not go back to 1.5.10 that was my preferred version at that time.

But would you like to try the 2.6 beta 16 (https://audirvana.com/delivery/AudirvanaPlus_2.5.99.16.dmg)? You can install it in parallel to the other 2.6 by renaming this one or the other (or drag it in another folder). It is very special and I'm curious to hear how it sounds for you.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it when I'm more settled with this new version.

A problem I'm getting is that when I use Youtube or online TV, I'm getting a lot of distortion/interference in the sound. This is sometimes present and sometimes not. And when I go back to playing tracks in A+ the distortion remains. I have to quit and reload A+ to get rid of it. I'm not getting a visual of the A+ CD player either, as I did with my previous Mac Mini 1.5.12 install.

Ideas?