IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Have you really followed the procedure i wrote for easy changing the ktext extension from the first line to the last, because it is working and easy, but all things have to be done in order, if you dont want to screw your OS.

I'm on phone now, but if i remember the link and files can be downloaded in this thread, from post #150. Repairing permission after the change with onyx is crucial...

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I would just rollback the OS (using the Recovery mode if needed), rather than trying to hack it.

I would just rollback the OS (using the Recovery mode if needed), rather than trying to hack it.

Some like to be with the latest OS...

I found Sierra more responsive than El Capitan working with Screen Sharing, copying large files from one mac to the other..., but i have also my backup of 10.11.6 latest OS with perfectly working A+ and The Sierra Backup too from perfectly working A+ on 10.12.2 direct mode on, done with SuperDuper, i can switch from 10.11 or 10.12 in an hour... It may not be for all users not knowing too much about playing with system... But if someone wants Direct Mode with Sierra... you have to do it :-) Do you need Direct Mode absolutely... you decide :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Yesterday I updated from 2.5.4 to 2.6.1. I just migrated the library and everything appeared to have been a success. I have 3 folders being synced by Audirvana. Two on the internal HD and one from a Timecapsule.

A closer look revealed that some of the files tagging were not read by 2.6.1 : all I had for these were the album artist = parent folder and album title = folder containing the audio files, weird. Even the bitrate were not available to 2.6.1. The ones I checked were stored on the internal HD.

Next problem : I was not allowed to edit the metadata in 2.6.1 - see the dialog !?

I repaired my permissions, restarted the computer, but to no avail.

Going back to 2.5.4 confirmed that the same files were proberly tagged (by A+ by the way) and the same files could again be edited by A+.

Any suggestions apart from staying in 2.5.4 ? I would certainly prefer to listen to music instead of editing it's metadata once again !

Update : I'm happy to report that 2.6.2 has solved my issue. Turned out that these FLAC files didn't completely comply with the new, stricter validation of the metadata in the FLAC's, that's been introduced by A+ 2.6.

In 2.6.2 Damien has loosened this validation a bit and my troubled files has obtained their original metadata again.

Based on last night´s listening I must say that 2.6.2 sound at least as good as 2.5.4, but it syncs a lot faster. Great player with fantastic support :)

Odelay : thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated !

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

sorting by "Album Artist" still has glitches (as I have already reported since 2.6) :-/

Do the "recalculate replaigain" for each of the album with "album artist" sort problem... then these album will take the right place in the list ...

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

Do the "recalculate replaigain" for each of the album with "album artist" sort problem... then these album will take the right place in the list ...

already done (looking for albums with missing Reply Gain is how I actually found about this issue) and... no: they won't! :mad:

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 10 40 00 AM_1024px.jpg

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Have you really followed the procedure i wrote for easy changing the ktext extension from the first line to the last, because it is working and easy, but all things have to be done in order, if you dont want to screw your OS.

I'm on phone now, but if i remember the link and files can be downloaded in this thread, from post #150. Repairing permission after the change with onyx is crucial...

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I made it! Instruction is clear and very useful. Direct mode is available in my Sierra 10.12.2 now! :)

already done (looking for albums with missing Reply Gain is how I actually found about this issue) and... no: they won't! :mad:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31574[/ATTACH]

In this picture, your Albums title are NOT the same so they split...

your covers are NOT the same for an album so they split....

Rename your Buena Vista to all 3 with same title name and drop the cover of one on all three...

Same with neil young... the cover are different and album titles too.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

I made it! Instruction is clear and very useful. Direct mode is available in my Sierra 10.12.2 now! :)

You'll have to do it again if your upgrade to 10.12.3, but now you are a pro :-)

In this picture, your Albums title are NOT the same so they split...

your covers are NOT the same for an album so they split....

Rename your Buena Vista to all 3 with same title name and drop the cover of one on all three...

Same with neil young... the cover are different and album titles too.

issue is *NOT* about albums being split

(different resolutions each so different "tags" purposely added to Album Title so they *do* split)

issue I have been reporting since 2.6 is Neil Young sorted among "B" Artists :-/

(just an example: I have many other artist sorted in the wrong place, mostly under "V", in between Various Artist)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

issue is *NOT* about albums being split

(different resolutions each so different "tags" purposely added to Album Title so they *do* split)

issue I have been reporting since 2.6 is Neil Young sorted among "B" Artists :-/

(just an example: I have many other artist sorted in the wrong place, mostly under "V", in between Various Artist)

Oupps, sorry :-)

Have you look on the View menu, Show Artist list... in the B letter there is surely one starting artist in Bxxxxx with Neil Young name in it, no?

Have you look on the View menu, Show Artist list... in the B letter there is surely one starting artist in Bxxxxx with Neil Young name in it, no?

huh.png

let me see...

oh, f**k: looks that's indeed the case

now... only way it can happen, as my tags are fine, is... A+ reading "Artists" from "Composer" tag (which looks to be indeed what it does :rolleyes: as there's a Neil Young song in a Bugge Wesseltoft album) *and* using those for sorting :mad:

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 04 18 26 PM_1024px.jpg

headphones system:

Can someone instruct me on how to set up a poll on this forum? I would be interested in creating a simple poll for the numerous Audirvana users here, as to whether they can hear SQ differences between the most recent version (2.6.2) and the last iteration where the developer acknowledged that he actually altered the SQ (2.5.2).

a) newer version(s) sound better

b) newer version(s) sounds worse

c) no audible difference

Personally, I'm in the "c" camp. Either my equipment or my ears, or both, are not up to snuff.

I would tend to give it a little "a" for the very lightly better controlled bass domain. But b16 is still heads above IMHO.

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

Just a personal reflexion.Since the A+ 2.0, the upgrades are very important.I thank to Damien for all the new funtionalities he added since the V2.Streaming integration (I love so much Qobuz+Audirvana), excellent library management, the DSD compatibility and so much excellent new functions. And all of that in free upgrades since the V2.Thank's a lot Mr Damien.But what new important functions could be added in the V3 ?

But what new important functions could be added in the V3 ?

I think DSD playing was in early stage...

Better optimization of upsampling to DSD, better use of filters and less hungry ressources from CPU when upsampling to DSD. Damien finding is final Ultimate sound :-) You don't have to change things or adding to many feature that compromise the easyness of the software... i have to say also that 2.6.2 was a major step for library management... just for the speed alone was worth the change

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31614[/ATTACH]

Anybody has a clue? Some 40 albums a sorting all wrong (see attached). Rest is good. Strange. And yes Barry White is listed as as Barry White in the artist list.

You saw post #636 above... might help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31616[/ATTACH]

Thanks. But as you can see, that isn't the case.... with any of the albums by the way.

All the wrong ones are all together in line in your library... at the beginning, at the end ??

All the wrong ones are all together in line in your library... at the beginning, at the end ??

I only posted a screenshot with Neil Young albums, but I have many others not sorting as they should

most of them are scattered in-between Various Artists albums

and I'm not going to check album by album, artist by artist what A+ 2.6 has picked as Sort Artist :rolleyes:

all I know for sure is that *my* tags are fine!

headphones system:

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 20.46.25.jpg

At the beginning. The image is from the top. What seems to be happening is that for the albums which is ill sorted it goes for the title of the album instead of the artist. Even though the files are correctly tagged with album artist as you can see from the image.

Why Audirvana disregards the album artist with just those 40 or so albums is a mystery.

I only posted a screenshot with Neil Young albums, but I have many others not sorting as they should

most of them are scattered in-between Various Artists albums

and I'm not going to check album by album, artist by artist what A+ 2.6 has picked as Sort Artist :rolleyes:

all I know for sure is that *my* tags are fine!

There must be a pattern somewhere to be found, and easy change why those albums are like that... my 2615 are all good :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31617[/ATTACH]

At the beginning. The image is from the top. What seems to be happening is that for the albums which is ill sorted it goes for the title of the album instead of the artist. Even though the files are correctly tagged with album artist as you can see from the image.

Why Audirvana disregards the album artist with just those 40 or so albums is a mystery.

Are you with v2.6.2?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31617[/ATTACH]

have you seen post #499 by Damien in this thread...

have you seen post #499 by Damien in this thread...

It might be Audirvana looking in the folder structure, even though the files are tagged correctly. For example files from NativeDSD.com are always put in a parent folder called stereo (if it's stereo of course), which itself is in a parent folder with the artist name and album name.

That seems to trick Audirvana, no matter if the files are tagged correctly.