IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Downloaded the latest version and still find the SQ not so good as the version 2.5.2 I did quite a few tests with a friend of mine present and we both came to the same conclusion. I'm not sure why the SQ keeps changing with different versions, I'm going to give it some time with the development and continue to run Roon and HQ Player for the time being

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Hello, you need to click on an iperlink, like composer or artist, ecc. then the browse function will appear in the left side menu.

Thanks - that worked

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Can anyone tell me why a large QUEUE playlist which I tend to do on weekends plays what appears the same songs over and over on 'shuffle play' ie it really doesn't appear to do random selections and then stops playing(says all selections have played) after an hour or so or less and I have to restart the queue. It's not a game changer but annoying. Are are my queue lists TOO long? This is on ver 2.6.1

Running PCM to DSD256 using A8 modulator in El Cap, Direct Mode, Integer Mode 1, and don't recall experiencing this.

Are you running direct to amp using A+ volume control (I'm using preamp volume control)?

I do not think you can go amp direct with DSD from A+ using A+ volume control, as the DSD signal can’t be modified (it is a PWM and not a PCM) thus no volume control can be applied in the digital domain.

I tried and wow, LOUD! Luckily my 30 WPC class A amp did not overload my speakers.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

I do not think you can go amp direct with DSD from A+ using A+ volume control, as the DSD signal can’t be modified (it is a PWM and not a PCM) thus no volume control can be applied in the digital domain.

I tried and wow, LOUD! Luckily my 30 WPC class A amp did not overload my speakers.

If you're converting from PCM, you can in principle (though I don't know if A+ does this) adjust the volume before upsampling.

Yesterday I updated from 2.5.4 to 2.6.1. I just migrated the library and everything appeared to have been a success. I have 3 folders being synced by Audirvana. Two on the internal HD and one from a Timecapsule.

A closer look revealed that some of the files tagging were not read by 2.6.1 : all I had for these were the album artist = parent folder and album title = folder containing the audio files, weird. Even the bitrate were not available to 2.6.1. The ones I checked were stored on the internal HD.

Next problem : I was not allowed to edit the metadata in 2.6.1 - see the dialog !?

I repaired my permissions, restarted the computer, but to no avail.

Going back to 2.5.4 confirmed that the same files were proberly tagged (by A+ by the way) and the same files could again be edited by A+.

Any suggestions apart from staying in 2.5.4 ? I would certainly prefer to listen to music instead of editing it's metadata once again !

Not tagged.png

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

A few things that you might try ...

One might be moving problem albums in and out of your synched folders

Try could check the metadata with a third party app (I use the free Kid3).

Another is to move your library file and force A+ to make anew one from scratch.

Good luck. [emoji256]

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Dear fellow A+ lovers,

I am in the process of migrating my music files to a new hard drive and would like to use that as the new database for A+. I have more than 1,000 albums and have in recent years spent quite some time to make a set of playlists. May I ask for advice how I can migrate while keeping intact the playlists. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm having multiple problems with playlists on 2.6.1 under Yosemite 10.10.5. For example, when I create a new playlist then add a large number of tracks (~150), often the app will crash completely with a bad instruction exception when I try to re-order the tracks. Other times, re-ordering works, but I can't delete tracks from the playlist. Reliable playlist handling is really important to how I use Audirvana, so I've had to go back to 2.5.4 for now.

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread0 com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus 0x00000001003e56a8 0x100000000 + 40854161 com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus 0x00000001003d541d 0x100000000 + 40192292 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff91f39ba3 -[NSTableView performDragOperation:] + 2103 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff91ad74dd NSCoreDragReceiveMessageProc + 3454 com.apple.HIServices 0x00007fff97dd3e72 DoMultipartDropMessage + 3275 com.apple.HIServices 0x00007fff97dd3b74 DoDropMessage + 416 com.apple.HIServices 0x00007fff97dd3b20 SendDropMessage + 437 com.apple.HIServices 0x00007fff97dd2899 DragInApplication + 513

Yesterday I updated from 2.5.4 to 2.6.1. I just migrated the library and everything appeared to have been a success. I have 3 folders being synced by Audirvana. Two on the internal HD and one from a Timecapsule.

A closer look revealed that some of the files tagging were not read by 2.6.1 : all I had for these were the album artist = parent folder and album title = folder containing the audio files, weird. Even the bitrate were not available to 2.6.1. The ones I checked were stored on the internal HD.

Next problem : I was not allowed to edit the metadata in 2.6.1 - see the dialog !?

I repaired my permissions, restarted the computer, but to no avail.

Going back to 2.5.4 confirmed that the same files were proberly tagged (by A+ by the way) and the same files could again be edited by A+.

Any suggestions apart from staying in 2.5.4 ? I would certainly prefer to listen to music instead of editing it's metadata once again !

Can you give me more details on those files? Or even send one (by email) so I can investigate it?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Can you give me more details on those files? Or even send one (by email) so I can investigate it?

Sure, I'll send you one tonight as Private Message, when I get home.

I have a playlist for DSD files (filter : bitdepth less than 2) and the FLAC files that's showing up here in 2.6.1 are all FLAC files (24/48) downloaded from Society of Sound (Bowers & Wilkins). Here's a screendump showing 0bit / 0khz - the files plays just fine !

Flac info.png

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2020 / 16GB RAM / OSX Big Sur; Rockna Wavelight DAC; TDSS Level-3 upgraded NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers; 2 REL T/9i subwoofers; PS PowerPlant 3.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

Hello Damien,

First thanks for the good work, it feels more like a 3.0 than a 2.6.x ! In terms of performance it's just impressive how faster the software is and the interface improvements are awesome.

I've noticed two issues :

- if i rate the currently playing track the rating disappears when the track is done playing. No issue if i rate a track i'm not playing.

- sometimes audirvana crashes when i'm adding or modifying the title of a folder inside my library folder, though it doesn't happen everytime and i haven't managed to figure out how to replicate that.

If i can allow myself a little demand : would it be possible to have the same background black that you put in the research tab in the library tab. The grey is OK but i really like a plain black :)

Thanks again, and i can't wait to the see what is coming the future, considering how A+ improved since i bought the license for the v1 2 years ago. To be honest i'm a student and it's the only software i bought a licence for :D

Hello Damien,

First thanks for the good work, it feels more like a 3.0 than a 2.6.x ! In terms of performance it's just impressive how faster the software is and the interface improvements are awesome.

I've noticed two issues :

- if i rate the currently playing track the rating disappears when the track is done playing. No issue if i rate a track i'm not playing.

- sometimes audirvana crashes when i'm adding or modifying the title of a folder inside my library folder, though it doesn't happen everytime and i haven't managed to figure out how to replicate that.

If i can allow myself a little demand : would it be possible to have the same background black that you put in the research tab in the library tab. The grey is OK but i really like a plain black :)

Thanks again, and i can't wait to the see what is coming the future, considering how A+ improved since i bought the license for the v1 2 years ago. To be honest i'm a student and it's the only software i bought a licence for :D

Fixed the rating disappearing issue (for 2.6.2).

Can you send me by email (or PM) the crash report you get?

For the search results popup, the dark grey background is there to have the black header rows differentiate visually.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I'm new to Audirvana. Just purchased 2.5.4 about 2 weeks ago. I have 498 albums in my library and all of them loaded fine with only a few missing album images. Last week I updated to 2.6 and now only 30 of the albums have images, the rest are displayed as gray CDs.

I deleted all of my albums from the disk and then re-loaded them, I removed then renamed and re-added the library folder in Audirvana, but only the same 30 albums have images (randomly spaced throughout my library)

Does anyone have a suggestion I can try to get my album images back? Everything else is working fine. Love the sound!

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

Some Audio Units still don't work in realtime mode. For example AU's from Goodhertz, iZotope RX4, iZotope Ozone6 and from Kazrog. Track starts and stopps after 1 sec. AU window does not show up. Anybody else has these issues?

Besides all AU's from Voxengo work perfect in realtime mode.

OSX 10.9.5

Damien, I made some new tests in realtime mode with my AU configuration (2 from Voxengo and 1 Goodhertz Gooddither):

1) A+ 2.6.1 over Firewire to Mytek DSD192 = Not working

2) A+ 2.6.1 over USB to Mytek DSD192 = working

3) Fidelia over Firewire to Mytek DSD192 = working

So, I guess the issue is being caused by A+.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

Use the same volume name you are using, and the same folder structure!

After migration, rename the older HDD to a new volume name!

This way, when you open A+ it will see the new HDD as the older one...

Dear fellow A+ lovers,

I am in the process of migrating my music files to a new hard drive and would like to use that as the new database for A+. I have more than 1,000 albums and have in recent years spent quite some time to make a set of playlists. May I ask for advice how I can migrate while keeping intact the playlists. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm having fadigue after 30/40 minutes of audition!

I never heard a so bad bass and dynamics with A+.

I'm back again to JRiver while Damien solves this issue...

Downloaded the latest version and still find the SQ not so good as the version 2.5.2 I did quite a few tests with a friend of mine present and we both came to the same conclusion. I'm not sure why the SQ keeps changing with different versions, I'm going to give it some time with the development and continue to run Roon and HQ Player for the time being

Just released 2.6.2 with bug fixes, including:

• Better metadata handling on files with erroneous values
  • Correctly disengages in iTunes integrated mode to allow Apple Music and other DRM protected content to be played in iTunes

Can someone instruct me on how to set up a poll on this forum? I would be interested in creating a simple poll for the numerous Audirvana users here, as to whether they can hear SQ differences between the most recent version (2.6.2) and the last iteration where the developer acknowledged that he actually altered the SQ (2.5.2).

a) newer version(s) sound better

b) newer version(s) sounds worse

c) no audible difference

Personally, I'm in the "c" camp. Either my equipment or my ears, or both, are not up to snuff.

Im with you wwaldmanfan ,having spent a couple of decades as a recording engineer my poor old ears give it a big C,Damien is a chap on his own trying to get this sounding as good as he can an i applaud his fine efforts and excellent customer response,cant imagine he would want it to sound worse,

Big "C"

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Just released 2.6.2 with bug fixes, including:

• Better metadata handling on files with erroneous values
  • Correctly disengages in iTunes integrated mode to allow Apple Music and other DRM protected content to be played in iTunes

Really appreciate speed & reliability . Merci Damien

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Really appreciate speed & reliability . Merci Damien

By the way... C for me too...to me, no real big deal between versions. All good ! [emoji736]

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2