IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Apologies if this has already been addressed -- I looked through the thread and wasn't able to find it.

in 2.6, some of my albums now seem to be sorted based on the last name of the artist rather than just the first letter of the artist name. The glaring example is Bob Dylan, which now appears among the "D" artists. This would not be a big deal to me if it were consistent, but it seems to happen only with certain artists and not others. Even worse, for some artists, certain albums are sorted that way, but not other albums. I noticed yesterday that some Joni Mitchell albums are sorted to "J," while others are sorted to "M." Finally, while appreciate that there seems to have been an effort to implement the long-requested feature of ignoring "The" in artist names, it only works with about half of my Beatles albums, so that some are now under "B," while others are still under "T." It's a serious functionality problem that I didn't have before.

I'm sure this is an issue with my metadata being inconsistent somehow, but I don't know what new criterion is now being used, and I'm not really interested in going through all of the thousands of albums to check them. Does anyone know what's going on, and can anyone recommend an efficient fix?

Hello! Unfortunately, after a few days using, I found the new bug:

– a good *.cue files now (2.6.1 and 2.6.2) lose tracks, sometimes only first is presenting, or all tracks without first.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pv3dg8onkknth9/Vivaldi%20-%20The%20Four%20Seasons%2C%20Sinfonia%20%27%27Al%20Santo%20Sepolcro%27%27%2C%20Concerto%20op.3%20no.10.cue?dl=0

I tried to fix it in XLD, XLD show this cue as a right file.

I have not idea how to fixe cue.Zrzut ekranu 2016-12-15 01.40.27.jpg

Help!

I just upgraded to 2.6.2. Running it on Mac Mini with OS 10.11.6. Can't get the Add library function to work. I select a folder and it doesn't show up on the list. Multiple reboots don't help

Cincy

dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler and Master Clock

D'Agostino M400 Momentum Monoblocks

Magico S1 Mk2 speakers

Mac Mini running Audirvana

Transparent Opus Gen 5 Speaker Cables

Transparent Ref XL Interconnects

Shunyata and Furutech power cords

i comfirmed for those on Sierra that starting fresh tonight just for fun with 10.12.2

and replacing the audio extension of El Capitan after, brings back the Direct mode

like before in Audirvana Plus :-)

Funk you Apple!

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hello! Unfortunately, after a few days using, I found the new bug:

– a good *.cue files now (2.6.1 and 2.6.2) lose tracks, sometimes only first is presenting, or all tracks without first.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pv3dg8onkknth9/Vivaldi%20-%20The%20Four%20Seasons%2C%20Sinfonia%20%27%27Al%20Santo%20Sepolcro%27%27%2C%20Concerto%20op.3%20no.10.cue?dl=0

I tried to fix it in XLD, XLD show this cue as a right file.

I have not idea how to fixe cue.[ATTACH=CONFIG]31545[/ATTACH]

Removed that folder from your music folder, sync then put it back on its place, and sync. That usually cured it for me... this is a bug i think since doing that cured that :-)

... but for me, i remove all those .cue files if they are already with separate flacs or audio files, if not i split the cue into files with XLD and trash it after, same with .ape (that i hate), iso files that are locked sometimes... simpler the better.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Help!

I just upgraded to 2.6.2. Running it on Mac Mini with OS 10.11.6. Can't get the Add library function to work. I select a folder and it doesn't show up on the list. Multiple reboots don't helpCincy

Mmmm, can't add a folder in A+ prefs panel for a library... you have a problem, not A+ :-)

Have you drag the application from the .dmg on your application folder, then select your folder??

can't think of anything else.

a) newer version(s) sound better

b) newer version(s) sounds worse

c) no audible difference

Personally, I'm in the "c" camp. Either my equipment or my ears, or both, are not up to snuff.

"C" for me too. Tonight I intended to listen to digital for an hour or so then switch to vinyl, but I never made it to the turntable. Audirvana (latest) kept me engaged for hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a new user, i've been looking for a solution to this but haven't found one yet. If you can point me in the right direction that'd be great.

I've imported 2 directories:/FLAC/*/MP3AAC/*

FLAC is all unique filesMP3AAC contains MP3 (or AAC) versions of all the FLAC material as well as a bunch of other stuff. This is what my iTunes library is built on as well.Both of these directory structures are pretty clean and the music is all well tagged.

What I was hoping to do was to have access to both sets of files in a consolidated library view so i can search/select/play everything. When I select an album that i have both a FLAC and MP3 version of it seems to sort by Track number so it alternates Track-1-FLAC, TRACK-1-MP3 etc...

I've set up a Smart Playlist for FLAC files and another for MP3 files. That works but there's no easy way to search the entire library and then select which file version to play - the only way i've found is to search the overall consolidated library to figure out what's there and then search the appropriate smart playlist to play the one i want (which is less than ideal).

Am i doing this right, or am i missing something? Any advice appreciated

EDIT: My preference is to play the FLAC version of the music if available and MP3/AAC version if that's the only option - through a single search or navigation in the library.

I'm a new user, i've been looking for a solution to this but haven't found one yet. If you can point me in the right direction that'd be great.

I've imported 2 directories:/FLAC/*/MP3AAC/*

FLAC is all unique filesMP3AAC contains MP3 (or AAC) versions of all the FLAC material as well as a bunch of other stuff. This is what my iTunes library is built on as well.Both of these directory structures are pretty clean and the music is all well tagged.

What I was hoping to do was to have access to both sets of files in a consolidated library view so i can search/select/play everything. When I select an album that i have both a FLAC and MP3 version of it seems to sort by Track number so it alternates Track-1-FLAC, TRACK-1-MP3 etc...

I've set up a Smart Playlist for FLAC files and another for MP3 files. That works but there's no easy way to search the entire library and then select which file version to play - the only way i've found is to search the overall consolidated library to figure out what's there and then search the appropriate smart playlist to play the one i want (which is less than ideal).

Am i doing this right, or am i missing something? Any advice appreciated

EDIT: My preference is to play the FLAC version of the music if available and MP3/AAC version if that's the only option - through a single search or navigation in the library.

As an immediate fix beyond smart playlists, you can also use the filter/column browser where you can filter for file type, unfortunately, at this stage, this works only in track, not in album view mode.

For the future, you may want to consider naming the albums with an extension e.g. [MP3] or [Flac] at the end of the album name. In this case, you just need to type "flac" during the search and you're all set.

If I have several different versions of an album, e.g. redbook and high-res remaster, or several different remasters, that's what I do. It may be a bit of work in the beginning but will be a useful exercise even for other playback systems in the future.

The other question is, why do you keep the MP3 version of a FLAC album in the first place? Itunes can convert to AAC on the fly if you need it for an iOS device.

sorting by "Album Artist" still has glitches (as I have already reported since 2.6) :-/

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I removed folder (Tafelmusik 47CD Collection) even to other HDD and sync it. Unfortunately is not work. I has the total mishmash. Most of CDs lose a first tracks, some CDs having only first tracks. Album covers lost and randomly changed…

Zrzut ekranu 2016-12-15 12.34.28.jpg

From a few days I has 10.12.2 after El Capitan. And tried in my new 10.12.2 to change IOAudioFamily.kext from Capitan. It's not work for me, Sierra with old kext can't find any audiodevice in my iMac 2011. I returned Sierra kext instead Capitan kext – OS can't find audiodevice. So I installed OS again. Audio is working, direct mode – not.

From a few days I has 10.12.2 after El Capitan. And tried in my new 10.12.2 to change IOAudioFamily.kext from Capitan. It's not work for me, Sierra with old kext can't find any audiodevice in my iMac 2011. I returned Sierra kext instead Capitan kext – OS can't find audiodevice. So I installed OS again. Audio is working, direct mode – not.

Have you followed carefully the recipy that i wrote on my post #150 here for changing the extension ? #150

Have you followed carefully the recipy that i wrote on my post #150 here for changing the extension ? #150

Yes, I followed carefully the recipy (not at the first time trial), moved>sync without>move again to music folder>sync again. But without success, I'm sad… A new random picture cover, part of cue files was recognized right, but very big part – no.

Zrzut ekranu 2016-12-15 15.28.38.jpg

Yes, I followed carefully the recipy (not at the first time trial), moved>sync without>move again to music folder>sync again. But without success, I'm sad… A new random picture cover, part of cue files was recognized right, but very big part – no.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31557[/ATTACH]

they are not the same Artist... that is why they are split, no?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31557[/ATTACH]

Go in Audirvana View Menu in the bar and select Show Artist List... select all those with Telemusic and Rename them on the right column to Telemusic only...

Go in Audirvana View Menu in the bar and select Show Artist List... select all those with Telemusic and Rename them on the right column to Telemusic only...

Thanks, artist rename to Tafelnmusik cure all the cue files. But it very strange, because all cue files already has the same artists in all tracks (per one CD). And XLD show it right. I have not idea why A+ found different artists in cue.

But CD covers still is randomly wrong.

and this 2012 Mac mini will be my last Mac dedicated music player

I'm digging my 2012 Mac minii as well. Kicks butt on my old windows music player running JRiver.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

Apologies if this has already been addressed -- I looked through the thread and wasn't able to find it.

in 2.6, some of my albums now seem to be sorted based on the last name of the artist rather than just the first letter of the artist name. The glaring example is Bob Dylan, which now appears among the "D" artists. This would not be a big deal to me if it were consistent, but it seems to happen only with certain artists and not others. Even worse, for some artists, certain albums are sorted that way, but not other albums. I noticed yesterday that some Joni Mitchell albums are sorted to "J," while others are sorted to "M." Finally, while appreciate that there seems to have been an effort to implement the long-requested feature of ignoring "The" in artist names, it only works with about half of my Beatles albums, so that some are now under "B," while others are still under "T." It's a serious functionality problem that I didn't have before.

I'm sure this is an issue with my metadata being inconsistent somehow, but I don't know what new criterion is now being used, and I'm not really interested in going through all of the thousands of albums to check them. Does anyone know what's going on, and can anyone recommend an efficient fix?

In the metadata, apart from the Artist and Album Artist tags, there are also two other tags called Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist. Earlier versions didn't recognise these but the new one does.

Tags can be like this:

Album Artist: Bob Dylan

Sort Album Artist: Dylan, Bob

In which case, the album metadata will show up as Bob Dylan but the album will be sorted under D.

I too have found that the sorting seems to be random. Some albums are affected, some are not. To change this, I'm afraid there is no quick fix, or at least none that I can see. The only option is to fill in the "Sort" tags on the affected albums so that they show up according to your liking. I have close to 4000 albums and it's been a slow slog but I've reached Ray Charles so the end is in sight. You might as well get started :)

In the metadata, apart from the Artist and Album Artist tags, there are also two other tags called Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist. Earlier versions didn't recognise these but the new one does.

Tags can be like this:

Album Artist: Bob Dylan

Sort Album Artist: Dylan, Bob

In which case, the album metadata will show up as Bob Dylan but the album will be sorted under D.

I too have found that the sorting seems to be random. Some albums are affected, some are not. To change this, I'm afraid there is no quick fix, or at least none that I can see. The only option is to fill in the "Sort" tags on the affected albums so that they show up according to your liking. I have close to 4000 albums and it's been a slow slog but I've reached Ray Charles so the end is in sight. You might as well get started :)

Thanks. I actually was playing with it last night and realized you can do this fairly efficiently if you go into the "View" menu and work with the artist name interface. I did get started and it is a long and tedious process, but I guess there's no alternative. Appreciate the reply.

As an immediate fix beyond smart playlists, you can also use the filter/column browser where you can filter for file type, unfortunately, at this stage, this works only in track, not in album view mode.

For the future, you may want to consider naming the albums with an extension e.g. [MP3] or [Flac] at the end of the album name. In this case, you just need to type "flac" during the search and you're all set.

If I have several different versions of an album, e.g. redbook and high-res remaster, or several different remasters, that's what I do. It may be a bit of work in the beginning but will be a useful exercise even for other playback systems in the future.

The other question is, why do you keep the MP3 version of a FLAC album in the first place? Itunes can convert to AAC on the fly if you need it for an iOS device.

Thanks for the reply! I think i need to wait for the filtering on file type at the album level - that's what i figured would fix it for me last night.

I recently went through and re-ripped and cleaned up all of my music after ~12 years of accumulated library debt. As part of doing that i decided to use FLAC for my lossless files and high-quality 256/320 mp3/aac vbr for my compressed files (where i had the option). I've got the metadata all sorted for the most part too - and was trying to steer away from using album and track titles to store what would normally be meta-data. I used to do that in my previous libraries and it was too difficult to maintain properly - it lead to bad information propagating everywhere.

I'm not a particular fan of iTunes but i do use it for listening while at work (via their itunes match service) and on my phone. I use a few different FLAC capable players at home - i'm trying out Audirvava as part of that.

Thanks for the reply! I think i need to wait for the filtering on file type at the album level - that's what i figured would fix it for me last night.

I recently went through and re-ripped and cleaned up all of my music after ~12 years of accumulated library debt. As part of doing that i decided to use FLAC for my lossless files and high-quality 256/320 mp3/aac vbr for my compressed files (where i had the option). I've got the metadata all sorted for the most part too - and was trying to steer away from using album and track titles to store what would normally be meta-data. I used to do that in my previous libraries and it was too difficult to maintain properly - it lead to bad information propagating everywhere.

I'm not a particular fan of iTunes but i do use it for listening while at work (via their itunes match service) and on my phone. I use a few different FLAC capable players at home - i'm trying out Audirvava as part of that.

I've been on this same road, re-ripping and retagging, converting to FLAC to avoid future headaches of this type. The end is in sight.

Still confused why 2.6.x has problems reading metadata that 2.5.4 can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

I've been on this same road, re-ripping and retagging, converting to FLAC to avoid future headaches of this type. The end is in sight.

Still confused why 2.6.x has problems reading metadata that 2.5.4 can see.

I'm not familiar with the differences between 2.6.x and 2.5.4. The way i see this manifest is that the album view displays both the FLAC and MP3 version of the songs. I add "File Type" as a viewable piece of meta data but then i can't sort by File Type in the tracklist view.

If i could sort by File Type and then by Track Number I wouldn't have a problem. As it is implemented right now it essentially double-tracks the entire album.

Track 1 - FLAC

Track 1 - MP3

Track 2 - FLAC

Track 2 - MP3

The only way to handle this right now i think would be to create a playlist for each and every album - which i'd rather not do.

Who of you changed original IOAudioFamily.kext from Sierra 10.12.2 for old one, from Capitan (dating 08.27.2015)? As I wrote in my new OS, after kext replacing, the audio system is totally not work, OS can't recognize any audio device on board and external DAC too. And audio was not working after I return original IOAudioFamily.kext from Sierra. And I must to reinstall OS again.

Please explain me how I can to make kext changing properly. Where is my fault?

Who of you changed original IOAudioFamily.kext from Sierra 10.12.2 for old one, from Capitan (dating 08.27.2015)? As I wrote in my new OS, after kext replacing, the audio system is totally not work, OS can't recognize any audio device on board and external DAC too. And audio was not working after I return original IOAudioFamily.kext from Sierra. And I must to reinstall OS again.

Please explain me how I can to make kext changing properly. Where is my fault?

Have you really followed the procedure i wrote for easy changing the ktext extension from the first line to the last, because it is working and easy, but all things have to be done in order, if you dont want to screw your OS.

I'm on phone now, but if i remember the link and files can be downloaded in this thread, from post #150. Repairing permission after the change with onyx is crucial...

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile